Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: psychic ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 03:37AM

The fact that I have "seen" ghosts and shadow people and also Elementals, means it is not "hard" for me to believe in them. I realize most people have not seen ghosts, and have had "zero" paranormal experiences. The following video is I think some "good" caught-on-camera moments of the paranormal. By no means "all" YouTube has to offer. There are thousands upon thousands of ghosts "caught on tape" clips. I don't believe all are "fakes" or swamp-gas. Watch the video and judge for yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ej0m5ZTQpI

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 04:12AM

I was expecting a GC video.

:-) :-) :-0

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 04:28AM

As convincing as UFO and bigfoot footage. I would say that ghosts are as real as chupacabras.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2017 04:28AM by donbagley.

Posted by: psychic ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 06:34AM

Here are some more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asewiRgwVww

psychic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The
fact that I have "seen" ghosts and shadow
> people and also Elementals, means it is not "hard"
> for me to believe in them. I realize most people
> have not seen ghosts, and have had "zero"
> paranormal experiences. The following video is I
> think some "good" caught-on-camera moments of the
> paranormal. By no means "all" YouTube has to
> offer. There are thousands upon thousands of
> ghosts "caught on tape" clips. I don't believe all
> are "fakes" or swamp-gas. Watch the video and
> judge for yourselves.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ej0m5ZTQpI

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 09:07AM

Total B.S.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 09:36AM

What is your aim in posting these? Do you hope that we'll suddenly decide ghosts and goblins are real? Are you after validation? Converts?

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 09:40AM

I too have seen a shadow person, that I used to call a ghost, and have experienced many other things that I can't explain. But I know that our brains can produce some pretty weird things.

I don't automatically assume that it was a deceased human.

Posted by: bread and jammed ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 09:54AM

This is blatant "psychic" proselytizing.

If you would like support in recovery from moism, this is the place.

If you would like support in maintaining your beliefs in the paranormal, there are plenty of other places for that.

There are others who believe in spirits on this board, and spiritist and Amyjo jump to mind. They manage to relate to others here without demanding that those others agree with their beliefs. They also comprehend that others can and do respect their rights to believe as they choose.

Both Amyjo and spiritist can be quite steadfast in defending their well-deserved freedom to choose. I would like to suggest that you search and read some of their posts to learn appropriate ways to communicate your enthusiasm for the paranormal without proselytizing.

What I'm trying to say, psychic, if not banned, eventually, you will be ignored. We are here to help anyone recover from moism, but in what way does your post relate to that process?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 06:57PM

It’s still Halloween season until the candy’s gone.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 10:09AM

For reasons you will likely never understand, you are helping atheists and scientists make their case in general.

I really hope your persona here is one big parody. That would be funny at least.

It's even more funny that JS claimed to see god-ghosts and expected people to believe it. Here you are on this board using his same tactics.

Maybe you could go conjure up a ghost at the next national science convention for scrutiny. Until then, it's not worth trying to spoon feed you basic science text books.

Sagan's Demon Haunted World was written to help educate about this topic.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 10:12AM

I think your definition of authentic is different than mine.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 11:13AM

I am a 'believer' based on my experiences with people from the other side. However, they didn't 'appear' to me in the manner this 'video' shows.

I have no idea whether this was 'authentic' or not, but it was interesting.

I don't know if this would be considered 'preaching' or not but it sounded like on other threads people asked 'you' to 'provide evidence'.

Maybe it would have been better to present this in that thread or look up and reference those posters that 'asked for evidence' in OP (such as Kolob) so it will be that you are posting this 'because you were asked to'.

I do have one question. In a previous thread you did 'claim' to have seen 'demons' but did not mention that here. What do 'demons' look like? How do you 'know' they were demons? This comes up sometimes on 'spiritual boards' and 'none' of the 'claimers' ever answer these type of questions!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2017 11:26AM by spiritist.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 11:29AM

Why do both spiritist and psychic like to put quote marks around random words?

Is this something the ghosts have taught you to do?

Date: November 04, 2017 11:59AM

Humberto Wrote:
> Why do both spiritist and psychic like to put
> quote marks around random words?
>
> Is this something the ghosts have taught you to
> do?
=========================================================

I do it for emphasis. I have found people 'totally misunderstanding' what I said ----- on this board!

I didn't realize psychic also does it. Maybe you are on to something!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 12:12PM

spiritist Wrote:
>
> I do it for emphasis. I have found people
> 'totally misunderstanding' what I said ----- on
> this board!
>
> I didn't realize psychic also does it. Maybe you
> are on to something!

Quotes around words are to advise the reader that the word is not being used in its commonly understood meaning. This site's software does not allow for italics or underlining. Some people use *astriks* to indicate different meaning, but that's confusing in other ways. I will, on rare occasion, use all caps for a word or short phrase; the problem with that is it can be interpreted as shouting, and thus offensive.

There really is no sure-fire way to really emphasize a word, except to use a stronger word or modify it with a powerful adjective or adverb.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 08:06PM

Sorry, but when I see a ubiquitous use of quote marks, my mind automatically reads the piece in the voice of Bennett Bauer, a.k.a. Chris Farley, and I subsequently find it impossible to take it seriously.

Posted by: frolic ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 11:43AM

allowed myself to watch the first "ghost"

sorry, bigfoot is more real.

loch ness monster is more real.

tooth fairy is more real.

my million dollar bank account is more real.

Date: November 04, 2017 12:02PM

I have a friend who puts quotes around so many words that I have to search and replace them all before I read it, because they're too distracting. It makes it difficult to read.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 01:26PM

I watched the video that is linked to the OP.

It didn't validate a ghostly experience to me. If it did to the beholder/s, they did a poor job of capturing that on camera.

Spirits don't exactly sit around posing for their pictures to be taken.

The videographer's own encounter he saved for last at Balmoural Castle was in the same basic format as the other four that came before it.

They were all remarkably similar to prove what they claimed to try to prove. When in actuality they well may have been photoshopped footage of something else causing the 'manifestations' on the screen.

This, coming from someone who has seen apparitions. I didn't have the opportunity or luxury of photographing them however. And if I did I doubt they'd hang around long enough to smile for the camera.

Fortunately for me the older I've become the fewer and farther between my sightings of such events, as I have not sought them out the times they occurred.

Nor do I consider myself a psychic or a medium. Just someone who has a well developed sixth sense. Not enough of one to make a living doing it, or to be an intermediary between the dead and the living. My experiences have been mostly personal, as related to family and inter-personal relations.

I did find the video to be entertaining however. It does pique the curiosity, I must admit.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 02:31PM

I admit, I was skeptical Psychic, until I clicked on your first link. When I saw you included an excerpt from Ghost Hunters, well, that's all she wrote.

The only thing that would have made it more believable would have been an old episode of Most Haunted with Yvonne cowering behind Karl.

I think you should find something from MH for all the die hard naysayers on this board.

On another note, are you the narrator in the 2nd video?

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 02:36PM

Peddle Casper the friendly ghost some where else...

I don't know about anyone else here, but personally I've

had enough bullshit from The church. And speaking of the

church, this board is strictly for recovering from mormonism,

not meet the ghosts... Do you think you can finally take a

hint and stop with the ghost shit ? Its becoming a pain in

the ass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2017 02:39PM by saucie.

Posted by: Ely ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 02:53PM

Don't let thought police dictate what you have a right to believe or not believe in post-Mormonism.

It means different things to different people including here on RfM.

Some here behave like serial blow hards who like to put others down if you don't think, speak, and act like they insist you should. They are busy bodies.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Believing in ghosts is not a Mormon phenomenon. It's a human one. At least 45% of Americans believe in ghosts. It isn't unique to any one religion, place, or person.

Date: November 04, 2017 04:04PM

This is not a ghost believers forum.

People are not busybodies simply because

they do not agree with you or psychic.

People on this board are here to recover from

mormonism, not to discuss their belief in

ghosts. We gave up believing in things that

are not there. Evidently you haven't.

Posted by: Ely ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 04:48PM

To each their own.

You don't have the right to tell anyone else what they can or cannot believe.

I believe you don't believe in ghosts.

Fortunately for the rest of us, you aren't the only one here.

We aren't cookie cutter exMormons here. Get over it.

Psychic's entitled to his beliefs, same as you. His aren't Mormon either. You don't get to pick and choose what he gets to write about. If you don't like a topic, don't read it.

On the other hand he isn't busy being a busy body. Kudos to psychic.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 06:59PM

I don't give a flying phooey what Psychic and Spiritist believe.

They are the ones pushing their stuff at RFM.

No one is trying to change how they believe.

Are they offering the same courtesy?

I asked Psychic, above, to explain his motivations.

Saucie is pushing back against preaching.

If we want Amway, ghosts, Do Terra, or religion, we know where to find it.

Date: November 04, 2017 07:30PM

I think I love you Dorothy !!!!

Thanks

If they want to play ghost busters they can play alone.

Date: November 04, 2017 08:57PM

Dorothy Wrote:
> I don't give a flying phooey what Psychic and
> Spiritist believe.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I personally, do not give'...' about what you believe either. Does that mean you will not post your opinions of what you believe or 'don't believe' anymore because I believe it is an embarrassment to exmos??? If everyone/anyone did not post their 'opinions of belief or non belief' where would that leave these 'discussion' boards. That logic would make your statement 'idiotic'!

>
> They are the ones pushing their stuff at RFM.
_+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That is BS and an 'idiotic post' ----- please support that! I am not 'pushing anything'! I am just sharing my 'opinions of belief or non belief' ---- similar to you but with a lot more 'scholarship' as I have actual 'experiences and study' to support my beliefs and non beliefs.

I have held back because you will just complain and have 'my opinion' deleted because you don't like it!

Posted by: Chuck B. ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 03:51PM

Aaaaand here's an equally compelling ghost video. If this doesn't convince you then nothing will. Tremble o ye unbelievers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tIhwITwhSg

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 04:38PM

I just treat it as one of the OT post. It's nice to have non church related topics too, where ex members can talk about hobbies also.To me it just shows that we don't let the church dictate what we believe anymore. Like someone said, it is a interest for a lot of people and Psychic was just bringing it up for the ex members who are into it, like the other OT subjects that are also interesting.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 05:08PM

My take on the concept of ghosts:

Ghosts have been recognizably and continuously part of human spirituality and human religions for at least 6,000 years that we can prove---beginning, in writing at least, with Hinduism...and continuing forward in many or most of the indigenous religions to this day (including Native American religions like that of the Paiutes and the Navajos...in the beliefs of countries such as Mexico, countries in Central America and in South America) and, in something I have some familiarity with, in the indigenous religions of southern Africa. I owe my ability to type this right now to a sangoma who absolutely does believe in ghosts. (This man saved me from being murdered in a situation where I was helpless to save myself, and I will thank him for this for the rest of my life.)

Just about anywhere on the planet where there are human beings, there are simultaneous, indigenous, ancient-to-possibly-contemporary, "right now," beliefs in ghosts.

Even the Vatican has what amounts to a "Chief Ghost Remover" as part of the Church hierarchy!

Belief in ghosts is one of the widespread characteristics of human religion and spirituality going back (so far as we can determine) to the times when our species spent time living in caves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2017 05:10PM by Tevai.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 05:50PM

Tommy Monson can wiggle his ears.

Psychic, and others, can see 'ghosts'.

Which talent is the more valuable?

Date: November 04, 2017 05:55PM

Have to go with the ears. I see that one.

Date: November 04, 2017 07:44PM

donbagley Wrote:
> Have to go with the ears. I see that one.

That was my answser too don...

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 06:04PM

This is really bordering on preaching. I am not sure of your purpose in these posts. Most of us have had enough of this in our lives. The net is full of these things you propose if we want to go searching. Let's concentrate more on cult recovery.

Date: November 04, 2017 08:43PM

Eric K Wrote:
> This is really bordering on preaching. I am not
> sure of your purpose in these posts.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would agree however, I 'actually' read a lot of the 'paranormal' posts and what people say.

Actually, this is what 'many' of the 'non believers' appear to be asking for!!

Kolob specifically continues to rant about a 'lack of any evidence' supporting paranormal events. Other 'non believers' chime in asking where are the pics, recording, etc..

It is 'obvious' to me this is what they must be asking for 'evidence' and this is 'authentic' per the post.

As you stated the 'net' is full of this type of 'evidence' and if that is what the rfm non believer want psychic or myself 'can' continue to provide evidence.

Whether it 'persuades' anyone would be questionable but a lot of evidence is not highly persuasive it doesn't have to be to qualify as evidence.

Maybe, rfmers should be 'careful' what they 'ask' for!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2017 08:44PM by spiritist.

Date: November 04, 2017 10:06PM

So what you are 'saying' is that 'many' of the 'non-believers' demand 'evidence'and what you have presented is 'authentic.'

Date: November 04, 2017 10:25PM

donbagley Wrote:
> So what you are 'saying' is that 'many' of the
> 'non-believers' demand 'evidence'and what you have
> presented is 'authentic.'
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You are partially correct!

Many of the 'rfm non believers' continue to say there is 'no evidence of paranormal' (ie Kolob), others seem to chime in and ask where is the pic, video, tape, etc. etc. Is that not 'demanding or asking for evidence'? Some of us continue to tell them the library and net are 'full of evidence of the paranormal'.

Psychic, not 'me' provided some net 'evidence of ghosts'. His post 'claims' it is authentic.

I have provided an 'opinion (that I am a believer in spirits/ghosts)' based on 'my personal experiences'. I have not provided 'any' evidence other than a testimony of my 'eyewitness evidence'.

Certainly, you could have figured that out by 'carefully' reading the posts on that thread. I am not 'psychic' I am spiritist.

Date: November 05, 2017 08:43PM

spiritist Wrote:
> Psychic, not 'me' provided some net 'evidence of
> ghosts'. His post 'claims' it is authentic.

I honestly thought you were the same person, because you both type using a lot of quotes around your words.

Date: November 05, 2017 10:13PM

Thanks for that comment!

Another poster also pointed out we have a similar quoting style.

I want to make it clear, I am not 'psychic' also and trying to fool anybody here on rfm. Hopefully, the monitors can identify that situation if it appears.

I share some basic beliefs (God, spirits, after life, etc.).

However, he talks about 'demons' and 'elementals' and I have not experienced these things.

I am normally 'open' to others experiences but the 'demons' (if it has anything to do with the devil or evil spirits possessing someone) is something I 'do not' believe in based on my experiences and the 'communities' that I study and place some credence in.

Elementals almost meet this same status for me, he is the first I have heard that has even mentioned them in 'experiences'.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 08:49PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 09:09AM

spiritist Wrote:
> Many of the 'rfm non believers' continue to say
> there is 'no evidence of paranormal' (ie Kolob)...

Because there isn't.
See, I'm honest.

> Some of us continue to tell
> them the library and net are 'full of evidence of
> the paranormal'.

Yes, you continue to say that, even though it's completely false.

> I have not provided 'any' evidence
> other than a testimony of my 'eyewitness
> evidence'.

Which isn't evidence at all.

See my post in the other thread.

Date: November 06, 2017 10:17AM

So, I just want to be clear ---- 'you' keep 'asking' for 'evidence' of paranormal events even though you 'won't accept the available evidence'!

This will just give 'psychic' more ammunition to provide the posts he has, that have 'upset' some and has Eric questioning 'why'.

'YOU' are the reason I see why these type of ops could continue 'every day' ----- you keep asking for 'evidence' and the net and libraries has an ample continuing supply of this type of 'evidence'!

Maybe after a few 'thousand more years' your 'scientific gods' will be able to figure out how the pyramids were really constructed and explain the videos of 'ghosts'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2017 10:50AM by spiritist.

Date: November 06, 2017 11:05AM

spiritist Wrote:
> So, I just want to be clear ---- 'you' keep
> 'asking' for 'evidence' of paranormal events even
> though you 'won't accept the available evidence'!

False.
I have regularly pointed out that what you (and psychic and others) claim is "evidence" isn't. And explained why.
I haven't asked for any evidence, just pointed out that you have none. And backed it up with statements from the National Institute of Sciences and other sources.

You regularly respond with personal insults and rants.

> This will just give 'psychic' more ammunition to
> provide the posts he has, that have 'upset' some
> and has Eric questioning 'why'.

Ammunition to post ridiculous YouTube videos, claiming they're "evidence?"
They're not upsetting -- they're demonstrations of the ignorance, gullibility, and lack of critical thinking by those who post them.

> 'YOU' are the reason I see why these type of ops
> could continue 'every day' ----- you keep asking
> for 'evidence' and the net and libraries has an
> ample continuing supply of this type of
> 'evidence'!

You need to learn to read better. I haven't asked for any such evidence, as stated above. I've just pointed out that you have none.

I *have* offered on numerous occasions to test your claims in controlled, objective tests. You've continually refused, and every time I offer, you reply with more personal insults.

> Maybe after a few 'thousand more years' your
> 'scientific gods' will be able to figure out how
> the pyramids were really constructed and explain
> the videos of 'ghosts'.

Both are already explained adequately. And there are no 'gods' in science. But of course you already know that, are are just being dishonest (again), in another poor attempt at an ad-hominem jab...fallacy upon fallacy, ignorance heaped on top.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 08:48PM

Date: November 04, 2017 10:40PM

Too funny lololol.

Posted by: Jesus ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 08:41PM

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 08:47PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2017 08:53PM by steve benson.

Date: November 06, 2017 02:00PM

How about some things that *are* documented, such as "Ten Real Life Ghost Ships No One Can Explain" This is more interesting to me because they're truly a mystery as to what happened to both ship/s and crew/s.

"Ghost ships aren’t always as scary as they first sound; they usually refer to real, physical ships out at sea without any crew. Sometimes they’re boats in transit that broke free of their restraints, and sometimes they sustain so much damage that the crew lost confidence and abandoned ship, appearing on-shore alive and well later on.There are some, however, which are found empty and their crew totally unaccounted for. Here are 10 ships with strange disappearances, still-missing crew, and unexplained circumstances."

http://listverse.com/2016/09/09/10-real-life-ghost-ships-no-one-can-explain/

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 02:11PM

I'll believe in ghosts only if I see a ghost. I am done spending any time believing the words of others. There is too much room for deceit.

Date: November 06, 2017 02:27PM

If you see "something," how can you tell it's a "ghost" and not an optical illusion, an hallucination, misperception on your part, imagination, or any number of thousands of other things?

I suspect you already know that's problematic, though :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.