Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ANON 3 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 10:27PM

I found a doctor in Edmond Wa John t. Parker425-775-6651. Nothing in I'd.

They put little tabs like the ones where they check your heart, adjust your tongue and it adjusts your breating all night!!yay,yay,yay!

So look up the inspire system.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 10:56PM

There is a big long thread on it by badass.

Any news about being cpap free is great for many people. I wouldn't wear one no matter what. I've seen them and slept in a room with one when I was on a cruise with my sister-in-law.

I don't see why stillanon cares that you posted this. I think it is great that you gave others the news.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 11:45PM

I sat in on a presentation on sleep apnea at a health fair. The doctor doing the presentation seemed to dwell on the cause was the loss of muscle tone due to aging. The muscles in the neck and throat weakened allowed the airways to close.

In the q/a portion, I asked if there exercises that would tone those muscles, the doctor looked at me paused for several seconds, turned to someone else and took their question.

Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 12:41AM

yeah, tumwater, that's what I heard too. Doctors aren't God, each one can only know so much. BUT-----here's what I think:

singing would tone those muscles, I'll bet. Singing is fun, so why not try it?

From what I've been reading lately, including a book called "Younger Next Year," our bodies are designed to repair themselves for a long, long time. IF we take care of them: number one thing being to exercise them, move---and yes, sing!! Next is, eat well. What that means exactly is changing lately, but the news is basically the same: the "diseases of aging" are often self-inflicted, often through not-knowing and what we expect.

So yay for any sharing of helpful information among each other.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 10:18AM

I intend to lives forever, or die happy, whichever comes first, yes, exercise is crucial both.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 01:13AM

Thanks, Anon 3! These tips are wonderful for so many of us!

Posted by: Anon 3 ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 12:44PM

Thank you for your kind comments. Im sorry. I wasnt trying to advertize,i was only trying to give an option because I found one and was so excited! Theanesthesiologist caught me last surgery. Without the Cpap, the nurses and everyone has to watch you closely, so some will refuse to do surgery without cpap.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.