Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 12:05PM

If anything, being Mormon digresses and has led many otherwise good people astray.

How to reconcile that between themselves and their higher power?

They don't, because they can't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 12:07PM

In my world, they don't even have a corner on it.

Date: November 17, 2017 12:11PM

Thank you. I concur.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 12:15PM

Please, I don't mean to be picky, but what does the "it" in your response refer to? What is "it" that Mormons don't have cornered?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 12:16PM

Like beauty, truth, salvation, or eternity are in the eye of the beholder with the best imagination.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 12:31PM

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 12:17PM

There are quite a few churches in the Latter-day Saint movement and none has a monopoly on the religious ideas of founder Joseph Smith.

Brigham's Utah-based church may be the largest of the post-succession crisis splinter groups, but it never held a valid legal claim as the successor to Joseph Smith's church, nor did it ever own important property, such as the copyrights on the various books of Mormon scripture.

Date: November 17, 2017 05:11PM

Brigham's brand of Mormonism he took westward with him was nothing other than a power grab.

That's what was in it for him. He coveted what Joseph had, and saw his opportunity to advance upon his demise.

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 01:40PM

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 09:12PM

No religion has a monopoly on salvation and eternity because they don't exist. There is no God, you don't need to be saved.

Truth can be proven with facts, otherwise it's just a belief.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 09:50PM

I believe in salvation for I have been saved from wasting the rest of my earth life in the cult. I was saved from wasting my money supporting the retirement of the GA's and their families. Now I can take care of my own retirement. I have been saved from deeper depression that is crippling since I can now experience a modicum of peace, happiness and fun on this earth. I have been saved from controlling, oppressive, miserable authorities dictating what I should say, wear, and eat, etc. I have been saved from sitting in endless boring meetings listening to blasphemy and gibberish. Thanks to the Lord for saving me now and leading me to the light so I could see the cult and its darkness for what it truly is, HELL. I believe the Lord loves me and for whatever reason I was trapped in the cult, I attribute that to my addiction of co-dependency. After decades of training, therapy and growing, I grew strong enough to take the blinders off my eyes to find and accept my truth. The Lord gave me my life but also my freedom to choose and be healed of my addiction. I choose to be happy and seek relationships with honest and healthy people.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 10:04PM

/silly

<sigh> ...at least you had a choice! I was doomed from the start to be happy! My youth was day after day of unrelenting, cheesy, over the top happiness! People smiling at me, encouraging me, offering a helping hand if I seemed to totter or stumble...

Sunny skies, balmy weather... what I wouldn't give to just for once, stub my toe, or have a pigeon poop on me, or have it rain on my parade...

And look at the sad result!! I have no character, no depth! People now just smile at me and then immediately, thoughtlessly, move on, looking for someone interesting with whom they can relate!

Every night I lay in bed, looking up to see the ceiling staring down at me, smirking. I'm in hell!!!

/silly

Date: November 18, 2017 10:10PM

Good summation unbelievable2.

:)

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 05:14AM

Unbelieveable2, this should be our official RFM Creed!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.