Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Valued ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 09:41PM

“Values” Voter Summit

I went to the Values Voter Summit home page. Nowhere on its website did I see the word love or charity (maybe you will find these words). I then see so many speakers that are very opposite of what I thought were basic Christian values.

Is religion really about values?
Or is it mostly just a club to say you are better or more chosen than someone else?

When you say you are the chosen ones is that racist?

Isn’t the “Bible Belt” mostly the old confederacy for slavery?
Do the scriptures LDS or the Bible have racist messages?

Has the religious right made a deal with the devil?
Do these groups see the hypocrisy in what they are doing?

So manny questions. Should these questions be asked?
More important why do such ‘Traditional Values” groups not ask such questions?

Values?

From Values Voter Summit

“Synopsis: Imagine churches across the nation standing for righteousness in the public square while the parishioners work to promote and defend a biblical worldview in every aspect of daily life! It is critical that the Church once again become the moral compass of our nation. A growing number of churches have established Culture Impact Teams (CIT's) that are working to accomplish this goal. It's biblical--and it's legal--for churches to participate in government and public policy decisions at the local, state, and federal levels in order to influence the culture. At this workshop, you'll learn how you and your church can join the movement to effectively influence our culture. A CIT is usually led by a prayerful lay-leader who is concerned about the future of our country and the impact public policy has on our faith, family, and freedom. This workshop is for anyone interested in starting a CIT as well as those who may already be involved in an existing CIT ministry. Practical ideas to help you start a CIT as well as some of the "nuts and bolts" of producing local voter guides, creating legislative action alerts, and more will be presented.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 07:43AM

The Values Voter Summit is nothing more than a hate group. It is organized by the rabidly homophobic Family Research Council. I find it extremely disturbing that the president and vice-president attended.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2017 07:44AM by Atari.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 09:08AM

Oh, they have their "values" all right.

They value discrimination against anyone they don't like, and want to make it legal based on "religious beliefs."

They value censorship and restricting free thought and speech -- against anything that questions or contradicts their religious beliefs. Or is simply different from them.

They value ignoring the constitution.

I don't share any of their values.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 11:03AM

Disguise hate and bigotry as “values” and combine that with sheeplike herd mentality... you know the outcome.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.