Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 05:52PM

I love how this other organization uses scripture to shame the Mormon church. Not that any source should be needed to tell a church, "Don't be a dick--do the right thing."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 06:09PM

Yeah.

But the story is about two religious groups fighting over money they get from selling the bible. Neither is being "Jesus-like."

Personally, I see more than a bit of hypocrisy in Litchfield's side...after all, the bible also says that if somebody takes your coat, give them your shirt as well. Guess they conveniently forgot that part.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 09:13PM

Litchfield stated, “We just didn't file a law suit against the Mormon Church, we reached out to the Mormon Church to find a reasonable and Biblical solution, but were rebuffed and immediately turned over to Church attorney's, who abruptly rejected Litchfield's copyright infringement claim. T

Posted by: kairos ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 06:25PM

look the church sets the kirton-mcconkie bulldog lawyers on every case and watches how they try to demolish the opposition. because of kirton -mcconkie no church leader has been in court over a child sexual abuse case. i have read countless accounts of lawyer bullying, stretching out cases with appeals and filings ad nauseam until the victim is out of lawyer money and goes to settlement. at some point a kid with a billionaire parent is not going to settle and you will have the FP testifying and probabling lying about what he knew and when he knew-i hope that day is soon.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 06:32PM

I loved the photo of the tabernacle. *LOL*

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 10:17PM

About the Author: Carrie Brunner
Carrie Brunner grew up in a small town in northern New Brunswick. She studied chemistry in college, graduated, and married her husband one month later. They were then blessed with two baby boys within the first four years of marriage. Having babies gave their family a desire to return to the old paths – to nourish their family with traditional, homegrown foods; rid their home of toxic chemicals and petroleum products; and give their boys a chance to know a simple, sustainable way of life. They are currently building a homestead from scratch on two little acres in central Texas. There’s a lot to be done to become somewhat self-sufficient, but they are debt-free and get to spend their days living this simple, good life together with their five young children. Carrie writes mostly on provincial stories.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 09:01PM

Assholes

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.