Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 01:16PM

Hurl there prissy stuffy little standards up onto all the rest of us?! So me and my family usually always go to this really yummy buffet on New Years eve and this year there havin it on a Sunday "oh NO!" How COULD they! And when my dad announced that my uber tbm sis in law pulled a face and said in a snotty voice "oh well we wont be goin to THAT this year then!" We will just have to go out to eat on Saturday then. Uuuuuggggghhh! Seriously! Do they not care or even BOTHER to ask what the rest of the family would like to do?! Its like they only care about them and there MORmONIC agenda and think the rest of us should have to attend to all there MORmONIC stuffy needs! Its SO annoying!

It sucks cause my parents would now not even care that's its on Sunday and would go anyways. My mom was like well we could just go without them but the problem is they already think we now goin out on Saturday instead and I just hate to make my dad take us all out twice ya know? I would feel bad. I would just tell them! "Well either come on Sunday or else stay home!" But its really up to my dad and he already told them wed go Saturday hes had a hard year and I don't want to put him in a difficult situation if ya know what I mean. We might still go anyways my mom said the problem is they always come over on Sunday after church so we would have to come up with an excuse to not have them over "they still think my parents are lds" haven't found that out yet. I'm leaving that up to my parents to decide when to tell them. Do NOT want to get in the middle of THAT one!

They know me and my bro aren't mormon though and they didn't even bother to ask if that was ok with us!
It just sucks cause me my parents and my cool exmo bro all want to go but of course they just HAVE to butt in and control everything! Its not even so much just missing the buffet that bothers me its just the way they always feel there needs are more important than others and not even bother to ask what everyone else would like to do. And do they REALLY think God would look over there life and say "oh you made it to heaven!" " oh wait a minute! Looks like you went out to eat for a couple hours one new years eve so nope sorry actually your goin to hell! I mean huuumph! The terrestrial telestrial kingdom! One of the t kingdoms anyway!...gosh its so stupid! Oh and get this so my mom told me that she read somewhere that Tommy boy and his family used to go out to eat at the beehive house or somewhere by it every SUNDAY hows that for hypocrisy?!!!!!!! Man!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 09, 2017 01:20PM

Oh I know we could just tell them we got the flu and are hurling our guts out got sick from being around there MORmONNESS the night before so they probably don't want to come over the next day on Sunday and get puked on and then we can go to the buffet without them! Haha!

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 01:22PM

Lots of TBM families are born with or catch the MORmONIC plague.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 02:22PM

Sounds like you can do something fun with other people on New Year's Eve. And enjoy the time with your family the day before.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 06:54AM

I agree with Ruby. Since your dad is the host, and gets to decide, enjoy family time on Saturday and make other plans for Sunday.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 02:55PM

Supplicant: "Hey, Heavenly Father, there's this yummy New Year's Eve buffet we always go to but this year it's on a Sunday and I don't think I should go. What do you think?"

A Nice God: "Don't worry, enjoy yourself--it's my favorite buffet too!"

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 03:10PM

There is hypocrisy abounds in the church. The general authorities don't pay tithing but say we will burn if we don't for example. I remember a guy in my ward got pissed that i bought taco bell on a sunday. Jesus f#cking healed on a sunday for christ's sakes. I was starving so i needed quick food, i ain't going to starve for your religion anymore sorry.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 05:13PM

A couple in my ward many years ago would not cut on the tv on sunday because it was making people work on sunday. She sewed bathing suits that looked like 1900's. They put down those who cut on sprinklers on sunday because it was a sophistocated way to break the Sunday holiness thing. God, I'm glad to be away from people like them. Dumbasses.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 05:18PM

The whole no doing anything on sunday could make someone insane i swear.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 06:32PM

Tell them that you are sorry you can't go on Saturday because you are observing the sabbath.

Posted by: sillyGoose2 ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 06:44AM

Why would they ask you your opinion. You are defective and lacking in standards. You need them to guide you in making correct decisions. If they lead by example you will eventually make it back into the fold. Or if not, then you will at least not spread your corruption to others.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 11:28AM

Sadly, going ahead with it would likely cause more trouble than it's worth.

Date: November 19, 2017 06:13AM

Ugh Cheryl you are right I'm afraid :( ugh I wish they didnt have to cause so much d*** drama all the time one time I brought groceries home on a Sunday and my sis in law saw and glared at me and told her kids "we do NOT shop on Sundays!" Ugh couldn't she just drop it? Chicken N backpacks your totally right! A NICE God would want us to go! Ugh! Yes being around the super nutty Mormons for too long really is irritating! Ugh and I mean what gives them the right to dictate to others what bloody standards they need to abide by?

I mean if they kept it to themselves it wouldn't bug me as much! And I mean why should the guy get pissed you bought taco bell on Sunday? I mean is it REALLY any of his bussiness? Speaking of Taco Bell I went there on Sunday a couple weeks ago and my dad was talking on the phone to my super uber nutty tbm grandma who sends ALL her many grandkids a page long quote about how amazing the church is EVERYDAY and only the drivethrough was opened that day so she heard me ordering I'm sure she kept saying to my dad "what's that I'm hearing?!" And he was like "oh um Idk mom we must be having a lot of interference or something ya not so sure she bought that LOL

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 08:24AM

>>ugh I wish they didnt have to cause so much d*** drama all the time one time I brought groceries home on a Sunday and my sis in law saw and glared at me and told her kids "we do NOT shop on Sundays!"

You might want to be ready for her the next time she starts her drama. You could laugh at her (this really helped me to get my power back when a neighbor started to shun me.) Or just give her your sunniest smile and respond, "Well, isn't that lovely? In *this* household, we *do* shop on Sundays!"

Date: November 19, 2017 12:17PM

Thanks Summer! I will have to try that!

Date: November 19, 2017 06:35AM

Oh I guess it was the Lion house Tommy boy ate at not the beehive house my bad!

Date: November 19, 2017 07:28AM

I knew it was the name of one of Brighams palaces I just couldn't remember for sure which one also I hate it when Mormons don't let you watch movies on Sundays either my dad once when he was still a cult member made me and my friend turn off a scary movie we were watching because it wasn't holy enough he kept coming in and out of the room like ten times as if to evaluate what we were watching and eventually made us turn it off. then we had to watch the princess and the goblin instead I'm like really? If it bugs you so much why don't you just not watch it? Is that really that hard? We rented that movie specifically to watch together that day so I was pissed!

Then my super tbm friend one time wouldn't even watch cloudy with a chance of meatballs on a Sunday and it was for a freakin CHURCH activity for crying out loud! She gave everyone a lecture about how we weren't suppossed to watch movies on a Sunday I'm like I love ya but REALLY? And thats like a freakin Disney movie too isn't it?

Date: November 19, 2017 07:42AM

Or perhaps she heard the movie title wrong and thought they wanted to watch "cloudy with a chance of meat & balls?" And thought they wanted to watch some parn!.....maybe? Ya maybe so cause idk what else would be so bad about that movie so its possible that's what she thought I guess lol

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 01:04PM

That reminds me of when my ex, his mom, and his TBM roommate and I were camping along the Rose Parade route when New Year's Eve was on a Sunday. The Pasadena City College Institute had a Disney cartoon marathon, and in order to park in their lot behind Colorado Blvd, someone had to buy a ticket. My TBM ex complained about that, but his roommate who was even more devout, bought the ticket and watched a couple of movies. In the end, my ex relaxed enough to enjoy the parade the next day.

Date: November 19, 2017 02:13PM

Oh man just buying a ticket?! That's crazy! I'm glad he at least had a good time watching the parade though! Man I wonder what these tbms would think if they knew Tommy boy used to go out to eat every Sunday? I almost wanna tell my bro and sis in law that they would probably not believe me though. Id have to tell them to look it up if they didn't believe me. Maybe then they would agree to goin out on new years eve Sunday? Idk? It would sure be interesting to see there reactions though!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.