Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Axl ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 08:20AM

Is it safe?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blink ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 08:27AM

Call the pharmacy or your doctor.

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 08:44AM

If you made it this far, read the online info.
Not sure why not?
Suggest, not on an empty stomach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 08:45AM by itzbeen20.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 10:25AM

I don't see why not.

Emergen-C is just vitamins and minerals. It won't do squat if you have a cold.

Coldeeze is a zinc gluconate based medicine. Ignore the "homeopathic" label if there is one: they put it there to fool the gullible into thinking that this is some sort of natural product. The active ingredient isn't diluted enough to be non-existent, so it's not the same as "homeopathic" medicines that you normally find. Zinc gluconate may or may not shorten the duration of your cold.

Dayquil is a common over-the-counter medication for cold and flu that contains a combination of medicines.

Taking them together shouldn't be a problem, but consult with your primary care physician if your are concerned.

Here are web sites that discuss these products.

Emergen-C: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergen-C
Coldeeze: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_gluconate
Dayquil: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DayQuil

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 11:10AM

When in doubt, I use the interactions checker on drugs.com.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 11:11AM by imaworkinonit.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 11:47AM

Also: the only difference between most OTC cold and flu meds are the colors and shapes. What's inside is all the same:

If is says "Nighttime", it contains an antihistamine, usually diphenhydramine (although there are some others).

If it says "Cough" it contains dextromethorphan

If it says "Sinus" it contains a vasoconstrictor- usually phenylephrine, but those keep changing as the methamphetamine makers keep moving the goal posts.

If it says "Fever" or "Headache" it contains either acetaminophen or ibuprofen, depending on the brand. Usually acetaminophen.

The manufacturers take these identical ingredients and mix them and package them in all sorts of attractive forms, then try to convince you that their pill with 500mg acetaminophen is better than everybody else's pills with 500mg of acetaminophen. It isn't. The one exception- and this is brand specific, because of patent rights and so on- is the various release rates of the preparations. Some advertise Fast, Fast, Fast Relief. Some advertise Long Acting. But even these have the same main ingredients, just combined with other ingredients to offer various rates of release.

If you take multiple brands with any of these ingredients, you are simply duplicating your efforts. In the case of acetaminophen preparations, duplication can be lethal.

As East Coast pointed out, some of the pills don't contain any of these things. And their main purpose is to make you feel empowered while relieving you of your unpleasant excess cash.

I hope this helps.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 11:59AM

I had a cold and I took coldeeze and a week later I was better.
It's a miracle drug, I tell you !

Posted by: Anon 3 ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 12:39PM

It depends on the prescription meds youre taking. I dont know. My pharmacist keeps track of everything for me and will restrict me on otc meds if they month ght interfere with like breathing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.