Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ascent ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 04:31PM

A tbm friend told me that we exmos fulfill the prophecy that we leave the church but can't leave it alone.

thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 04:39PM

The only "prophecy" that I think we come even close to is the "in the last day even the elect shall be deceived. "

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 04:43PM

That's right up there with, 'only the really cool people think like I think."

That's what self-fulfilling prophecies are all about!

Posted by: Darin ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 09:15PM

Come on Heartless if your going to quote something don't make it say the opposite of what it says.

Matthew 24:24
24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 05:23PM

And who are the "elect" ? -people who hold offices or leadership positions in THE (MORmON) church. Which is not me.

Posted by: TheBibleSays ( )
Date: October 19, 2017 09:44AM

If you're going to quote the Bible, as the post above does, then Mormon leaders are not the elect, but the deceivers themselves, propagating Joseph's Myth over the Bible.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 19, 2017 09:57AM

Exactly. They love to take that scripture out of context and act like it says Satan will deceive the very elect and that the very elect means BIC TBMs. Um, No. It says they will be deceived by false prophets. Hmmmm. Who calls themselves prophets? Us? No, guess again.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 04:46PM

Probably, people still follow the church on here very close, i forget all about conference until 20 people remind me its coming up on here.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 04:47PM

Cults do seem to have that effect on people, don't they?

Mormonism deserves all the bad press it gets for all it takes.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 04:53PM

That cult caused me decades of extreme emotional anguish. They wasted years of my life that I will never get back. They stole tens of thousands of my hard earned dollars.

You're damn straight I'm not going to leave them alone to do the same with others, if I can help it.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 05:04PM

Ditto this^^^^

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 08:20PM

^^^^^+++

Date: October 18, 2017 01:33AM

Yes they don't understand what they did to us and the hell that we went through. This will probably never be over for the rest of my days it will keep building and building, some of us are barely surviving day to day while they are sitting on billions from people like us. The suffering is always in the back of my mind and there will be no truce. They don't quit so neither will we. Forget the war between god and satan this is about us against the cult atleast for me, they will never quit knocking on my door so i have to make a comeback. This kind of sounded cheesy but they ruined me and the way i think and there will be a price to pay.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 07:53PM

I'm not posting on a church site, I'm posting on a site for ex-mormons and people thinking about leaving the cult.

How is that not leaving the church alone?

I have nothing whatsoever to do with the church itself.
It, however, continues to intrude into MY life on a regular basis, mainly through relatives being told they need to make more effort to "reactivate" people like me.

It's the church that can't leave "inactives/ex's" alone.
Not the other way around.

You need to find more honest friends.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 08:52PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 08:03PM

Invent a lie and predict that some will balk. No big whoop.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 08:09PM

Are YOU Donald Trump?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 01:43AM

No, just Don.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 08:37PM

Just like DonBagley said "Invent a lie and predict that some will balk. No big whoop."

It is the easiest and most certain prophecy a religious con man can make. When adherents discover the fraud, they speak out to prevent others from being conned.

Posted by: Annon ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 08:50PM

Anyone who has been a membership clerk knows that when someone leaves the church, the CHURCH can't leave them alone. I've had to track down people who want nothing to do with the church, but I'm still forced to make every attempt to locate them so the church can continue to control them.

Date: October 18, 2017 01:36AM

Yes they are insane with locating people, its one of the reasons i am glad i do not have a facebook.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 11:10PM

Bait and switch idea. In the D&C, JS claimed "the church is the only true church on the face of the whole earth." We know that's a bold-faced lie, scam, con. What prophecy does this lie fulfill?

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 11:22PM

Pfft.

That represents a fart noise. The only response that comment deserves.

Tell him to leave YOU alone about the church.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 11:38PM

TSCC sets a pretty low bar for prophecies.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 11:49PM

I prophesy that if I hit on my neighbor's teenage daughter, he's gonna want to cut my balls off.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 11:55PM

When the church recognizes what they've done wrong to me and apologizes and does what they can to make me whole, when they quit sending missionaries out, when they stop trying to grow and propagate their way of life around the world, then maybe I'll leave them alone. Until then, it's war.

Date: October 18, 2017 01:40AM

Yes it is. It definitely is a war, trust me i have tried to ignore them and live a normal life but it just ain't happening so there is a big fight coming in the future. It's already a battle with people on my street and with family and it will continue to grow.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 05:26PM

yah, funny thing ! - the MORmON solution is to always, at the very least, just leave the MORmON church alone, to go completely unfetter on its thieving plundering predatory way.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: October 19, 2017 07:22AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.