Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: November 03, 2017 09:12PM

plus more bad news.

My TBM dad and I took the dogs(our Jack Russel Terrier "Princess" and my Chihuahua "Poncho" to Ely, Nevada twice this summer for fun.. He seems to be having health problems with working so many hours at his couple. Besides I think the he thinks that morg is full of cliches. He's kinda inactive .

He however has recent gone from working 40 hours to 25. A good thing too as our family dog Princess missed him a lot when he worked 40 hours. It gave him some extra time with her.

My younger brother and his family are moving out on November 17th this month. He's been living here rent free(the only thing that had to take of off was the property(weeding, lawn mowing etc). My little brother has a big argument with the Home Teachers and High Priest which I think now everyone in the ward now ignores us. Heck we didn't even get invited to the Halloween party this year. I think we're being shunned as long as he lives here,

Now on to the saddest news of this post, our family's beloved Jack Russell terrier "Princess" was put to sleep this afternoon. She was 15 about to be 16 on January 3rd. My father and I said good bye to her at the vet's. She'd been having heart murmurs, cancer near her liver and seizure(of which I saw a couple).My Dad and very heart broken . We'd had her since was a puppy in 2002 or 2001. Poncho is also taking it hard. We used to take care of her when my dad went to off to work.

Hopefully my dad and I can find him a new dog but it'll never fill the hole and grief and love we had to for Princess.

I'm taking pills and so is my dad to help with our grief. My brother's family and kids seem to be immune to it. Ether that or they didn't get to know her like my dad, mom and i did. To them nothing is wrong with Grandpa and their uncle. My body's systems are all out of wrack because of this. Somehow I knew two days ago I was going to say goodbye.

I told my dad to see "The Rainbow Bridge" but didn't tell him was it was about. The only clue I gave him is that one cannot read it without crying. He's going to make Princess a plaque for pet cemetery out back.

Sorry to have posted such bad news, I've been here lurking off and on the past few months. There's still too much craziness in my life that I often forget to post here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 03, 2017 09:24PM

Welcome back, Bro!! You’ve been missed, several posters wondered how you were doing.

Sorry to hear about the animals, it’s so hard to let them go. I think the idea of a memorial with the plaque is a good idea.

Big hugs!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 03, 2017 09:34PM

HOWDY Anon2.
So good to "see" you. :)

I am sorry to hear about Princess. May her memory and spirit be a blessing to you and your father, even as you cry tears of grief. I just had to put down a beloved cat on Weds., so I am at where you are. Sad and missing them.

Make sure you give Poncho extra attention while he grieves, too. Yes, animals grieve as well. I am making sure my other cats are getting extra pet pets and snuggles and loving.

gentle hugs to you, your father, and Poncho

Date: November 03, 2017 10:18PM

Well I've found some YouTube videos that help out a little...

Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM

Growing Pains Season 2 & 3 80's US TV Show Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpwNN5k79U

Greatest American Hero Theme Intro Believe it or Not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb4C7vSByMM

Any other suggestions from YouTube!??

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 03, 2017 10:26PM

Sorry for your loss.

My pet pooch is 13 this year. That makes him something like 79 in human years.

They do become like family, don't they?

Welcome back!

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 03, 2017 10:43PM

may your Princess rest in peace. She is your baby, so that's so hard, but she must of been in pain.

The funny part was about the argument with the home teachers. Now that had to be entertaining. If your dad doesn't want to attend so much church anymore, THAT'S A GOOD THING !!!

Maybe you can adopt another baby/dog soon. That would be such a positive thing to do. Good Luck to you.

Date: November 03, 2017 10:56PM

We're thinking of getting him another dog soon. It takes time.Both of us and Poncho are still grieving.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: November 03, 2017 11:14PM

I love Jack Russel terriers. I loved Eddie on Frazier and was sad when I heard that he died. Animals that live together develop a strong bond . The remaining pet can get very depress.They sense everything . We've had dogs and cats, contrary to popular belief, cats and dogs do get along also, and develop a bond, especially if raised together. I've been raised with German shepherds and Belgian Malinois , great dogs. Jack russel terriers are one of the smaller breeds that I've always liked, along with West highland terriers.

Date: November 04, 2017 01:31PM

Poncho's been quieter than usual. Is he grieving!?? What's the signs? He was her close friend and helper the last 4 years. He knows that something's up with me. I even gave him her old bed and he hasn't used it yet.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 10:53AM

Anonymous 2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Poncho's been quieter than usual. Is he
> grieving!?? What's the signs? He was her close
> friend and helper the last 4 years. He knows that
> something's up with me. I even gave him her old
> bed and he hasn't used it yet.

He could be, yes.
Signs to be aware of. How is he behaving. Is uncommonly quiet? How is his appetite?

Some things you can do to help him thru his sadness is to make sure you spend extra time with him. Petting him, playing with him if he will engage. Going for walks. Give him treats (but don't over do that, you don't want it to replace his normal food)

He could also, and most likely is, picking up on your grief. He is sad because you are sad.

Again, extra doses of tender loving care will help.

And WALKS! Exercise actually releases endorphins that will help with sadness. Nice walks.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 01:29AM

I'm sorry that Princess died. That must be difficult. Always good to hear from you, though.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 04, 2017 03:19PM

Sorry about Princess, and I do think Poncho is grieving with you as well, since he lost his companion.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 05:22AM

I'm so glad you came back, anon2. I missed you. I'm so sorry about your loss. It's incredibly hard to lose a beloved pet.

Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: November 05, 2017 07:14PM

Good to see you back, I too have missed your posts. So sorry about your little Princess, dogs can be such wonderfully loyal and loving family members and it is heartbreaking to lose them. Dogs do indeed grieve for their people and friends too.
Seven years ago my beautiful 15 year old Staffy died and her eight year old friend, another Staffy, missed her badly for several weeks and became very clingy wanting to sleep under the blankets and would not let me out of his sight. Now he too is very old and I don't think he will still be with us for much longer. Big hugs to you.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 12:33PM

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. However I really am well-indoctrinated to not put too much emphasis on showing empathy unless its for the sake of getting you and all your relatives/friends more deeply assimilated into the glorious gospel that is presided over by Thomas S. Monson (well now the rest of the FP/12 since the Lord's official spokesman is no longer a public figure). So I must ask myself how we can turn sorrow, fear of death, and other emotions towards getting you into being assimilated towards putting all your heart, might, mind, strength, moneys, credit & debt load, and future income towards being under the control of Monson's local middlemen for the benefit of this wondrous church conglomerate.

The anti-Mormons surely must think that this wondrous way of thinking is callous and insensitive. But since its a product of the glorious Correlation program that has evolved out of this peculiar Restoration movement then it is what it is & it would be unthinkable for anyone who doubts their Doubts to ever consider thinking in any non-Correlation-geared way of empathy thinking. You can always shut me down on this board but the only way possible for the world to not have people thinking like this would be if the world stopped having TBM's. But thanks to the big families and missionary program then throughout generations the numbers just keep growing. A big part of why I post here is because I want to remind everyone just how much empathy/sensitivity that TBM's really have as it certainly helps people better decide whether to join this movement (or get re-assimilated) when they are well-informed.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 01:02AM

Nice to see you again. We've wondered if you are okay. Know that you have been missed.

I still grieve about my cat that died 16 years ago and another that died almost 10 years ago, but I adopted from the animal shelter and it helps fill the gap. Princess will always be in your heart.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.