Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 09:29PM

Missionaries are now allowed on Facebook and that means they will be pulling a lot of people into this cult,some missionaries that used to teach me but got transfers sent me this so sorry you aren't meeting the missionaries anymore, you won't get heavenly father blessings if you don't get baptized, I did not reply at all, I guess this cult is desperate for more money

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 09:04AM

Facebook also has ex-mormons.

I doubt letting missionaries spout their nonsense on Facebook will result in "pulling a lot of people into this cult."
It's a move that reeks of desperation, not careful planning.

Date: November 15, 2017 04:30PM

The Mormon cult is desperate for more money

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 09:46AM

Along with Russian bots, distant relatives, and long lost loves--whoopee!

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 04:50PM

this past Sunday. I got the "5 Cool Things Mormons Believe" post again from a FB friend who happens to be in the cult. She had some other faith promoting posts. Was this a message this weekend? Maybe she was just bored during RS.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 05:51PM

A Mormon friend of mine recently posted her testimony on FB, which I've never seen her do. Normally she posts lots of churchy things, mainly memes. I wondered if something was afoot.

Posted by: thorn ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 05:41PM

Mormons on my facebook? Bring it on I dare you.

Date: November 16, 2017 05:08PM

Tell them how Joseph Smith made the book of Mormon up or how he had many wives, the church of Joseph Smith of latter day liars is desperate for more money

Date: November 16, 2017 05:11PM

The missionaries who got transferred said we have Facebook now. Wander why? Trying to get as many people into this cult as they can so they can marry returned missionaries, cults are all the same

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 08:20PM

Another dead end road.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 09:16PM

Does anyone actually join anymore?

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 10:14PM

The vast majority who join don't stick around for long. Even when they do stick, they often don't find tithing affordable. They may pay a partial, but then they find themselves blocked from the temple that the LDS church makes such a big deal about. That makes them feel bad, because they can't achieve the sense of belonging that everyone needs. Most tend to drop out. The Church is ramming their head against a brick wall.

Date: November 16, 2017 05:13PM

I hope not! I refused to get baptized and got but heavenly father wants you to. You will miss out on all the blessings, we as missionaries are called to preach the gospel and baptise

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 09:17PM

Were missionaries actually excluded or banned from posting

here?

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 10:28PM

I thot the mishies could go on FB in 2013, when they started the lowered mishie age? Is this something new? How so?

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 11:17PM

typical of MLMs to do this. potential victims will receive invites about free English classes, and SUPRISE !!! new recruits will learn English by practicing new phrases like "tender mercies" "priesthood power" "10%"

Posted by: kak75 aka kak57 ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 10:56PM

There's a LDS chapel about three or four blocks away from my home. Recently, a sign saying "Free English Lessons" was put up in front of the chapel next to the street and is still there. My first thought was that it was an attempt to draw people to tell them about the LDS Gospel.

On a different tack, some time ago, I saw a Mormon funeral being concluded with the casket being taken out of the LDS chapel for the procession to the cemetery as I drove by to go somewhere. First time I've seen a funeral at that chapel.

Date: November 16, 2017 10:23PM

Yep and they learn so many languages to lie to people? It is sick

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 11:08PM

I thought they had been allowed on Facebook since the ages were lowered, but that they had to have a family member back home post on their behalf. At least, that's how it was when my youngest step sister served, she had a page, but her mom did the posting for her after getting the P-day e-mail.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 01:56PM

Geemanee, for a church that has gawd's truth in its pocket it sure has to continually try method after method for the yooung, naive mishies to snag a new member. Facebook is now the answer folks!

Would make me laugh but the whole young mishie program is soooooo abusive for these teen mishies I cannot. They are put in harms way, told not to keep in touch with their parents and cannot listen to the current news just to name a few of the abuses.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.