Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: yeppers ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 11:09AM

For those of you who have children, the huge red flag you get when a child is lying to you is when they profess that they are telling the truth over and over.

Me: "Did you clean your room?"

Son: "I did! Honest! I'm not lying!"

Me: "You did?"

Son: "I'm telling the truth! Honest!"

I go check on the room, and it hasn't been touched...

Sound familiar?

Ever notice when you read the BoM that you see the word 'true' over and over and over? Especially at the beginning.

It's the calling card of a liar, and the mark of a con-man.

When something is actually true, you don't need the added emphasis of saying it's true over and over. It just is. That's the nature of truth.

Remember this next time you hear about the "true" church...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 11:18AM

Along the lines of, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

:)

Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 04:57PM

uh huh

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 04:15PM

An excellent, excellent point. What does the MormonCult do but constantly, and I mean constanty, defend its position.

1. Joseph, I tell you that young, truth-seeking wonderful youth was called to be a prophet!

2. Joseph restored the truth to the earth!

3. The BofM is true! Why you can climb over, or under, or around it, you snake you, but it is still TRUE!

4. And on and on and over and over it goes in conferences, sacrament meetings, sunday school, seminary, mutual, primary, family home evening, visiting teaching, missionaies etc. etc, etc. And then it starts again....the circle is never-ending and oh, so DESPERATE. BELIEVE! AND DO NOT FORGET inspite of anything else you hear!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 07:14PM

If a youth tried to do what joseph did these days he would be laughed at and sent to a psychiatrist and sent to his room.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 06:58PM

Yup, when you have to say something is true, that implies the possibility that it *could* be false.

Don't you always hear other (Christian, at least) people testify that "Jesus is my Savior!" or "I testify that Jesus Christ is Lord!"

I mean, seriously...."I testify that the Protestant Episcopal Church of the United States is true" just isn't said.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 07:08PM

Believe me

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 07:54PM

Date: October 16, 2017 08:42PM

Ah, I see...

"It's true, believe me. It's true in a big way. It's bigly true, belieeeeeve me..."

Posted by: 2ndNephite ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 07:58PM

No doubt..so true. If you or I were tasked with keeping a record of our day, would we keep saying things like "what I am writing is true", over and over in different ways? Why would anyone do that? It's a sure sign that the stuff written is made up. For those that keep a journal or diary, do you write stuff in there like that? Of course not. Ridiculous. There is no need to because you are telling the truth. You are telling it like it is. Why would any of the so called Book of Mormon record keepers have to say stuff like "what I am writing is true". And Moroni's promise at the end to pray about it to know the things written are true... It's a huge red flag. What writer would think to put that in there if in fact what he wrote was true? Loses all credibility with me just like the original poster said.

Date: October 17, 2017 11:38AM

Yup, I've said that for years, and I just thought of something else: apologists like to talk about "Hebrewisms" in the BoM, but is there any "Hebrew" writing, anywhere, that has editorial comments pertaining to the truthfulness of the writing or praying about it?

It's written like bad fiction. And then they ask you pray to know it's *not* fiction.

Give me (not Brother Joseph) a break....

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 11:56AM

Truth demonstrates itself. Lies need to be reinforced over and over.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.