Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 04:52PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 05:19PM

I don't think they want to face the truth they like being oblivious. I just read that scripture 132:61 and it is a pretty screwed up scripture by itself. I can't believe plural wives is still accepted in their scripture and they haven't removed it but "are so against it out in the open".

Date: November 04, 2017 06:33PM

what amazes me is that they're so cool with a religious leader abusing his power to cuckold his follower's by raping their teenage daughters and wives, yet they are so morally outraged by gay marriage they made a law that targets their children by denying them equal privileges they give to the children of murderers and rapists.
Somehow it's fine for the children murderers and rapists to be members of the church but not the children of homosexuals?
It makes perfect sense if you spent your life singing praises of a rapist who you'll defend to the death.
"Convince them of absurdities and they'll commit atrocities.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 05:17PM

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 06:14PM

Because it is a HIGHER law we do not practice at this time. It is for the celestial kingdom!!!

Date: November 04, 2017 10:34PM

The chat session has ended.

Hi No Name Provided,
Thank you for your interest in chatting with a member of the Church. What would you like to talk about?

Now chatting with: Albina and Heather

No Name Provided 7:10 PM
I am a gay. I am also Mormon. My child wants to be baptized when he turns 8. Will he be able to be baptized when he turns 8?

Heather 7:10 PM
Hi! Thank you so much for coming on to ask your question. In order to protect the child from being confused, if the parent is in a same-sex relationship then the child does need to wait until they are older before they are baptized. The Church does not want the child being taught one thing at church, and another thing at home. The church does not want to emotionally hurt the child since two different things are being taught in their life.

No Name Provided 7:13 PM
Who said anything about me being in a relationship? I am not presently in a relationship, but my My Ex is a convicted felon. He has a child who was allowed to be baptized. I didn't commit any crimes so heinous that my child should be denied blessings of membership in the church. Why is my Ex able to baptize his child and I am not allowed to baptize mine when I've never sinned the way he has.

Heather 7:13 PM
I was hypothetically speaking to a general circumstance.
No Name Provided 7:14 PM
So would my child be able to get baptized if I am gay?

No Name Provided 7:14 PM
I don't see what my relationship status has to do with my child's worthiness to be baptized or blessed.

Heather 7:15 PM
If the parent is teaching that marriage should be between and man and a woman then yes the child can be baptized. We do not want to confuse the child if the child see homosexual relations being portrayed in the home, but then goes to a church that that teaches that man and woman should be married. We do not want the child to be conflicted.

No Name Provided 7:18 PM
But you don't mind teaching the child that polygamous marriage is ok like God commands us to do still to this day in D&C 132:61?

Heather 7:18 PM
We actually don't practice polygamy.

No Name Provided 7:19 PM
I know we don't practice it, but it is still a part of MOmron doctrine. The Law of the Priesthood was never rescinded was it? We just quit practicing it so that the Feds wouldn't sieze all of our assets and allow UT to become a state, right? IT's not like the doctrine ever changed. It was just temporarily suspended,right?

Albina 7:20 PM
Here is a good quote from elder Christofferson that we like "Elder Christofferson said the Church policy is analogous to policy for children born to polygamist families.
Just as has been Church policy regarding polygamist families, children of parents in a same-sex relationship will need to assent to the doctrines and practices of the Church with regard to same-sex marriage before entering Church membership or missionary service, he said. They are “not disavowing their parents, but disavowing the practice,” he emphasized."

No Name Provided 7:21 PM
So why is it ok for the church to confuse our children by publishing a Law that commands them to practice plural marriage, but not ok with me sharing my opinion with them that there's nothing wrong with Gay Marriage?

Heather 7:21 PM
Doesn't that concern you that you child is going to be confused because you are teaching them one thing and the church is teaching them another thing? Are you really going to support your child in the church if you don't even believe what the prophets teach?

No Name Provided 7:22 PM
Yes. I don't accept a lot of things about Mormonism, like the Doctrine that plural marriage is a commandment of God, but I still call myself a Mormon, because of family ties and history.

Heather 7:22 PM
I guess our question is, why do you want you child to be baptized in a church that you think is false?

No Name Provided 7:24 PM
I didn't say I thought it was false, just badly misled in regards to giving people like me equal rights. To me its the same as their stand on blacks entering the temple, prior to 1978. They were dead wrong about that. It was racial discrimination. No other excuse. Same with gay marriage. The old guys at the top are just too stuck in their old fashioned ways to understand how bigoted it is to discriminate against the children of homosexuals. It's horrible.
But I still want my children to be Mormon. They're not all bigots are they?
I mean. I'm Mormon and I'm not a bigot. Niether are all of my gay Mormon friends.
I have a community there I can't find elsewhere.

Heather 7:28 PM
We agree. We don't think so either. This is just a tough subject. Elder Oaks got up in General Conference in October and said that same-sex marriage is not a policy change that is going to happen, because marriage between man and woman is an eternal doctrine. We completely understand why you feel hurt. I wish I better understood. All we are doing is trying to follow the prophets who we do believe that God has called.

No Name Provided 7:29 PM
Do you think the Prophets were right to discriminate against blacks by denying them entry to the temple prior to 1978?
Do you think the Prophets were right to marry their follower's wives and teenage children?

Heather 7:30 PM
We really can't say, because we did not live in that time, nor were we the prophets who were trying to figure these issues out.
We were not those who had to receive revelation if it was right at that time.

No Name Provided 7:30 PM
WHy did they deny blacks entry to the temple when you don't need the Priesthood to enter the temple?

Heather 7:30 PM
We do have to be going. We wish you the very best. Have a good night.

No Name Provided 7:31 PM
Women go all the time and none of have the priesthood, right?

The chat session has ended.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 01:51AM

Keep battling them. I really like your recorded dialogues.

I was thinking of some other angles that their silly doctrine trips them up.

#1 I'm a jovial guy that's looking for a new church. Will I be able to laugh and be mirthful in the church? Did I mention that I love to be very loud with my laughter?

#2 I'm a practicing mason. Will I learn anything new in your temple that wasn't stolen by JS?

#3 My wife will not join a church if she has to wear a dress. Do you have a mandatory dress code for women on Sundays?

Date: November 05, 2017 04:21PM

Oh man I have to ask them that last question.
How abour, "I see in reading the WoW that it condones partaking of wholesome herbs. Would the Mormon church accept me as a member if I enjoy smoking the occasional wholesome herb?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2017 04:25PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 06:28PM

Wholesome herb is LEGAL in 34 states now and recreational in 14 maybe?

If we are to obey the Law of the Land, then partaking of the herb in question is as right as rain!

D&C somewhere says:"...Herbs Gladden the heart". Yes, sir, it do!

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 11:43PM

Love the mason because Joe Smith was one

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 05:12PM

In a letter to President John Taylor in 1887, Charles W. Penrose expressed concern that "the endless subterfuges and prevarications which our present condition impose ... threaten to make our rising generation a race of deceivers."

(Solemn Covenant, p. 368)

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 05:33PM

http://blog.mrm.org/2009/07/changes-to-gospel-principles/

Mormons lie because they have to. The current voice of the Lord is the only voice ever spoken, meaning that you must lie and deny the teachings you taught your children for the sole purpose of protecting the church.

Once Lying for the Lord in a theological necessity, it readily creeps into everyday life.

Posted by: newtoutah ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 05:19PM

Charles W. Penrose expressed concern that "the endless subterfuges and prevarications which our present condition impose ... threaten to make our rising generation a race of deceivers."

Excellent observation ignored and now lying is institutionalized.
I can't imagine having strange grown men come to my parents' house and ask me, in private, about sex.
Of course you lie!

Then you have to make sure you are convincing so you recreationally lie for practice.
Finally you think your lying fools everyone all the time.

Posted by: No name ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 05:32PM

You are a troll Koribore. You have no moral ground to stand on. You are a bigger liar than the missionary

Date: November 05, 2017 05:38PM

Not only do they lie by ommission by gailing to be honest and forthcoming about Josrph's extramarital affairs, first with his followers pre-pubescent teenage girls, then eventually with their wives. He literally cuckolded hus followers and MORmONS not only refuse to answer whether it was right or wrong, they just threaten to call security on me for asking them about the how their leaders sexual behavior squared with the law.
Every law, from the law of the land to Gods law, to the Law of the Priesthood.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 05:56PM

Uhhhhhhhh could it be because MORmONISM was started as a LIE by a pathological LIAR and then run for years by that same pathological LIAR by telling LIES, and then a succession of pathological LIARS telling LIES who took the first LIARS leadership position as the successive head LIARS /PRofit leaders of the MORmON scam ......so that the MORmON church basically runs on LIES, so that LYING is a prevailing modality that has *somehow* rubbed off on MORmON members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6mtf1_-rx4

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 06:06PM

As someone previously mentioned, Mormons are addicted to their church. Addicts lie to get their fix. In fact, they will do anything to get their fix. It is a very strong addiction that is passed on by their parents.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 08:56PM

Absolutely! And the 'fix' only works with the church being true, so they have to be blind to facts, or lie about them, or the 'fix' doesn't deliver the high.

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 08:06PM

Lies are the daily tools of the m double bind. Lies are the only way to deal with the continual lifelong conflicts imposed upon you.

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 08:53PM

Could be ot?
Not sure where to say this, but the MORmONS, they are not.
They fooled you and many others for very many long years. Fooled them out of money, education, happiness and some cases— life.
Morons they are not, to dumb at all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.