Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 07:51AM

I read an article saying this was the 2nd anniversary of the LDS Church's antigay policy being made public. Not coincidentally, it's also the 2nd anniversary of me submitting my resignation letter after putting it off for many years.

I'd quit the church long before that, but thought resigning unnecessary. When I read they were going to hound gay couples living together and automatically ex those of us who do get married, I had to leave. I am not sitting there waiting for some bishop I've never met coming to my door to persecute me.

Speaking of which, I'm also marrying my partner of 7 years over Thanksgiving week, and my only TBM sibling will be there to watch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 08:43AM

Congratulations seem to be in order!

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 08:47AM

COngratulations!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 09:21AM

congrats.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 10:54AM

Congratulations Alexdc!! That’s wonderful news. May you and your spouse have a long, joyous, wonderfully full life together! I’m glad your sibling will be there to support and love you. Big hugs! The Boner

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 11:12AM

Yes! congratulations are in order. I am happy for you finding someone to love in this life. May you live a long and happy life together.

The church is gonna bite itself in the ass someday for persecuting gay people. How in the world can TSCC say god loves everybody but excludes gay folks? I don't understand. It is like talking with a forked tongue, out both sides of their mouth.

Axeldc, PLEASE don't let TSCC ruin anymore of your life. It is a fairy tale religion. Forgetaboutit. Look forward to brighter days ahead with your life. I am sorry for the TSCC they made you feel less than human. You are LOVED and a wonderful human being... and I don't even know you!

Best wishes for a happy life.

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 01:24PM

Congratulations!
Left for other reasons. Who cares why we leave?
A good relationship brings out the best in each. Do well and enjoy (:-)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 01:36PM

I wish you two a long and happy life together.
Without the cult. :)

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 01:58PM

Congratulations! There is power in truth. Enjoy living your truth.

A recent convert in an old ward of mine was hunted down when it was discovered she was living with her LDS boyfriend and not married. She was told to get married or get excommunicated. I thought that was pretty Draconian even then. I don't know if she ever got married but she never returned to church. Nothing like being in a church that condemns you right from the start. Guess it's kind of like the concept of original sin. God made you weak so you couldn't help but sin and then punishes you for it when you do it. Judo-Christian god is psycho.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 03:01PM

They tracked her down in an attempt to reactivate her and after her significant other answered the door, they exed her.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 02:57PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.