Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 07:07AM

I had face to face conversations with the HOA, the city attorney, stake president, Bishop, RS, and primary preident, and have posted a no solicitation sign on my door including, no posting by lds. I have had ongoing legal letters with slc attorneys representing the church. I just got another 'trunk or trunk or treat; on my door from the 7th ward.

I am trying my best to recovery fully, but these assholes will just not stop. Do I get another heart attack hating these people, and their disrespect for me and my family, or just let it go and throw their shit in my trash????I am always proud to get her done, but is it possible to kill every living cockroach. What should I do. ??????What would a recovered person do???

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 07:11AM by get her done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 07:37AM

I'd start collecting everything they leave and start posting it at the local Catholic or Baptist church in the neighborhood. Either that or drop it off at the local bish's house.

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 08:03AM

and the extreme things, and the consequences of those things they did to me. For me it took resigning, demanding no contact, documenting when they did, threatening a lawsuit, and lastly a call to a sp. The phone call was for one person though, who would never stop unless someone in authority told her to. I think usually when they hear a request for no contact, they know they can be sued, so they take it seriously. I reminded the sp of all the pain, and suffering they had caused me, and told him what they were doing to me & that they were continuing to cause me pain, and reminded him of the no contact, etc. (Possibly it helped that the sp worked in a legal field)

People handle recovery differently, but for me I cannot forget what they have done, because I will suffer the rest of my life from their evil choices, and as long as I have those reminders, I will hate them. The only peace I have had is from keeping them away from me.

Maybe find a way to get the message across: an area authority, letters or announcing it at the pulpit. I don't know if it would help to let them know they are hurting you. Maybe suggest they communicate by email, and phone calls within the ward, instead of leaving fliers on everyone's doors.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 08:09AM by atheist&happy:-).

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 09:10AM

Would the morg let us harass people at temple square that way? No. We'd be arrestest if we passed out invitations to exmo events and tried to talk to mormons on church property about how their church is a fraud.

If the morg wants us to leave them alone, they owe us the same level of respect. Have you tried going to the bish's door with printouts from Richard Packham? Hosing?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 09:58AM

Bin it.

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 10:26AM

Think of it this way, it costs them money for the flyer and gas to deliver it, and that is one fewer flier that could be used to melt someone elses brain.

Maybe you shoud show up to the trunk or treat, and hand out condoms, with a safe sex message to all the kids, I bet they won't invite you again!

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 10:41AM

Posted by: SD ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 10:58AM

wipe your ass with it and send it back to them certified, return receipt requested. Make them sign for your shit.

Date: October 25, 2010 03:44PM

I love your suggestion. However, cult has squeezed all shit out of me.

Date: October 25, 2010 03:54PM

You are some of the funniest people I've ever seen in this world. You always put a smile on my face. The old not recovered get her done, would probably do the ass wipe thread, but with DNA, and their money, they could probably trace it to me, and torture me by making me wear garments. I've done all that a reasonable man can do, and I do have health issues, and I'm not going to give them one more second of my life. I will do the pay lay ale dance while I throw it in the trash. You have all been a great help as usual and probably a save my life.

Posted by: freedomissweet ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 11:13AM

I am presuming you have not resigned (apology if I'm wrong), but I know of someone who threatened to go to the newspapers if another mo got in touch with them. It stopped them and made everyone sure to pass this info on when they were released from a calling. They were so afraid of getting the church a bad name. I am talking about England here, our media love this sort of thing, not sure what its like in the USA.
Not sure what else to say to ease your burden, but we're all here for you. Hope things get better.

Date: October 25, 2010 01:19PM

I am resigned five years.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 11:17AM

Maybe you've addressed this before, dunno. But you sure are going to a lot of trouble to stamp out individual contacts. It's like trying to hit those whack-a-moles at a carnival. Just as soon as you squash one, another one pops up.

Official resignation was the only thing that finally stopped all the harassment of our family.

;o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 12:37PM by shannon.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 03:23PM

OMFG!!!! Five years and they're still pulling crap?! Jeezus, get a lawyer and sue the snot out of them! I *lived* with Mormon harassment for months. In one two-week period alone, I counted 30 contacts from ward members before I finally quit counting.

It's nerve-wracking, to say the least. When you have health issues (as I believe you do), it's a freakin' nightmare!

Good luck to you . . . .

;o)

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 11:20AM

When lovebombing and messaging becomes a problem, the solution is very simple, and can be approached in two ways:
First, is to argue doctrina with them and be sure to use clear and unambiguous language when presenting it.

One thing I have learned from my own experience is that if you clearly present damaging true information, they will avoid you and will warn others to stay away

Second, just wait it out. They will grow weary of never hearing back and will move on to other targets.

And of course there is a third option which is kinda fun!
Collect all the junk they are sending to you and mail it all to the Primary President or other department head who has *nothing* to do with the contacting efforts and ask them to please stop.

Why? Because they will bring this to the Bishops attention, which will then prompt a flurry of WTFs at the entire ward level.

Posted by: Tiff ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 09:58PM

That would be hilarious!!!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 11:31AM

It's not personal. Has nothing to do with me. If I have the power to stop it, I will, but if not, I recycle it.

I only had to use my sign to keep Mormons away once.
Might want to try this!-)

I put this on the inside window of my front door when I had a problem with some Mormon missionaries that were outrageous pests.
Then, I watched them as they read it! :-)

NOTICE:

I am under no obligation to:
avoid all loud laughter, lightmindedness,
evil speaking of the lords anointed
or any other impure or unholy practice

Enter at you own risk

Rachel, My New Name

Big Smiley face at the bottom!

Posted by: SweetZ ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 12:26PM

I'll bet the invitation was delivered by a deacon who does not understand what no solicitation means.. Sounds like something that they dropped off on everyone's door and not to you specifically... I'd just toss it

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 03:56PM

They think it means that as long as they aren't selling a product (and they don't think of the Cult as a product) that they are free to knock on your door and try to convert you, or hang whatever garbage they want on your door handle. "We're not soliciting" is their usual reply if you point to a no solicitation sign.

It's like the direct marketing phone sales from years ago before you could place your number on a national "do not call" list. You had to tell each individual company as they called that you wanted to be placed on THEIR "do not call" list. I had told one newspaper (not in UT) that I wanted to be placed on their "do not call" list. So what did they do? They started calling with "information." "You can subscribe to this newspaper for only...." "No, we're not trying to sell you anything, so the laws about solicitation don't apply. We're just calling to provide you with information that might interest you."

That's the way the Cult now operates. They don't think they are soliciting, when they knock on your door or hang things on it. They think they are just providing you with a public service "announcement."

Posted by: imaworkinoinit ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 01:54PM

I think flyers are a nuisance, of any kind. But when I get a sales flyer on my door for a product of any kind (including religion), I just toss it in the recycle bin. Maybe you could even have some kind of thing you could say to yourself when you get the LDS stuff that might make it roll off your back more, like "poor fools are wasting their time and resources again." Because, in truth, it's NOT about you at all. Those people are just jumping through hoops, following instructions, trying to earn points in heaven. They don't care what you do with it, as long as THEY have done THEIR duty.

Of course, it would be nice to be left totally alone, but you have to weigh how much emotional energy and money it's worth to YOU to try to force them to leave you alone. In a way, LETTING a flyer upset you is giving them too much power.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 02:57PM

It seems to me that you know the answer to this question. Obviously, there are always going to be annoyances in life. I take great pleasure in annoying the annoyers back, but I pick my battles. Some things you just can't win, and I have a feeling that losing is what's causing you stress. You've built up a lot of emotional investment into winning this thing. It's going to be devastating for you when you can't. You said that you went as far as to meet the city attorney face to face about the problem, and then you got another flier on your door. You can't control the whole world. Focus on what's winnable, and find your inner strength to ignore the rest.

I agree that they really ought to respect you when you tell them to stop, and in a perfect world they would. But since you're talking about self-preservation via risk of heart attack, I think you ought to find a way to put it all into perspective. Again, I realize these people are causing you pain, but sometimes you need to just buck up and take it in stride. You can't win this one.

If it causes you pain, don't read these fliers. Just throw them out. If Mormons come for a visit, say "No, thank you" and close the door. They know the drill, because that's what 99% of the rest of the world says.

Playing tricks on the Mormons is a lot of fun and something I do a lot. :) However, I try not to become emotionally invested in the outcome.

Best wishes to you. I hope you can work through this.

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 03:29PM

When things like this are left at door steps, it can be that someone is going off an old ward list that still has your name on it. Those kinds of things get handed down sometimes without updates. New people are getting called into positions all the time and the word might not get communicated that your house is to be avoided. I know our ward used to pass out flyers about trunk or treat to all the houses in the area near the church whether they were members or not. Throw it in the trash with the pizza coupons and JW tracts and forget about it.

Date: October 25, 2010 03:38PM

show up at trunk or treat with a bunch of what the Cult calls "anti-Mormon" booklets and as the little Morgbots make their circle around the parking lot, just drop one in each sack.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 03:48PM

Here's one that's perfect for the season.

http://www.conchisle.com/moroni.htm

Date: October 25, 2010 03:59PM

Print out a bunch of these and drop one in each sack.

Date: October 25, 2010 04:01PM

That is an excellent article. See my above post. My health now is more important than finding every cockroach in the cult.

Posted by: Emanon (not logged in) ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 05:06PM

DH and I asked 3 times for the ward/church to stop sending the boys, who collect fast offerings, to our door and to stop delivering the ward newsletter but it continued. After the 3rd time I told the BP that next time they stopped by our home I'd tell the boys about the real interpretations of the Book of Abraham, and other church history.

We haven't had anything, church related, at our door since! It's amazing how quickly they will "respect" your request when threatened with information.

[We now have neighbors who are afraid of us...I'm sure news of our being apostates spread like wildfire around the ward, but we don't get the newsletters and flyers at our door anymore.]

Mormons are not respectful. You have to do what they want and be how they want you to be or you will be labeled.

Posted by: Emanon (not logged in) ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 06:35PM

I'd like to clarify--
the BP had told me, after our 3rd request, that he wouldn't do anything else, after making a map of the neighborhood to give to the boys, to stop the boys from coming to our home. It was after that when I mentioned to him I'd 'share my knowledge' with the boys.

They can "share the gospel" and I can "share my knowledge".

They are so afraid of the information and there's no reason to be. Even if the church stopped whitewashing the stories and told them in entirety, I believe roughly 50% would continue to be members. There's such a strong, innate sense, to belong to a group, that alone would keep the church alive...at least in areas heavily populated by mormons.

Posted by: kita ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 05:27PM

Fortunatley for me I wasn't valued in the church because of my status as an only member (my children were active but not my husband). Anyway I suddenly got all this attention when I went inactive. After years and years of neglect on their part I FELT important to them--this is a human behavior that seems very foreign to most members it's called feelings. No matter I was relentless and I stood my ground this is the stratagies I used maybe it will help you it may be extreme but it worked.

I turned off the ringer on my land phone

I refused to answer the door--I told my daughter to turn off all lights and to drown sounds when they came to the door.

A member came one night and literally pounded his fist on the door so I threngthened to call the police.

I blocked all e-mails

I used the same tactics they used on me called shunning

I didn't answer my cell phone in fact I took all member names off my contact list

I went to a local church asking for counseling and advice--they loving told me to ignore them and to call them if I needed prayers.

Eventually they got the message it took some months before they stopped.

What's so funny in all of this is that they mentioned how concerned they were about my salvation--so I told them not to worry that I'm accountable (remember that word, we learned it in Primary) for myself. so that ended that but wait there's more:

I threw away everything that reminded me of the church. It was always hard for me to throw away a book but i didn't want to look at anything that reminded me of the church. My hurt is very deep and wide but that's another story. Good Luck

Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 06:26PM

Do what you feel is necessary for you to do. It it turns out to be a mistake or unnecessary for your recovery, then you are allowed to change course and do something different. I won't tell you that people - both mo's and ex-mo's - won't judge you, because they will. But, so what?! Let 'em! You are about your recovery from Mormonism so "get her done" however you see fit.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 09:11PM

Since the harrassment is not personal, rather a cruel institutional practice, I like to respond with a humerous approach. Since they want to talk, I will talk. For example,

"Oh Brother Brown, I am so glad you called. I hope you in the ward keep calling because every time you call, I drink down a full glass of water (he tries to interrupt and I just keep going). Do you know how important that is to me. I had health problems which have disappeared, I mean DISAPPEARED since I have been reminded to drink water whenever the Mormons call. With more water, your body can process wastes and clear out poisons from their life, which is kind of the same process one experiences leaving the church, a purging of garbage after which a person just glows. I can't tell you how happy I am you called because every person on earth should be told the truth about the benefits of water and how we wouldn't even NEED half the medications....

You get the idea. Get your soapbox ready- I chose water but you can make it vitamins or the environment, anything you genuinely feel passionately about. One of my daughters used the evils of eating meat since she is a vegan.

I have never seen anything work better because it leaves you laughing and feeling good having delivered YOUR OWN inspired message on how they can improve their lives.

Another idea I had at one time was to make an Apostate's Wall with letters from the LDS church begging people to come back. I remember when the missionaries used to do that at the book store in Orem and people would come by and laugh at the Dear John letters.

Posted by: crin22 ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 09:26PM

No one comes after me, but its hard for me to even be around my family members. I am away at college and go home next to never because its so confusing to hear that stuff all over again. If that stuff bothers you, just make sure if anyone comes by you don't listen to them. And when they leave stuff what ever you decide to do with it don't read it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.