Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 03:26PM

The Church News, Oct., 2017, presented an article from the Priesthood session re. the message given by Elder Dale G. Renlund. (Too sacred to give to the whole church at once--women excluded until they read about it, or their husband's 'reveal' it to them.)

Quote: "'Jesus Christ has the power and authority to redeem all mankind....To make His atoning power accessible, He has delegated a portion of His power and authority to men on earth...The priesthood delivers these opportunities [as] necessary ordinances and covenants on earth are administered 'only' by priesthood authority, he noted....priesthood use is safeguarding by keys as well as the convents a priesthood holder makes". (P: Those d..n, pesky keys again.)
---

P: It appears that women are supposed to feel satisfied with this misogynistic teaching, after all, they are allowed to have keys to the home they share with their husband on earth.

Also, I guess the rest of the world's population (those who aren't Mormons) are regulated to 'go directly to h..l', as far as the church's gospel teachings go (or until a male Mormon happens to baptism these men for the dead).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 04:05PM

Telling choice of words by Dale Renlund by connecting priesthood holding men with the word "redeem" and then saying that Jesus Christ "has delegated a portion of his power... to men on earth..."

Yeah, priesthood men are powerful men who can redeem just like who? JESUS! (Implying that they are on buddy-buddy terms with this Son of God)....

And, letting Mormon women know ONCE AGAIN that they better not forget this, no siree. They need to jump when the Jesus-buddy-priesthoodbearingmen say jump.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 04:27PM

They're still upset about that whole "unbroken line since Peter" thing.

It was corrupted....yeah, that's the ticket!

One thing that made me think TSCC was a sham was that JS said just about every biblical heavy hitter paid him a visit.

I mean, really, quit while while you got a good thing going, man!

I remember working with a guy who would tell us about all the movie and TV stars he'd hung out with until it was obvious that it was too good to be true. Turns out he was an extra in a bunch of stuff, not "hanging out" with these people.

I thought of JS.......

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 05:31PM

Sure, because that's just what the all-powerful-god-of-the-universe needs to do...delegate!

:)

Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 07:13PM

I was in Sunday School some years ago and was on my way out anyway. The topic was baptism. I made the comment God looks at your heart or something like that. This man whips around and says that I am thwarting the priesthood. Then he said, in a very arrogant manner, "When I baptize someone their sins are forgiven." Well, it just came out and I said, "Gee I thought Jesus was going to come back in a red robe on a chariot, not as a balding fat man." The SP was behind me and to his credit laughed. But I did feel bad for his wife.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.