Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fordescape ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 06:37PM

My mother is dying. Although I haven't been LDS for years I still believe that someday I will be reunited with her in heaven, or the CK, or whatever good place there is.

This is the best way I can word things. I do not use the word "sealed" because neither Mom and Dad (who's still around) are not LDS. I don't believe that temple rituals (or any particular religion) necessarily have anything to do with being together with her in the hereafter.

I'm curious about what other people think, how you may have handled similar situations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 06:53PM

I am aware of no evidence (that I can respect) that proves life after death.

But...

I would like my personality to go on; I'd like to continue to exist. As me. As what I've become.

And therein lies the rub.

There was a time my mother and I got along okay. We knew each other, she and I, from when I was born until she died. We were related, but we didn't really know each other. Same for my dad.

The time we enjoyed each other's company was limited. And to say that we 'knew' each other is to take way too big a liberty. We did not. We were mother and son, each playing a role, per the interpretations we gave it.

If I were to meet my mother after my death, I bet she would not look anything like "my mother". Just as I would not look anything (I hope!) like the person I was at my death. It makes no sense that if the personality survives death that it looks like the dead body it just left.

Same with my kids. Hopefully I will predecease them by decades. If we were to meet upon their deaths, I guarantee you, they will not recognize me. Maybe we'll hang out for awhile... But stay together in some kind of 'family unit'? Not a chance. It boggles the mind, given sufficient consideration. If I continue to exist after death, it won't be to role play life as it was on earth.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 06:58PM

Nope. Only infernal ones.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 07:09PM

The concept of immortality was conjured up to help keep the many subservient to the few.
It has been recorded on cuneiform tablets incident to ancient Sumeria that the genetics of long life were imparted but resurrection and eternal life were not.
This is my personal opinion and I must stand with it.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 07:30PM

If there is an afterlife, and no one knows for sure, I will assume that I can associate with those I choose even if I dont know the password and the secret handshakes.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 07:42PM

I believe the family is eternal, sans Mormonism.

Likewise, I believe in life after death. And as a holdover from Moism, life before life.

In my experiences I've come to believe that we may be reincarnated - based on people I've met, known, and loved. There were three in particular, now each of them deceased, that when we met and during our time together I had the distinct impression we'd met in another lifetime/s.

I've had signs from each of my parents (and step-parents,) after they were deceased, that they had 'crossed over.'

Didn't ask for these experiences. But I cherish them nonetheless.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 08:09PM

I never did. Taking care of my family in the present always seemed more important. Especially now at this stage in mine and my wife's life.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 02:39PM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never did. Taking care of my family in the
> present always seemed more important. Especially
> now at this stage in mine and my wife's life.

How is she doing now and how are you doing Lethbridge?

Date: October 15, 2017 06:49PM

The news is not positive, Saucie. I am hesitant to say more as there is a troll lurking. If I could PM I'd go into more detail.

Date: October 15, 2017 08:05PM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
> The news is not positive, Saucie. I am hesitant to
> say more as there is a troll lurking. If I could
> PM I'd go into more detail.

I'm so very sorry to hear that.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 08:38PM

Yes, we are eternal and will go to an 'in-between lives place' before reincarnating again.

Libraries have many books on people experiencing this.

But, why take other's word. Today I listened to a person regressed to the 'in-between life' and her last life.

If you want to pay you can hire a person trained to do these regressions. I can do it through 'guided meditations' which are on the net.

Good luck ---- if you are really interested. Most people 'appear' to be until the part where they have to either pay or study then they tend to not be 'that interested'!

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 12:23PM

I have zero problem with folks who hold a belief about an afterlife or a reunification with their loved ones. I have a problem with people who promote a time, energy, and money sucking scam. I couldn't defend myself from Mormonism, but I can openly reject the above bs.

Date: October 15, 2017 01:59PM

I suggested you can find out 'truth' ----- which you totally rejected! Even the aspect of spending your time to find 'truth' for 'free' ---- inferring your spending time trying something for 'free' is a 'scam'. Your definition of a
'scam' is obviously far different from mine!

Guided meditations on the net are free but few are brave enough to be subject to 'change their world views' ----- you are certainly not alone.

I told Mormons and Christians last night, in a social setting, I was just listening to an awesome 'hypnotic regression' of a person to the 'in-between life'.

You should have seen the look on their face. It said it all. They did not even respond to that comment with something as 'silly' as yours.

Date: October 15, 2017 02:06PM

spiritist Wrote:

>
> I told Mormons and Christians last night, in a
> social setting, I was just listening to an awesome
> 'hypnotic regression' of a person to the
> 'in-between life'.
>
> You should have seen the look on their face. It
> said it all. They did not even respond to that
> comment with something as 'silly' as yours.
>

They've probably learned that responding to you just generates more noise.

I have zero problems reading your opinions regarding eternalism. and of course I completely discount them, other than to hope they make you happy. But it continues to boggle my mind that you preach them here, on such sterile ground! I suppose you see it as selfless service to others. I think I'm on the side of your social set last night, looking at you, wondering why you continue to hit yourself on the head with a hammer.

It's all in ones' POV, and we all get to play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2017 02:07PM by elderolddog.

Date: October 15, 2017 02:14PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2017 02:43PM by saucie.

Date: October 15, 2017 02:18PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> spiritist Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > I told Mormons and Christians last night, in a
> > social setting, I was just listening to an
> awesome
> > 'hypnotic regression' of a person to the
> > 'in-between life'.
> >
> > You should have seen the look on their face. It
> > said it all. They did not even respond to that
> > comment with something as 'silly' as yours.
> >
>
> They've probably learned that responding to you
> just generates more noise.
>
> I have zero problems reading your opinions
> regarding eternalism. and of course I completely
> discount them, other than to hope they make you
> happy. But it continues to boggle my mind that
> you preach them here, on such sterile ground! I
> suppose you see it as selfless service to others.
> I think I'm on the side of your social set last
> night, looking at you, wondering why you continue
> to hit yourself on the head with a hammer.
>
> It's all in ones' POV, and we all get to play.

We all get to play when we obey the rules but Spiritus is not playing by the RFM rule which states that preaching, or proslytizing is not allowed here. He blatantly ignores that rule.

Date: October 15, 2017 02:20PM

It is so easy to 'discount/ignore truth' by just saying so ---- I have no problem with that either.

Why people insist that I am 'preaching' is beyond me.

I am just relating how someone could possibly 'find out the truth' ---- if they are the 'least bit' interested. Which 'few' are (interested in finding out truth) based on my discussion on many 'spiritual' and other boards. Even people with 'spiritual' experiences would rather 'weave the experiences' into their world views so to leave them intact.

People don't like 'changing or even challenging' their world views --- it doesn't make them feel warm and fuzzy. People have invested a lot of time to create world views and feel 'comfortable' with them. Just like we did with 'mormonism' before our world views 'changed'.

There is nothing for me to gain except a more 'aware' world!

Date: October 15, 2017 02:44PM

spiritist Wrote:
> It is so easy to 'discount/ignore truth' by just
> saying so ---- I have no problem with that either.
>
>
> Why people insist that I am 'preaching' is beyond
> me.
>
> I am just relating how someone could possibly
> 'find out the truth' ---- if they are the 'least
> bit' interested. Which 'few' are (interested in
> finding out truth) based on my discussion on many
> 'spiritual' and other boards. Even people with
> 'spiritual' experiences would rather 'weave the
> experiences' into their world views so to leave
> them intact.
>
> People don't like 'changing or even challenging'
> their world views --- it doesn't make them feel
> warm and fuzzy. People have invested a lot of
> time to create world views and feel 'comfortable'
> with them. Just like we did with 'mormonism'
> before our world views 'changed'.
>
> There is nothing for me to gain except a more
> 'aware' world!

Its not our responsibility to educate you about why you don't see where you are preaching....
But you are and its boring .

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 10:53AM

spiritist Wrote:
> I am just relating how someone could possibly
> 'find out the truth'

No, you're not.
You continually insist you have 'truth' when you can show no evidence of any kind that you do.

And you continually disparage those who point out that your claimed 'truth' has zero supporting evidence, like you did in the post above and the one above that...by claiming they're too lazy or can't handle your claimed 'truth' or any number of excuses, when the simple fact is people don't believe your claims because they're ridiculously outrageous and have zero evidence to back them up.

You're entitled to your outrageous, unsupportable beliefs. But to continually claim they're 'truth' when you can't offer a single bit of supporting evidence is indeed 'preaching.'

Date: October 15, 2017 08:38PM

Here are spiritist's reasons to believe his "truth":

--He says it's true.
--Books have been written about it.
--Other people says it's true as well.
--Someone on the internet had a compelling performance.
--There are paid professionals who will regress you.
--You can also DYI.

If you won't believe and become as goofy as he is, you are:

--Lazy and or cheap.
--Closed-minded and or hard hearted.
--Stubborn.
--Chicken.
--"Silly".

These arguments could apply to the bs of your choice.

Date: October 17, 2017 03:47PM

I forgot being prideful for my list. I could add relying on the 'wisdom of men'.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 08:44PM

spiritist Wrote:
> Yes, we are eternal and will go to an 'in-between
> lives place' before reincarnating again.
>
> Libraries have many books on people experiencing
> this.
>
> But, why take other's word. Today I listened to a
> person regressed to the 'in-between life' and her
> last life.
>
> If you want to pay you can hire a person trained
> to do these regressions. I can do it through
> 'guided meditations' which are on the net.
>
> Good luck ---- if you are really interested. Most
> people 'appear' to be until the part where they
> have to either pay or study then they tend to not
> be 'that interested'!

My brother-in-law's sister has been a Native American princess, an African princess, an Egyptian princess, and someone in the Monegasque line of sucession according to her past life readings. (It's interesting that people in these situations seldom have memories of being peasants or invertebrates.) I have no more faith in your guided meditations or in the person who accepts money to help others uncover past life experiences through regressions than I have in my brother-in-law's sister's woo-woo memories through her past-life reader. If it makes your life richer to pursue what I personally consider to be drivel, you are of course free to pursue it. You're also free to share it here within certain constraints, but don't be surprised if you don't find a whole lot of like-minded thinkers here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2017 08:44PM by scmd.

Date: October 17, 2017 10:28AM

SCMD got me literally laughing with their totally 'uneducated' comment on 'past life' literature. "My brother-in-law's sister has been a Native American princess, an African princess, an Egyptian princess, and someone in the Monegasque line of sucession according to her past life readings. (It's interesting that people in these situations seldom have memories of being peasants or invertebrates.) I have no more faith in your guided meditations or in the person who accepts money to help others uncover past life experiences through regressions than I have in my brother-in-law's sister's woo-woo memories through her past-life reader. If it makes your life richer to pursue what I personally consider to be drivel, you are of course free to pursue it. You're also free to share it here within certain constraints, but don't be surprised if you don't find a whole lot of like-minded thinkers here."

My study of over a year indicates just the 'opposite' very few or none in the hundreds I have studies have been 'famous', in fact I can't recall any really that famous!

Also, in all my studies, I have never heard of any 'past life reader' or various princesses!

Is every girl a 'princess' in those cultures???? Just like everyone a 'god' in Mormonism and other belief systems?

Good try ----I suggest you actually 'read' a few books on a subject so you won't come across to appear so 'silly and uneducated' in the future!

Your comment was very funny though and I have also heard it before!

Date: October 17, 2017 10:44AM

I thought the basic point of SCMD's story was his amplification of the point of view most of us have of those who believe in the woo: Woosers are special; the stories, the events they report, elevate them above the herd.

Being a Wooser is the equivalent of having a red Corvette and washing it in your driveway on Saturday afternoon. You just know that people are envious...they just have to be, it's a red Corvette!

Date: October 17, 2017 11:24AM

I thought the basic point of SCMD's story was his amplification of the point of view most of us have of those who believe in the woo: Woosers are special; the stories, the events they report, elevate them above the herd.

In my 'world view' it appears 'most' people elevate themselves/family members to 'special'.

Christians and many religious people are 'children of God or Christ', and it is pretty special with Mormons becoming 'gods'.

Even in youth sports ---- it's not only the 'winners' that get trophies. It is everyone ---- members of the team that 'loses' could get the largest trophies for their 'trying' now based on what I have seen.

Maybe being able to 'recall a past life or being regressed under hypnosis to recall one' may make someone 'feel special' but really it indicates that 'everyone' has had 'past lives' probably many ---- so really how special is that?

I believe everyone should 'feel' special for just being themselves.

Date: October 17, 2017 11:37AM

Yes, but it's always nice to feel specialer.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 08:58PM

Posted by: Anon for this one ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 12:44AM

I have very little interest in re-uniting with most of my family.

My spouse, yes. My best friend, yes. My pets, yes. I am very well aware of whom I do and do not get along with. I can't think of a nastier Hell than having to spend eternity with some of my relatives.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 05:18AM

I've always believed that relationship continue whether in this life or the next, if there is one. Whether I was LDS or not.

Because it's about love and caring. Which is stronger than any "sealing by priesthood authority" done it "Mormon temples"

Where in the hell did Mormons come to believe that only they will be with loved ones in the next life I will never know.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 08:10AM

Because that's what Joseph Smith taught, when he wasn't fucking his nanny or other men's wives.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 06:49AM

No. Sorry.

If there is any kind of life after death (and that's a big if) I think it will be more of the energy kind.
And nothing like the form and shape we are now.

I'm sorry about your mom.

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 07:38AM

I don't know if there's a life after death but I think it would be nice to meet all the nice people I met here and the rest of the nice people in an afterlife,not just my family.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 08:03AM

I like the wisdom of the celts who believed a couple could bind their souls for eternity, but nothing about their parents or children being bound together in a similar way. I take this to mean they did not believe in reincarnation as such, although their tales contain a lot of symbolism. For example, talesin the welsh poet allegedly lived as a fish and a burrowing, speedy hare dwelling within the physical earth, but this could be interpreted as either reincarnation or as symbolism, ie swimming through the waters of life as the fish, being a lowly soul-less beast literally dwelling within the worldly dimension.

These beliefs were quite prevalent in europe before even the greeks or romans and many people have speculated that irish tales and greek tales do share a lot of commonality.

The belief that you are reunited with your entire family, while pleasant for many, sounds like hell for some and when I consider how my children might feel in their time, I'm pretty positive they would choose their future partner/soulmate/whatever, over myself and their father, but then that might just be because of my relationship with my own parents - who knows?

That is the main crux of the question - no-one actually knows anything for sure, and only you can decide what you wish to put your faith in.

I felt fairly lost for years after losing my closest sibling, which was actually what first stimulated me to begin my search and study on spiritual matters. His death was unexpected. When my grandmother died of old age I felt much better about her passing because I realise whatever love she felt for me will never die because love is energy and energy doesn't disappear: it only changes. My grandmother wrote me a letter telling me her love for me will always live, even when she no longer does and although I miss her, I still remember how much she loved me and how it felt to be loved by her. That's about all we really have for sure here in this life - the opportunity to feel (or desire) the love of another and to experience the love we feel for other people. Well, that and death and taxes, as a famous person once said.

Not to sound soppy, but love creates some strikingly strong bonds which I am rather doubtful that death can break.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 10:05AM

Thank god it's not real (just my opinion)
The only people I would want to see would be my children and grandchild. As for all my other stupid relatives, I didn't want to be around them here and sure as shit would not want to see them after death, and for eternity? Heeeell to the damn no.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 11:45AM

Yes, we are eternal and will have opportunities to experience a fullness of joy and love in the next life. The society in the heavens is different from earth. There's no jockeying for power, prestige or prosperity. Everyone is equal. We will be surrounded by family and friends who we love and who love us. A friend of mine committed suicide 15 months ago, and last Friday he came to me in a dream. I didn't know he died. I called his family the next day and found out the sad story. But I was comforted to know he visited me via my dream. In 1969, I saw my deceased grandmother after her burial in a dream. At 9 years old and non-lds, I experienced a piercing of the veil then and last Friday with my friend. For me, yes life continues after death. But I believe it will not be a lds version of what we were led to believe. The Book of Revelation has a lot of information on heaven.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 11:57AM

Continued....I left the cult three years ago, so when my deceased friend came to visit me in a dream last Friday, as a non-mo, supposedly I didn't have the gift of the Holy Ghost. On the contrary, I have felt more attuned to the divine after I left the cult than when I was in their control. The cult suffocates the spiritual laity of its members and blocks personal revelation from heaven. It's another witness to me that leaving the cult was a good thing. Letting go of the facade of spirituality mo style, has liberated me to connect with the universe and people here in new and real ways that allows me to feel loved. The cult is a dangerous straight jacket that ruined my life for 36 years. So happy that I am free of it. Choices on this earth do matter. We could lose our lives in dead end relationships and never know the love we are entitled to experience here. We will take that love and experiences with us into the next life. But the choice to love, forgive, heal and speak truth to power happens here. Make peace with your mother before she passes on. Share your feelings of love and gratitude with her. If she hurt you, settle it now. You don't want to carry unfinished business with you for the rest of your time on earth.

Date: October 15, 2017 02:09PM

I have had ADCs and get 'dream' information weekly.

If you really want to know more of the 'truth', but wreck your 'bible or Mormon' worldview if that is what you inferred in your comment that you believe the biblical view, start asking more questions.

Most people that have 'opened' the channel to 'spiritual information' can 'leverage it' and get a whole lot of information/truth ----- if you really want it.

Just be open to the 'truth'. It sounds to me you have only obtained a 'small view' of what is 'available to all'.

Good luck!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 11:48AM

Sorry to hear about your mother.

There is never a good time to lose a parent, no matter how well prepared you think you may be.

I still miss mine. They've been gone 17 years this fall - they died two months apart and both unexpectedly.

Date: October 15, 2017 12:47PM

Thanks Amyjo. I'm learning exactly where my weak and strong points are, for sure. Basically I'm just waiting for a phone call. I try to keep busy without being obsessive.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 02:28PM

I have a strong feeling that life does continue after death, but that mormonism will have no part in it. I think that you will be able to associate with, and have relationships with whoever you want to be with after your death from this life. Mormonism is just a fraudulant attempt to tax the afterlife, in this life.

Date: October 15, 2017 02:41PM

I would love it if life continued after death but I have never seen any proof that it does. Having said that, I hope when I die, I'll be pleasantly surprised to see the people that I loved so much, happy to see me as well.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 05:04PM

I agree with azsteve that Mormonism will have nothing to do with anything in the afterlife. Heavenly spirits will not be subject to JS's rules of visitation between socially-stratified kingdoms, and there will NOT be polygamy or abuse or boring meetings.

When I left the cult, all I knew was that the Mormon church was NOT OF GOD.

Since then, my views of God change with the seasons, when I think about it at all. Life in the here and now is too important, too splendid, too busy, too full of Love!

Whatever the afterlife is, it is not relevant to us now. We need to conform to laws, to be kind to our neighbor, and all that good stuff, just because it makes life better. Not because it might make Heaven better.

IMO, the Mormon "Three Degrees of Glory" is all an absurd scam, using fear and threats so people will pay money to the LDS, Inc.

Personally, it's a waste of time to worry about what we will never comprehend with our human brain. I can live with ambiguity. Compared to what the Mormons teach about the hereafter--I much prefer ambiguity! We gotta have some surprises.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 06:29PM

I'd hate to die and have them mistreating me for eternity as they did for so many years in life. Hopefully, eternal families are optional if there's an afterlife.

Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 07:37PM

I don't believe in eternal anything. Something lasting forever is a childish wish.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 08:32PM

I have no idea what happens after death. If some sort of afterlife exists that in any way resembles the Christian concept of heaven, it would seem logical that family members who wished to spend time with each other would have that opportunity and none of the Mormon Masonic voodoo would be necessary to make that happen.

Posted by: Ephesians2:8-9 ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 08:42PM

In a sense I do, I believe that eternal life is attainable by Christ's finished work on the cross (Romans 10:9-10). But no I don't believe that you can be eternally married, attain Godhood and have spirit children (Matthew 22:30).

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 09:19AM

Believe whatever brings you comfort and hope.

I don't "believe" in any "afterlife." Or any continuation of "me" once this body that IS "me" ceases to function.
Simply because there's no evidence of any kind there's any such thing, and no demonstrable mechanism by which any such thing could occur.

Given that, I personally don't get any comfort or hope from pretending those things are real. If you do, good for you. Whatever gets you through the day.

Date: October 16, 2017 01:25PM

If there's an afterlife...I just wanna see my dogs

Date: October 16, 2017 01:29PM

"Heaven is where all the dogs you ever loved come running to meet you when you get there."

shit! I'm in a McDonald's, tearing up...

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 09:14PM

Mr. Peabody!!!!! Mommy's here!!!

Date: October 16, 2017 09:23PM

Anything Mormons taught me means nothing.

However, if there is any conciousness in me at all, I'll be hunting all over hell n creation for my Mom and my little old Pop.

I'm a damned orphan on this earth! Orphaned at the tender age of 50.

I had surgery a few years ago and was given some hellacious painkiller. Not long after that injection, Mom n Pop brought my border collie to my room to see me.

The nurse said, "How'd they get the border collie in here?"
I said, "I don't know how any of 'em got in here--they're all dead!"

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 01:30PM

I'm not sure what eternity is and even less sure who my family is.

Date: October 16, 2017 01:37PM

What if no one in your family wants to see you, cuz they owe you so much money? What if they're ashamed of how they treated you? Maybe they can't stand it that you were right and they were wrong?

What if I'm still heterosexual when everyone else in heaven is something else? Like 'autosexual' which I just made up, meaning that you're in love with your own clone...

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

ETA: normally I look up words that I think I've made up, to make sure I'm correct. In this instance I failed to do so and it turns out that 'autosexual' has already been claimed. Here's the definition, and it mostly doesn't alter my narrative:

"Autosexual is a very specific term used by sex researcher Bernard Apfelbaum in his contributions specifically to "Principles and Practice of Sex Therapy." Very clearly, it refers to someone who has a great deal of trouble responding to someone else sexually but can respond fairly or very well to his (or her) own touch."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 01:39PM by elderolddog.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 01:46PM

I have found that most people who believe in an afterlife, believe they will be with family and loved ones. It's only the Mormon Church that attaches strings to it (which only they can pull, for a modest stipend). Rather than being good for families, Mormonism is highly toxic.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 02:03PM

I tend to believe in an afterlife for a few reasons that I won't go into. I do have family members I'd prefer not to have anything to do with UNLESS we can work out our differences. I don't want to be told that I'm going to be reincarnated. That just makes me depressed. OR that I'll just go on from where I'm at. I hope there is some kind of peace and rest. I hope there isn't all this insanity that we live with in this life.

When one of my dogs died 6-1/2 years ago and one of my friends was talking to me about seeing him again, it occurred to me that I feel I had no choice to be here right now. I was born and I don't remember choosing to be born. So when I get to the other side, ARE MY DOGS GOING TO BE THERE and, if they aren't, I'm just shit out of luck as I will have no choice in the reality of what happens. That pisses me off. I want to believe that my relationships will go on and I'll have a kennel full of dogs with me. The thought of going on forever, though, is a bit too much for me to handle.

Date: October 17, 2017 02:07AM

Fordescape,

I am so sorry about your mom. I believe you will see her again.

I loved my parents so dearly that I will have to be dead and in my grave to give up the hope of reuniting with them.

Date: October 17, 2017 10:54PM

Thanks for the thoughts.

Posted by: omergod ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 02:20AM

I do.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 11:34AM

Yes, absolutely. IF (and it's a big if), there is an afterlife, I believe we'll all be together as the family of God. S(he) is God, ferchrissake. S(he) would love all her/his children S(he) would be forgiving. S(he) would welcome them all back.

And I don't worry about "what if there isn't anything else?" Because eternal life and eternal families are what we leave behind. I want to work to leave something that goes on. Not only in my own family, but something to make the family of man better. We are a product of our family, our eternal family from the beginning of time. I want to make the world a better place for my grandchildren and their grandchildren and all of my eternal family. I feel a connection to them that I never felt when I believed in the mormon version of judgmental eternal families.

Posted by: Hwint ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 05:49PM

Most christians believe in an afterlife where we are reunited with friends and loved ones.

And they believe this will happen without paying 10% to their income to the church and going through quasi-Masonic ceremonies.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.