Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Throwawayname ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 03:58PM

I discovered a secret among some active members in a stake in the suburbs of Washington DC. Most members here are mostly families originally from Utah or someplace back west. They move here because the husband gets a government job in DC. All their extended families are far away back in Utah. Because of that they pretty tight knit communities here. With no extended families around, the other ward families become the extended families. They do play dates, group dates, family home evenings together. Many families even do potluck thanksgiving dinners together.

Evidently some of the families are getting even closer. Here's a fairly large swinger group among members. These are active members, some with local leadership positions, who are pretty open about it once your in their clique. And in the group you can choose how far to go. Many just make out with other partners and that's it, but others go further and a few go all the way. I guess these young families once they get away from the control of BYU and their extended families, are starting to experiment.

It was surprising to discover this but also refreshing to know that the church does not have as much control over the active members as they think they do. Has anyone else heard of groups like this. Is it just a Maryland, east coast thing because of the unique situations with the families?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 04:12PM

This rumor gets spread around over and over. Someone has discovered, or heard about mormon swingers......but never any actual data or facts to back it up. Just like the child sacrifice and ritual abuse in the temple rumors.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 04:20PM

Cache Valley and the information came from a bishop I was working with. This was about 35 years ago or so. He also said there was a group of teenage girls who set up a "brothel" in a trailer and there were several church leaders who were excommunicated. This guy I would trust completely. I know being a bishop doesn't make you completely honest, but this guy was someone I could trust.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 06:56PM

Dang. Maryland is more exciting than I thought!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 07:02PM

I have heard that Mormons also put stuff inside Jello, but I don't have any hard facts. I just want to avoid starting any rumors.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 07:03PM

Wholesome young Latter-day Saints listening to the likes of Benny Goodman, Count Basey and Glenn Miller!?

It's jungle music I tell you!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.