Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 05:50PM

He leaves behind a wife and eight children, the children all under the age of 15.

He was rear-ended by a pick-up truck. His car rear-ended another in front of him. Both of the other drivers were not injured and walked away.

Only he was killed - and died at the scene.

Just heartbreaking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2017 05:52PM by Amyjo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 05:54PM

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 06:04PM

That is so sad...

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 07:28PM

That's so sad. Bring TBM has no benefits, they get killed like everyone else, they get no extra protection from anything .
We're sending our condolences to their family through this and that they'll find the comfort and help that they'll need, especially the children

Date: October 17, 2017 09:15PM

Their lives seemed so picture perfect. Until this.

It has to be beyond shocking to the perfect and oh so happy TBM family.

When my step-sister lost her husband in a small plane crash in the 1980's; he left her a widow with three young children.

She told me she went into denial for the longest time. It didn't seem possible he could leave home that morning to crash his airplane several hours later (him along with a pilot and co-worker.)

Her children and her never got over his loss. She never remarried. He will remain the love of her life until the end of her days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2017 10:48PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 08:54PM

Date: October 17, 2017 09:11PM

Me neither. She has to be shell shocked. They were very much in love. Eight babies in less than 15 years. She is a beautiful woman too.

Those poor kids and their mom. They have a huge family. But no one can fill their dad's shoes.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 09:10PM

this is horrible. i'm so sorry. his poor family

Date: October 17, 2017 09:22PM

I can't help but think about those poor children.

The oldest is a sophomore in high school.

The youngest is just a baby.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 09:26PM

Have been rear-ended twice by texting drivers.

Date: October 17, 2017 09:29PM

It was like a 29 year old man who rear ended him.

The car in front was a 19 year old woman. I don't believe either of them were LDS. Only he was, given the locale of the crash.

This guy I'm guessing was in his late 30's/maybe early 40's.

They look like they married quite young - which is typical of Mormon couples.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2017 05:27PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 09:44PM

How horrible. :o(

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 09:49PM

Amyjo, I am so sorry this happened in your family--in anyone's family. So very sad!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 10:55PM

This is so sad, Amyjo. It's been a hard time for our friends here on RfM today. May peace and comfort be with his family as they mourn his untimely passing. And for you friend, love and support from your community here. Shalom, dear friend!

Date: October 17, 2017 11:04PM

Thanks all for the kind words and warm thoughts.

I feel really bad for my niece and her extended family-in-laws.

She is very close to this family. They've shared many moments together. And her children are close to their children as cousins.

The shock waves are far reaching for this young couple and their family.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2017 11:09PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 12:30AM

Best Thoughts from all of us;

perhaps/hopefully, new technology can reduce these accidents, injuries, & deaths...

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 03:42AM

I don't like driving much, and don't do it unless I absolutely have to. It seems to me that when you no longer feel comfortable behind the wheel, or uneasy about driving, it's about time to hang up the keys. DH agrees, and he does most of the driving.

As I see it, that unease is there for a reason. I haven't had any accidents - don't want to attract any.

But when you are young and such tragic, unpredictable things happen - it just makes your heart ache. So very sorry for you and your family, my friend.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 11:27AM

Amyjo, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 11:58AM

Oh this is awful. I'm so sorry. Life can change drastically in the blink of an eye. This family and especially his wife, have so much to deal with. Their wide support group will need to help prop them up for a long time. I hope it will bring them some comfort as they face each day as it comes.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 01:42PM

My condolences to you.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 03:01PM

What a sad situation. Heartbreaking.

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 05:20PM

condolences on your family's loss; haphazard unpredictable or at least unfathomable tragedy haunts us all the days of our lives how can anyone ever just enjoy life when it can be too short! I don't know how people are so brave.

Be ready to stand up and say, to the teenagers & little ones: "no that wasn't ok" "no that's no fair" "no God did not want you hurt plan this It Was An Accident" "no God of the universe did not want you without a coach father dad friend financial support companion he did NoT that was a HUMAN CHOICE that made it an accident. Bad brakes or something human reflexes-
THIS ISN"t EITHER God's plaaaaan for you, to cry and suffer."

After the primary and young women's teachers all talk about God's plan for you.... someone else talks about karma *usually they're rich with a trust fund around here, they always manage to come up on top with a narrative lol ----! that manages other people's pain which they don't have justifies their position not in participation with life pain. Its a special life management strategy utilized by insensitive insufferable self righteous - oh wait by humans in our insuffereable
vulnerable ego ridden ego addled moments turning life's torments into a palatable ego comforting narrative.

well someone out there from Primary or Young women's or young men's is going to use those little children as a projection point for their religiousity based framework supporting their vulnerability- and tell those little kids this was God's plan for them.

So stand up and say its not so.

and plan a movie day or picnic do not let them go to church this year on father's day. (going to church on Mother's day at the Mormon church the week of her mom's funeral sometimes 1920 was the worst experience for my dear departed grandma, she spoke about it every mother's day. all the children sitting on the pew crying. hearing the mother's days songs. Watching other mothers honored. Theirs was just dead.) SO,

stand up and don't let someone get to righteous they take these kids to church next Father's day. just. don't.

Date: October 19, 2017 05:16AM

Well strange as it sounds after reading your post, the widow is a YW teacher.

So your prediction of what 'not to happen,' will undoubtedly occur.

:(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2017 05:16AM by Amyjo.

Date: October 18, 2017 05:31PM

The cars involved in the crash were stuck in traffic because of another accident going the same way.

When the pick-up truck mowed into the car in front of it. Imagine that. They were waiting for another accident to be cleared when this transpired.

And every one of them was wearing their seat belt.

The husband/father in the middle was likely smashed between the two vehicles. The truck must've been coming at a regular speed, which begs the question what was the driver doing?

If he was texting or DWI then he will for sure face criminal liability. It wasn't *just* an accident. He wasn't watching or he would have braked before crashing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.