Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 08:29PM

...having lived and worked there for nearly 17 years, I see how upset some of the people I knew still are.

Now there's all kinds of conspiracy theories that I've had to ignore because they are so disgusting.

But here's a nice piece of news from my last employer there:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/13/news/zappos-vegas-funeral-costs/index.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 08:41PM

Disgusted that children & infants are sacrificed so others can kill & injure others, including LEOs;
Many children are murdered at home in front of if not By other family members.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 08:43PM

I too am disgusted with the conspiracy nuts. The bodies were still warm when the denials began. That's low.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 08:44PM

I saw that and immediately thought of you.

I mostly grew up in Las Vegas, and at that time I belonged to a church that had a major presence there. I wonder if they still do? If they do, I'm sure they helped out in just as big a measure.

Probably even bigger!

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 12:37AM

When I first moved there, and was kind of driving around getting used to the locales, I was surprised how many TSCC chapels I saw, some were really old from the 50's and some were brand new, up in the Summerlin area and lots out in Henderson.

I had almost no contact with the church there. I did have missionaries come to the door once, they were just door knocking and didn't know I'd been a member. I told them I wasn't interested in it and that was all.

I also bought a little condo over in the ghetto on Rancho Drive and had a couple of postcards come over a period of months, from someone who said he was my home teacher. Never met him, don't know how he had my address but that was as close as any contact.

And,in the nearly 17 years I lived there, I never even got within 5-6 blocks of the Temple. Everyone who came to town to see me (TBMs) always wanted to take a drive by the temple to see it, and I've give them directions.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 10:12PM

Yes, I can imagine that you are still upset. The only consolation is that there have been so many kindnesses to those families that are suffering the loss or injury of a loved one.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 11:57PM

I hope you're not talking about the low life religious nut jobs, probably in Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson mode, blaming it on their life style, manner of dress or undress, state of mind on why they didn't respond right away. They should be thrown in jail, sued for slander , charges pressed against them for victims and their families distress. These nut jobs know nothing that they were thinking or going through, last thing they need, after losing a family member, is having to listening to this

Posted by: wanttohelp ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 09:21AM

I hope this helps, Mike.

http://people.com/crime/las-vegas-shooting-criminal-profiler-motive-killer/

Kelly's website:

http://www.stalkinc.com

Because his name is shared with a currently more prominent news figure, you have to put "FBI profiler" in any search for his credos.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.