Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 04:47PM

...for generations with their Masturbation interviews???

I firmly believe that LDS-Inc is GUILTY of Institutionalized Psycho-Sexual assault on every little boy & girl that a Church appointed "authority figure" has held masturbation interviews with.

If you feel otherwise and have a spare moment or so please convince me that these "worthiness" interviews do not fall under the description of sexual assault of a minor perpetrated by an "authority figure".

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: evileric ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 05:05PM

My first mission president never asked me how the work was going or how I was doing but it was always: "Well Elder, do you have a problem with masturbation?" Being the super faithful follow all the mission rules TBM Elder that I was I had completely abstained from pleasuring myself for quite some time before my mission and never once on my entire mission. I wanted to "have the spirit with me" and convert and baptize lots of people. Yea right...I gave my mission everything I had - endless hours of tracting in Chicago, putting up with psychotic companions, following all the rules and never converted anyone. What my sisters went through during their bishop's worthiness interviews was even worse.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 06:01PM

It goes beyond the masturbation question.

Bishops seeking lurid details of heavy petting. Was it under or over her clothes? Did she have an orgasm? Did you? And so forth.

Then what about the abusive interviews of a rape victim?
Did you like it? What did you do to cause it?

The church even went deeper into hell itself when in a general conference they stated that victims of sexual abuse needed to confess it to their bishop so they could repent of their part in being abused.

In no way shape or form is it a church of christ by any definition.

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 08:12PM

I believe the responsibility lies with the parents of these minor children. The church is just doing what it has always done. The parents know what questions are asked in the "worthiness interviews" yet continue to allow their children to participate. Go after them, not the church.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 10:36PM

The church directs tye bishops to ask these questions.

I have noticed some parents either demand to be there or tell the bishop not to ask the sex questions.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 10:50PM

masturbation question been asked? I had an old VT who was 10 years older than I am tell me she was never asked these types of questions and I don't think my mother was either just by her reaction when I asked her about it.

I know it depends on the bishop, but were these questions asked through all the years of the LDS church being in existence?

I guess I can see where the parents would be responsible, but I think my mother wouldn't have known how to handle the situation and so I'll give her a pass. I figured out there was a problem with this situation before my kids ever had an interview (they never did while they were under 18. I know my daughter has had these interviews since she went back at age 21.

Posted by: Betty G ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 02:41AM

I'm just going off of what people say here. From what they've stated, I'd say it is absolutely harassment/abuse of a minor.

There is NOT WAY they should be allowed to ask such questions of a minor...

In my view as a never-mo.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 09:53AM

I don't like the way the cult extorts money from children, either.

I don't like the cult's use of child labor to clean the building on Saturdays.

I don't like the cult grooming children to blindly obey authority. This opens them up to pedophiles and other predators, as well as to more abuse from the cult itself (the bishop's interviews, missions, callings, temple work, underwear, etc.)

Child-abuse, in general.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.