Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 06:18PM

This is what I had implied to me because I declared I was as capable, just as any other person was capable, of knowing right from wrong and at a very young age at that. I stated I had no need of "religion" to guide me, to point out behaviors that I myself knew were wrong and then to charge me a price for doing so. I said that is what arrogance is.

As a young child I knew from inside of me, from me, myself, and I, that if I hit my friends continually or lied or stole from them they would soon cease being my friends. Our genetic heritage has wired us to survive and this mean that we have learned by the process of evolution and adaptation that we need each other, that we cannot do this alone and we need to play fair. Those who did not do this, did not survive. (Yes, there is a percentage of society, the psychopaths, sociopaths, and others who, for reasons yet to be fully discovered do not fit into this mold and therefore need special treatment by society).

So, I maintain I am not arrogant because I use my innate abilities, personal experience, experience of others, critical thinking and history to guide me rather than a god or gods of which I have yet to see any evidence presented that makes me believe they exist. This does not mean than I close my mind to the possibility, but until I see evidence I am happy being the guide of my own life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2017 06:24PM by presleynfactsrock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 06:27PM

Well said. :)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 06:28PM

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 07:01PM

Besides. Look who's doing the guiding for crying out loud!

If you are past the age of accountability (which is not 8 BTW) and you still need to be guided because you can't figure out for yourself how to treat others well and be a valuable member of society, then you are either selfish, lazy, or a very very slow learner, or enjoy being a Mormon for some odd reason.

Sheep is not a thing to aspire to.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 07:18PM

I never got any advice worth a damn from a Mormon.

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: October 19, 2017 04:52AM

The problem isn't that I don't want some guide to point me in the right directions. The problem is that mormon inc isn't competent to guide anyone anywhere.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.