Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 12:59PM

I know you’re hurting pretty hard, Badass. I’m sending you love and hugs. I care about you! I’m going to be on the road abd probably won’t have time to post for a week. You’re a courageous man, Adam. I’m proud to be your friend! Boner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 01:20PM

BYUBONER,

Don't you live in badass's neck of the USA? I was thinking of all the wankers out there, YOU could help our badassadam by meeting in person? Short road trip? This could put a face with a name to give him something solid to cling to?

He needs support and some structure. Maybe a friend close by? non-mo of course.

Thanks for all you do and say here.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 01:23PM

Boner's in SLC. Adam's in SE Idaho, a few hours drive away.

They're in the same "region," yes. But not local vicinity.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 01:34PM

Its atleast a three hour drive and i don't want boner to do that i am about to get acupuncture right now so i think i will be alright. Its the cold weather that is the killer, anybody that has injuries knows exactly what i am talking about.

Date: November 15, 2017 01:38PM

Just don't give into your monsters.

You are in charge, not them.

I've suffered from S.A.D. during winter months. I used to dread winter. It isn't so bad anymore since I'm aware of what causes S.A.D., and know how to treat it.

Date: November 15, 2017 03:35PM

There are definitely monsters when things are hard to contain.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 04:27PM

It is genetic in my family; one of my grandmothers was always cold, just like me, when everyone else was comfortable.

The two of us would be griping about how cold the house seemed to be (and this was in sunny Southern California) and my mother would call out, "Quit complaining, the thermostat is set at 70 degrees."

I didn't believe her for a second, so I would check it myself. It would be set at 65, No wonder we were cold! So I would crank it back up to 70. I confronted Mother with her lie, and she would fly into a rage, and we would fight over the temperature.

Now I live in High Desert Country, where it snows, and my basic metabolism has never changed. I still am cold when everyone else is comfy. Of course, the happier flip side of this is that I am just fine in the summer, when everyone else is wilting from the heat!

Do you have that experience too?

I always feel like a chubby little bear, wrapped in multiple layers of clothes, to stay warm.

If I were a gazillionaire, I would have two homes: one in San Diego, CA; the other in Sydney, Australia. And I would swap them out every six months. So it would always be spring or summer, no matter where I lived!

Wouldn't that be great?

Date: November 15, 2017 04:35PM

I seem to do waaaay better in the summer. This never happened in arizona. I get shut down every winter but this year i am doing vitamin d and iron to counter it. My acupuncture guy said it is not so much the cold but the pressure changes that effect the body and cause more pain. I am really wishing i did my neck surgery in the summer like i wanted right about now but they kept trying different things for insurance purposes so it will be months from now probably.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 04:35PM

catnip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I were a gazillionaire, I would have two homes:
> one in San Diego, CA; the other in Sydney,
> Australia. And I would swap them out every six
> months. So it would always be spring or summer, no
> matter where I lived!
>
> Wouldn't that be great?

You do realize that this would mean Christmas in the middle of summer, right???

:D

Date: November 19, 2017 02:19AM

Christmastime. I can remember the neighborhood kids swarming out into the street to show off their new toys and to play. Lots of times, we wore tee shirts and shorts.

I'm OK with "warm!!"

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 01:25PM

I promise that there are always 100s of lurkers for every poster and I'm certain they all read and send good wishes.

Date: November 15, 2017 03:41PM

Are you being serious about the lurkers? Maybe i should tone things down a bit.

Date: November 15, 2017 01:38PM

I will be alright boner i am about to do acupuncture to calm my pain down and i will be able to think a little clearer.

Date: November 15, 2017 01:49PM

My acupuncturist is helping a guy with lung disease right now and the guy with lung disease is pretty much saying f#ck all the doctors that tell him there is no cure. Not those exact words but close. He ain't giving up and he has a breathing machine that he carries. My acupuncturist is giving him all sorts of things to try.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 02:00PM

Hoping your acupuncture treatment produces effective results. Time to get good, warm winter clothing in the Gem State! Remember, a cozy sweater is comforting in more ways than one.

Date: November 15, 2017 03:39PM

Nobody is on my sh#t list really. I just have pain issues that get magnified when it is cold. I just take it out on everybody and i don't even remember what i say to people. I just wish i did not have to wait so long until surgery. Sorry for whatever i said, i know i can be pretty brutal in the moment when triggered.

Date: November 15, 2017 03:51PM

But i do mean what i say to stillanon. That dude is a church leader maybe active. Nobody else would make fun of a PTSD victim. That is almost as low as it gets.

Date: November 15, 2017 04:57PM

Anyone who suffers from PTSD (and many of us here do) understands.

One minute, life is bearable. Then a trigger happens, and the feces hit the fan. I thought I had gotten pretty good at concealing when I was having attacks, or else just withdrawing to another room. But my family - even the cats - have become very astute at spotting them.

But hey, Adam - our friends, families, and furbabies care about us. We are all in this together.

There is tremendous power in the strength of COMMUNITY.

Date: November 15, 2017 05:22PM

PSTD is the craziest thing ever. One second i am talking to a doctor normally and then i drive by a church and then all hell breaks loose. And i feel like i am fighting jesus himself mentally.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 04:51PM

If you ever make it to Salt Lake City, Badass, it would be fun to meet up for lunch or something.

Date: November 15, 2017 05:02PM

Salt lake kind of confuses me. Its a confusing city. Maybe after my neck surgery i will see how i am doing and feeling and start to hang out more besides just playing cards once a week.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 05:32PM

Well, the city is on the grid system so it should be fairly easy to navigate. Of course, I depend on the mountains to know if I'm heading East. I have a terrible sense of direction!

Date: November 16, 2017 09:56AM

I have a very bad sense of direction especially when tall buildings are involved. North is left, huh? I thought west was left. It is but north is to your left also. Jesus f#cking christ get my GPS out.

Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 05:27AM

Or if your ever in Logan it would be fun to meet up :)

Date: November 20, 2017 09:21AM

Oh man i heard logan is the most boring town on the planet according to my cousin. But pocatello is definitely in second place but i just got eye surgery and there is no way i can drive yet. I thought this surgery would be more minor then it actually was. Like i said do not tell boner i spent a lot of money on credit cards on this haha.

Date: November 16, 2017 09:49AM

Look at progress as incremental. Don't overwhelm yourself by comparing yourself to others.

And then watch "What about Bob," with Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss for a crash course on Baby Steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHWh1EKpR38

Date: November 16, 2017 10:01AM

Hahaha watched the first couple of minutes and i can already relate, we are all afraid to go out that front hahaha.

Date: November 16, 2017 10:02AM

*front door

Date: November 16, 2017 10:17AM

Haha i don't remember it being this funny. I only saw it once as a kid.

Date: November 20, 2017 09:26AM

It is a really funny movie.

Everything old is new again!

:)

Posted by: ANONYMOUS THIS TIME ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 10:13AM

Everyone, do you realize that this guy is playing us all? I have never in my 62 years heard of someone with so many things wrong at same time, and so many things he is needing/wanting to do to treat these things that are wrong. He is a walking poster child for being a narcissist. Three hour + drive to SLC once a week to play cards with everything he says he has wrong? Come on, wake up and smell what he is shoveling.

Sorry, but I cry BS on all of his "troubles." I have the Vitamin D deficiency. I hurt like HELL all the time due to arthritis. I struggle to keep it all together every day of my life. BUT, I still get up every day and pull my pants on and go to work, school, etc. I do not get on here and whine. He just wants everyone to feel sorry for him and make everything about him.

Adam, you need to just grow up!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.