Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 01:19PM

With the lady down the street. The church ruined my life and she still calls me blind. And i just went fucking off. Saying one of the passwords going into heaven that health in the navel bullshit. I am so fucking pissed she is so certain it is all fucking legit. I figure if i am going to go down i might as well go down swinging.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 01:28PM

Shame on her. I'm sorry she lives near you and is such a nasty pest.

Date: October 10, 2017 01:38PM

She makes me feel like shit and makes me wish i had just died.

Date: October 10, 2017 01:57PM

"I can't be around you because you're obsessed with your church which is toxic to me. Don't approach me unless you'll willing to stop such behavior."

Date: October 10, 2017 02:07PM

Is this life really worth living cheryl? For an outcast of religion. They destroyed me. They make me feel like i can't go on without their bullshit.

Date: October 10, 2017 03:21PM

Eventually, things will be better, I'm sure of it.

Date: October 10, 2017 04:33PM

Alright my counselor thinks i am getting better so you may be right.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 03:16PM

My solution---
The next time she approaches you wait until she about three feet from you then say loud and slow
"Oh you poor lady I am so sorry for your delusions. However I can no longer talk to you".
Then turn your back on her and walk away!

What she is trying to do is to PUSH YOUR BUTTONS! Don't give her that satisfaction! The most powerful thing you can do is ignore her.
Carry on my man!!!!!!!!

Date: October 10, 2017 04:35PM

Alright thanks desertman, all she has is the religion. Without it she has nothing.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 03:18PM

You're in no shape to be dealing with someone like this woman.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 03:18PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 03:18PM by cl2.

Date: October 10, 2017 04:37PM

Definitely not in shape yet i can not block texts on my phone but i blocked her as far as calls go.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 03:54PM

Nothing will destroy church membership rolls faster and curtail missionary work then those pesky people who call themselves TBM but are in fact dishonest or jerks. The only way to convince people that the Church is true (and not some sleazy fraud) is to be completely honest and be genuinely good/polite.

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 04:03PM

The only people who are completely honest and polite about the church are ExMos and TBM's who don't know anything about the cult's history

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 04:04PM by luckylucas.

Date: October 10, 2017 04:38PM

I agree i have only gotten real truth from exmos and that is it.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 06:10PM

When I was apparently old and mature enough to bear a fervent testimony I said "I know the Chooch is choo. I love my mommy and my daddy" and then quickly said "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen". So there you have it that I bore a testimony. Ever since then who would want to be thought of as a liar so we just build on that foundation with more testimonies, more correlation, and more staying on this wondrous path. Along that path I reached a super mature and responsible age of 8 where I was told I could be accountable to make important decisions. Of course we know that is such a super responsible age because the Brethren say so and duh why would they say that if it wasn't true, especially since they teach us that they are the gatekeepers of all truth.

So at that age I got to go in some really warm water dressed in white and people giving me lots of attention. I felt really good and once again thanks to the super groovy Correlation program under the direction of these glorious Brethren I got well taught and conditioned to believe that was the Holy Ghost :)

None of this would've been possible for so many of us if my parents and their beloved Mormon peers hadn't had so many kids, the previous generations hadn't done the same, and if we hadn't had these missionaries throughout church history working so hard to fully assimilate all the people they can into this wondrous gospel. And by us all having lots of kids and even more grandkids and sending them out to get more converts we can get even more people assimilated into the wondrous Correlation joys that Mormondom brings into our lives. If ever people were to break the chains from being good obedient mass-producing sheep then the Church growth would be curtailed.

I remember once when I had a Doubt come up in my life well over 2 decades after I had that glorious warm water day when I was the super mature accountable age. I wrote this in an email to the Bishop and he reminded me to be obedient to my covenants and I was quickly reminded of the very important promises I made when I was that age.

How do I know that someone at that age of 8 is so accountable and ready to make such important commitments? Because the Brethren say so. When I see every car rental company, except for the evil anti-Mormon ones, follow suit in letting such accountable people rent cars without scrutiny then I'm reminded how correct the Brethren really seem :)

Posted by: Survivalist ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 04:19PM

Listen up, badass! You ARE NOT GOING DOWN!!!

You ARE GOING UP!!!

The delusional b##### triggeted some guilt, and it is OLD USELESS guilt.

Scream into and beat the pillow. It's a trigger.

There is NO guilt in doing the right, healthy thing of defending your peace and sanity, your boundaries!

This situation calls for growling and teeth, and YOU DID IT!!!

You should be VERY proud of yourself!

Date: October 10, 2017 04:41PM

Haha i even punched a picture of jesus that i have, so she definitely triggered and got to me deep within myself. She called me a blind and dead person and i said no shit i was raised in the church.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 04:41PM

Just watch out for her vindictiveness when you get it thru her head that you won’t be sleeping with her. Her interest is NOT saving your soul.

Date: October 10, 2017 04:42PM

Fuck no its not to save my soul. I forgot she tried to seduce me in the past when i was weaker. Good call kathleen i forgot about that.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 05:23PM

Do not allow yourself to be upset by this crazy lady. Rise above it. Do not wallow in her toxicity.

Have you read "Feeling Good, The New Mood Therapy"?

I have read many of your comments and posts on this forum over the past several weeks and have often thought that this book would be very good for you.

It's been life changing for me -- the basic premise is that your thoughts control your emotions. Change your thoughts and change your life.

Good luck!

Date: October 10, 2017 05:30PM

I definitely need to change my thoughts. They created my mind and i am fighting to get a natural mind again it feels like. I just keep letting them trigger me but they have been trying to rule over me my entire life.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 05:37PM

Badass, The Feeding Good, New Mood Therapy book has helped me a lot, too. I'm sorry that I didn't think to recommend it to you. But here's a hearty endorsement for rubi123's suggestion

Date: October 10, 2017 05:38PM

Then check out that book. I'd be curious to know if you found the concepts to be as thought provoking and paradigm-shifting as I did.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 05:42PM

Try taking the garden hose to her next time she comes around.

Wear a police whistle around your neck so when she calls blow it as loud and hard as you can in her ears.

It's okay to be rude, in other words, to rude people.

Date: October 10, 2017 05:47PM

I think it would be better to take the high road and simply walk away.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 05:51PM

Adam's stalker doesn't seem able to take a hint. He's tried that already.

Short of a restraining order, he needs to get creative.

Date: October 10, 2017 05:52PM

He can't just go inside his house?

Date: October 10, 2017 05:57PM

I dont know what i am going to do i blocked her number but i cant block texting. She makes me so fucking mad. Nobody can trigger me like she can. Fucking thinks she is literally royalty in god's kingdom type of bullshit.

Date: October 10, 2017 05:59PM

That's odd that you can't block texting. When I block someone, calls and texts are blocked.

Maybe what you can do is get creative by making it seem like her text was undeliverable to you.

For example, when she texts, write back something like [message send failure: undeliverable] and keep sending that to her when she texts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 06:01PM by rubi123.

Date: October 10, 2017 06:04PM

Yea i took my phone into cricket and they said i couldn't block texts. I told that lady to block me though hopefully she did and mission accomplished.

Date: October 10, 2017 06:03PM

Holy fuck! I have a few minutes and thought I check the board and I see my good friend hurting.

You wrote, "Is this life really worth living cheryl? For an outcast of religion. They destroyed me. They make me feel like i can't go on without their bullshit."

Oh Adam, yes, this life is worth living. And NO FUCKING way did they destroy you. You're alive, you've got a future, and what's happening right now is you just feel shitty.

You're entitled to feel the way you are feeling, okay? Yeah, you're feeling shitty, and you punched a picture of Jesus. It's okay, Bro! Really!

Now, Badass, I'm going to chew you out. Got it, Wanker? And, yes, you can go tell me to fuck myself afterwards. And if you do, I'll smile and say, "But Adam, you know that's anatomically impossible. Besides, I'm a guy, if it feels good...." :D:D:D So, don't worry about being politically correct, okay.

1. You're not an outcast from religion. You've removed yourself from activity within a controlling cult-like religion. You removed them. And, if you want, you can inform them that you excommunicated THEM from YOUR life the way Jeremy Runnells did.

2. "She makes me feel like shit and makes me wish i had just died." Badass, she can only make you feel whatever emotion you're willing to give her. Sorry, man, but you need to hear this--YOU made yourself feel like shit--probably because you lost control). It's okay to be angry, Adam, but when you lose control, others have power over you. I liked what Desertman said above. Next time, say that and walk away.

And, I'm in agreement with Survivalist, sometimes you just have to let it out. And if you did, feel proud as fuck that you let it out, just let go of the guilt.

Get out a piece of toilet paper and write on it, I lost my cool today and I felt like shit. Then, tear it up, toss it in the bowl. You know the rest, take a long piss and then flush. Losing your cool is no big fucking deal. But, you'll feel better if you don't lose your cool.

3. "Haha i even punched a picture of jesus that i have." Yeah, I'm going to speak for Jesus on this. Rather you punched a picture of Jesus, than you punched your neighbor. Adam, if you don't or can't believe in Jesus, no one, myself included, should ever think less of you or you or judge you. Jesus's teachings in the New Testament was not taught to me in Mormonism. For example, the Jesus of the Bible reserved his harshest comments for religious hypocrites. Now think about that. What is it that you're the most hurt by...the double-faced hypocracy. So, Badass, Jesus would also be pissed that others are trying to manipulate you.

4. "I just keep letting them trigger me but they have been trying to rule over me my entire life." Well said, but they can only do this if you let them, AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LET THEM, OR I'M GOING TO BE FUCKIN' PISSED!

Seriously, Badass, I'm proud to be your friend. I'm super glad that you posted this. Please read and feel the comments your friends, here, posted. You're a good man, Adam. You're also strong, courageous, loyal, and funny. I hope my post helps you see the true Badass Adam--a man of quality.

Now, you can go tell me to... :D:D:D HUGS The Boner.

Date: October 10, 2017 06:20PM

You are right boner, its a fucking battle on this street. That lady and my father live on my fucking street and i cant do anything about it. I just get triggered every damn day i drive down the damn street and then i have to vent on here then i have to get scolded by the boner haha jk. The boner gives the badass courage. This might be the first time i have fired back against them over and over and meant it. I am tired of their manipulation and childish games to make me think that their fantasy is a reality. It is fucking not real damn it. Its not real everybody on this forum knows it and i want to be a fucking normal person in this world not a fucking object to be manipulated. I am a fan of some of the things jesus did in the new testament, that same jesus would stand against this monster of a church. But mormon jesus is a bastard like old dog said. So i dont know what to think about jesus. Did he lose his way over 2000 years seems so according to mormonism. I just want to get my surgery over with and see if that helps but i am not sure it will totally fix me.

Date: October 10, 2017 08:46PM

I hope my scolding wasn’t too over-the-top! Apparently not so because of all the wonderful uses of fuck and none of them directed toward me :)

Badass, I can’t tell you what to think about Jesus. But here’s something a leader in my church once told me—churches sin. Churches are the people. People are imperfect (thank God). Unfortunately, churches are imperfect because they’re human.

A quality church will admit its sins, apologize for them, and do its best to help people.

I love you Badass. Yeah, I know, I’m a wanker, but I feel the pain of my friend, Badass Adam. I hope what I write helps you feel the solidarity of your friends here. Like others, I wish I had a definitive answer to give you, but you have to figure your answers that work for you.

In the meantime, I will continue to wish you the very best for healing and recovery. I’ll cuss with you. I’ll joke with you, but most important of all, as much as possible I’ll empathize with you. Because, I’m BYU Boner and I love my friend, Badass Adam. And Boners don’t choose losers as friends. We choose strong, uplifting, shafts of steel. Here’s to you, Badass. I hope your surgery goes well, it will mean a world of difference for your pain levels.

Date: October 10, 2017 09:21PM

This is a hard road boner i wish i could heal myself with the mystical priesthood but it just aint happening, i have to try to get better and get surgeries one by one. This is a very hard road boner that is all i have to say. I am trying to play cards right now with some new friends at the mall to keep my mind off of everything. But some of the shit that lady said really got to me because the religion is what put me in this place and i am paying for it physically and mentally day after day. This cold weather is not helping either. I just want to feel like normal adam again, no influence of religion in any way.

Date: October 10, 2017 10:03PM

I’m glad you’ve got some buddies to play cards with. I’ve lived in my neighborhood a long time and nobody ever stops by to be friendly. I sometimes go and talk with some of the guys on my street. They’re friendly to my face but never come over to talk or just hang.

The ultimate happened a couple of years ago when I walked across the street to talk with a guy. His wife came out and said, “Oh, it’s our neighbor...” the way she said it was clear—we have no interest in talking with you. I’ve not crossed the street since, and they’ve never walked over to say hello.

I fucking HATE living in Utah! I try to not let it get me down, but now you know Badass why I feel your pain with the fucktards you’re dealing with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 10:05PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 06:30PM

That stupid pompous bitch has no right to barge into your personal business and tell u what to do and not do. I think you should go the no contact route.Next time she approaches you say,"I don't like you. Don't talk to me." Then, quickly walk away. Totally ignore anything else she might say as you walk off. Ignore, ignore, ignore!

Date: October 10, 2017 07:00PM

She pulled that shit on me when i retaliated. Like i cant talk to you anymore, like i was the inferior one being offensive.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 08:01PM

I would get creative. Maybe get a new phone number. Or tell the bishop that as a married woman, she has been texting you and contacting you inappropriately and you want it to stop. Or text back, swearing abundantly.

Date: October 10, 2017 09:23PM

I sweared a shit load towards those virgin ears. She pretends to be this high and mighty person that never cusses and she is above it. But she is very much full of shit.

Posted by: Survivalist ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 10:35PM

I was at work, Badass, and had no stylus, and it took freaking forever to type that last entry, but I had so much to say you that I couldn't get in!

You did a most excellent job of recognizing bullshit. But, and this needs to be said, she needs to be invisible to you. Don't make eye contact. If she texts you, delete it and do nothing else. If she tries to speak to you, just walk past her and say nothing. If she tries to touch you, pull away and walk away, not speaking.

She is in early stalking behaviors, and she sees you as her target. Back when the article below was written, it stated that 17% of stalking victims were men, but that was way before "they" looked at women as equally capable of these dangerous behaviors and crimes. The figure reported today is closer to the 50/50 it logically should be - 44%.

Please read this. She's fixated like the third-grader the article mentions:

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/08/25/science/personal-health-do-s-and-don-ts-for-thwarting-stalker.html

And here's updated statistics and other information. You are not alone.

http://victimsofcrime.org/our-programs/stalking-resource-center/stalking-information/stalking-statistics

Here's a thought that should help you put her behavior into perspective. She knows you're hurt about mormonism, but she won't leave you slone about it, -because she KNOWS it hurts you. She KNOWS it's your trigger. You've said things to her that informed her of your feelings about mormonism.

Let's role play for a minute, and you pretend that you don't know me at all. I'm playing a stranger, and you are playing you:

You have a friend. You know this person had a really hard time, having been trapped in Russia for most of her life. She has told you how she never wants to think about Russia again. She's been struggling, trying to recover physically and emotionally from all the bad things that happened to her in Russia.

Enter me, the stranger. I want this lady to like me, to be my girlfriend, but every time I see her, I bring up Russia, talk about how communism is the one true society, how wonderful Putin is, quote his and other Russian sayings to her, tell her that she is wrong if she does't want to go back to Russia. I say that Russia is the only place she will ever be happy, and everyone wants her to go back to Russia with me.

She tells you the things I say to her, how it triggers horrible feelings and reactions, how much I hurt her every time I open my mouth. She's tried to avoid me, but I'm always popping by, emailing her, trying to tell her about Russia, what a good Russian I am, and that anyone who doesn't like Russia is wrong.

What would you say to her, badass?

Really. What would you say?

I think you would want to kick my ass, but what, dear badass, would you tell her to do about me when you weren't around to kick my ass?

_____

It feels really rotten not to be there, not to be able to tell the stalker to stay the hell away from my friend badassadam, or pay a price the stalker can ill afford.

Here's something I believe, though. Badass IS a badass, and he's got this. He is learning how to reject what is bad for him, how to walk past and ignore a stalker, how to let this demented bitch's words patter against him like raindrops hitting a rock-solid roof, never making it into the structure. Whatever the hell she says, he can't hear it. She is like a frog croaking down by the creek, it all sounds like ribbit ribbit ribbit.

Every time you catch a glimpse of her, think of that big old warty frog. That's how "important" she and her croaks are to you. If you hear real frogs croaking, just laugh your ass off, knowing they're playing your special "Russian" song, and that's why you don't - WON'T - understand a word of it. Ribbet, ribbet ribbet, croak, croak, croak.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/61/8d/55/618d55263d3d0d9ab23d5e70dd773874.jpg

I like nature, and I sort of struggled to compare that POS to a part of our beautiful world, so a fake frog was better for a fake croaker. :)

And I'm so glad boner and badass wisdom showed up together.

Hope you find comfort in this.

Sleep well, badass. The body heals during sleep, so get plenty of it.

Date: October 10, 2017 11:43PM

^^^^^Totally awesome post!^^^^^

Badass, copy this down and read it every morning. Also remember, you may need to call the police and get a restraining order if she continues the stalking.

Hugs, to both The Badass and The Survivalist!

Posted by: Andrew R. ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 05:02AM

I genuinely do not understand people like this woman (I find your use of the word "lady" interesting, since she doesn't seem like one).

Cards on the table. I am one of those who sting has, and it trying to maintain, a testimony. However, I would never think of telling anyone who left the Church they are bad. I might, if they wanted to, discuss it with them. However, in general, people who's minds are made up (for or against the church) don't like conversations that seem like they are trying to change the other person's mind. My own son-in-law is one who has decided that he no longer believes. Other than the phone call he made in which he told me this, and that he was no longer going to church, we have not discussed his choice. He is welcome at all family gatherings. My parents, my wife's parents, all our siblings, just treat him as we always have. Why would it have to be anything different?

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 06:41AM

Is there a good reason you have to talk to this woman? Why not go inside and lock the door if you see her approaching and call the police if she won't leave your property?

Unless she's your probation officer or something similar to that, it would seem that you have no obligation to hear her out.

Date: October 11, 2017 01:41PM

I think she is just trying to do her calling and get people in the church again to pay tithing and so the contact begins there and then it just escalates because i blame the church for my problems and justifiably so, and my counselors will agree the church is at the core of everything that happened to me. So i just retaliate i guess but she knows damn well i told her to leave me alone a while back.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 07:17AM

Tell her, next time, 'do you know JS raped teenagers?', 'Do you know the BoM is fake and made up from 5 other books JS copied from?'

Blow her mind, then walk away.

Posted by: Andrew R. ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 08:10AM

Why do you believe this would "blow her mind". I think she would just say it is lies.

Date: October 12, 2017 11:41AM

I did say the teenagers thing. And i did say the book was plagarized.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 11:35AM

badassadam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think she is just trying to do her calling

Ask the bishop if this is her calling.

Posted by: Anon 2 ( )
Date: October 13, 2017 08:30PM

The majority of American people would put out a restraining order against this woman. Have her arrested for harassment. You have more than enough things on your plate. Call the police in to your home and they will go to her home and talk to the woman.
You guys are all being overly nice, which I guess is admirable, and trying to understand her and her place.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.