Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 03:21AM

The old woman in the temple touched my naked body repeatedly pretending to wash and anoint me.

The old man behind the curtain in the temple gave me his five points of fellowship with gusto while the old woman who was supposed to be helping me pushed me onto him some more.

My (now ex) husband telling me I had to give him more sex so that he wouldn't be tempted to masturbate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2017 03:22AM by Becca.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 09:28AM

You go, girl.

I too was fondly fondled in the temple during the "washing and annointing." And when I looked down in shock at the old fart happily rubbing holy oil on my holy member, he just smiled as if that's exactly what he was supposed to be doing in Elohim's and Joseph Smith's name.

While that action did help kindle my anger against the cult, and eventually help me out, I've always thought:

I shoulda punched the asshat right then and there.

Date: October 31, 2017 12:06PM

I know right!?? The smiling and nodding... as if there's nothing awkward or weird about the situation...

As if it's completely normal to tightly hug a old man you've never even met. As if that thin net curtain between ya is going to make a difference??

I still strugle with boundaries .. and I've been out 20 years..

Gawdd....

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 12:20PM

Wait-What? I'm a nevermo. I thought I knew about naked temple stuff and anointing. They actually rubbed oil on your penis?

Date: October 31, 2017 03:18PM

StillAnon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait-What? I'm a nevermo. I thought I knew about
> naked temple stuff and anointing. They actually
> rubbed oil on your penis?

Yep.
Apparently, they're *supposed* to just dab a bit of holy oil somewhere in the vicinity, on your lower abdomen.

My holy temple worker clearly considered that insufficient.

He did the abdomen dab. Then, while saying something about being fruitful and multiplying, made one pass over the top, across the head, and down the bottom to the jewels with two oily fingers.

For a long time I thought this was what everyone got. When I finally found out it wasn't, I thought I must have been the only one who got fondled by a pervert. Then I've heard the same thing from many others (oddly, more men than women). My completely unscientific survey estimates that around 10% of male patrons get fondled.

I got over it. It still sucked.

Date: October 31, 2017 04:34PM

Man, I'm sorry. Did you have a feeling that it was a weird cult ritual or that it was something everyone else went through?

Date: October 31, 2017 07:04PM

StillAnon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man, I'm sorry. Did you have a feeling that it was
> a weird cult ritual or that it was something
> everyone else went through?

Both.
And because of that, I didn't tell anybody for over a year. After all, what happens in the temple is sacred, remember? You're not supposed to talk about it outside the temple.

I finally asked one of my mission companions (who was at least halfway to being an apostate already) if he thought it was weird when they fondled him in the temple.
"They don't do that," he said.
"They did it to me," I said.
"Oh, man, some old guy rubbed your pecker in the temple? That's disgusting!" he replied. "They're just supposed to dab oil on your belly!"

So then I thought I had just been the very rare recipient of a pervert temple worker's wandering hands for many years.

Until other people started telling me it had happened to them, too.

I got over it pretty quick. It was brief (think: sliiiiiiiide down, sliiiiiiiide up, it's over). It was part of a whole shitload of weirdness that day (frankly, the death gestures disturbed me a lot more than that). And it's not like the old fart held me down, coerced an erection, and oral'd me to climax or anything.

It was, however, astonishing, disgusting, and another part of mormonism I wanted to get as far away from as possible.

Date: October 31, 2017 11:09PM

Thanks for your honesty. That shit needs to be exposed as the molesters that they are. Sorry that happened.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 12:30PM

Jesus f#cking christ i am so grateful i never did those things in the house of horrors. I wonder if anybody will go to the temple on this fine halloween day. Maybe they can put the veil on them and pretend to be a ghost with the holes cut out.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 01:28PM

These are things you had to deal with as a former Mormon and with your ex husband?

Jesus what's the deal with Mormons? They don't get a pass on masturbation after marriage? I guess I've heard contradicting stories.

Although in the context you described it sounded like your husband was attempting to manipulate you and pressure you for sex.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2017 01:28PM by midwestanon.

Date: October 31, 2017 02:14PM

He was told in priesthood class that masturbation is never approved of by the lord..

So to keep him from sinning, I had to 'give' more. If ever he approached me and I said no, he'd use the sinning argument to manipulate me..

I got really good at avoiding him at some point. At night, close to bedtime, I'd choose my moment to go upstairs and change into pj's. Like when he was in the toilet.. or taking a phone call, or checking if all the doors were locked...

I'd make a run for it and be in bed, in pj's by the time he'd make it upstairs. Because if he 'caught' me undressing or heaven forbid; naked... he'd be all over me and there would be no escape possible.

Was our marriage a nightmare?.. most definately. ..
but I was a good mormon girl...I heeded unto my husband as he heeded unto God..

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 10:18PM

I hope you, and everybody reading your posts, know that YOU were not the one with the problem. My temple husband drove me to a motel, instead of to the Wedding Luncheon my aunt had planned for us. I hadn't eaten anything, and had been sick to my stomach during the temple ceremony, and in need of rest, after being up at 5:00 am, to get to the temple on time to be shuffled through. My new husband wanted sex immediately. I told him I wanted to be a virgin bride in my white wedding dress, for my reception, as I had always dreamed of. He told me that I was his "possession", now, and under priesthood law, he was entitled to do anything he wanted to me. I tried to explain that I wanted our first time to be special, but he just got madder and madder, until he raped me. I didn't know it was possible for a husband to rape his wife (her being his possession, and all), and he injured me, so I could hardly walk into my reception, and I had a bad infection on our honeymoon--and he didn't care. Needless to say, that creep repulsed me in every way. The infection didn't stop him. I would get a cold and pretend to be sicker than I was, I would work late, I tried everything, but nothing would stop him. If I didn't obey (that included cooking his dinner to his directions, his laundry, the cleaning, etc., plus earning money to put him through school) he would beat me. Sometimes, he would walk in the door and start beating me, for no reason.

My point is, that I loved sex with my second husband! We had a great sex life, and it was fun, sometimes passionate, sometimes comforting, sometimes hilarious, always interesting. I looked forward to it, instead of running away. Same woman--two different men--a world apart.

I compared notes with girl friends, and we all had our nipples touched, by the old matrons, and it was very creepy. We were glad our organs were internal, but we had our fuzzy parts touched. We did wonder about the poor guys, though.

Obsession with underwear, naked touching, dressing and undressing, see-through "shields", death oaths--I never believed in any of the temple stuff.

"The veil is very thin." One man who "took me through the veil" had the worst breath, that would have penetrated a brick wall. I almost threw up, it was so vile, and he was whispering heavily in my face. When he pulled me through the veil, surprise! It was my new uncle-in-law--a celebrity GA! What an honor! Puke.

Date: November 01, 2017 12:52AM

I know now that it had nothing to do with me yes. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry you went through all that.

I did also learn to enjoy sex after my marriage ended. And I've never been treated like that again. I certainly wouldn't stay in a relationship like that again.

Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: November 01, 2017 12:56AM

Neither my best friend nor I were virgins when we got married. Sex with our boyfriends/fiances had been fun. But oddly enough, (and this was true for both of us) once we were married, sex became a duty, our husbands were after it all the time, and we discovered, to our surprise, that we didn't really care for it any more. Oddly, it was rather like going for a GYN exam, only more often, and we were supposed to act as if we enjoyed it.

We EXPECTED to enjoy it. But we didn't, and that was a dreadful disappointment.

There. I've admitted it. I wish it weren't so, but it is.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 01:33PM

in "mutual" that women wouldn't like sex, but it was up to us to give our husbands enough sex to keep them from straying. So that is what I was told when I was told to marry my gay ex. AND then after my ex cheated, my "very good friend" who was, at the time, a bishop, told me it was my fault he cheated on me as I didn't give him enough sex. He didn't ask how much sex we had, it was just obviously NOT ENOUGH. It was very freeing to have some of the gays I met on this board tell me that there is never enough sex from a female for a gay man to keep him from cheating. Hell, the insanity of it all.

Yep, I was felt up more at the 5 points than any other place in the temple. The baptisms for the dead and the old biddies telling me they wouldn't give me a towel until I took the baptism outfit off and gave it to them. Teach them modesty and then take them to a supposedly sacred place and strip them naked.

Date: October 31, 2017 01:43PM

Christ on a cracker. At what point did you recognize the "church" was really a fucked up cult?

Date: October 31, 2017 02:43PM

Ofcourse it was never enough cl2 and as you now know, it had nothing to do with you.

I only did baptisms for the dead once. As we lived far away from the nearest temple in those days. I remember being mortified with how that white jumpsuit clung to my body the entire time after the first dunk.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 02:50PM

You are bringing back traumatic memories. Being dunked for the dead. I swear i have hated getting wet ever since, i f#cking hate water now and have to take quick showers. I am getting better but it is pretty bad. Why the hell did i just go along with it all? I have no idea probably because my parents thought it was legit so i thought that maybe it was. My life was a total lie from the beginning i never had a chance in hell against the cult back then.

Date: October 31, 2017 03:33PM

I'm sorry Adam, I don't mean to trigger you.

You went along with it, because you believed it to be right.
it was what you were taught.

Your parents also believed it to be right. (they still do?) In their mind it isn't wrong. In their mind they did what they thought was best.

The fact that is was very very wrong!!! is not your fault. It doesn't make your life a lie. Only the church is. The church is the lie. The church is the liar!!

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 05:00PM

Why not tweet your story and see what people say.

Date: November 01, 2017 12:54AM

I now live in a very low-mormon country and frankly I don't think anybody here would really care. And I don't really want any public upheavel in my public life.

But thank you. :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.