Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 03:17AM

It works. I signed up to play in a card tournament called magic in the mall and i did not think about any of my problems. The people i met and played against were kind of nerdy but atleast they were authentic which was huge for me. Its been so long since i have been around real human beings. The badass felt accepted and my social skills have definitely improved. I collected X-men cards when i was a kid and this made me think of those days. So play cards with people i highly suggest it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 08:05AM

Having a good time always help to disconnect you from the bad things.
And social life is always welcome(at least for me), it doesn't matter if they are nerdy, the important thing is that you had a good time.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 11:39AM

But don't go out like Tycho Brahe did! Take a break when you need to!!

Date: October 07, 2017 02:00PM

Dont know who that is but i can see how taking a break would be good. It got pretty intense i almost beat a 22 year veteran on my third game.

Date: October 07, 2017 02:06PM

Mucho Brahe was an old-timely dude, an astronomer before telescopes, who died of the effects of a burst bladder when he way over-politely refused to leave the dinner table before his monarch did!

Date: October 07, 2017 02:09PM

I will remember this old dog, i will remember these wise words for round two.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 12:21PM

I've enjoyed playing card games at various points in my life. As long as you are not gambling with your meager funds, go for it.

Date: October 07, 2017 01:58PM

I am not gambling and there was no prize money. They just handed me a deck to play with and they taught me and it was kind of fun. But some people take that card game waaaaay too seriously.

Date: October 07, 2017 01:59PM

That's cuz they miss the stress...

Posted by: uhhsoyeah ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 06:21PM

Magic the Gathering? We have thousands of cards scattered around my house. I don't play (haven't in years, anyway) but my kids do, and they got a bunch of early series cards from their dad, so that's cool I guess.

Date: October 07, 2017 08:04PM

Yes magic the gathering. Its kind of a frustrating game for a beginner.

Posted by: Anon 2 ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 12:03AM

Tycho? He's running around doing Penny Arcade and other cons. Talk about busy. Both are trashed.
Twitch has all kinds of games to join, all day, every day.badass, you're right that it will make the hours too.Magic you can get the cards but Skyrim or Minecraft. Remember to use cream on neck and to use neck brace. While twitch is a streaming channel you don't need net flix or apple to join.

Date: October 09, 2017 12:07AM

I have tried icyhot on the neck and it kind of helps maybe. Still don't know what twitch is.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 03:29PM

Don't worry.
It's a streaming (internet) service where you can sit on your butt on your couch and "play" with people sitting on their butts on their couch in other parts of the world.

The good part for you was getting out and meeting real people. That's not going to happen with Twitch.
Stick with your way :)

Date: October 09, 2017 03:33PM

Yes its very important that i am around real people i think. They are real and authentic which is what i want to be. And i think it will help with my social skills.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 04:38PM

I joined the church back in the Spencer W. Kimball days. He taught everyone to throw away playing cards--they're evil. They reinforced in Seminary that playing cards was unwholesome and wrong. I told all my friends and relatives that I could not play, and thus never learned how to play the games. I also missed out on the fun of the Bingo-for-Charity games in my community. For years I avoided raffles, but finally gave in when I saw the good they often did for communities. What a stupid church. I'm glad you got to have fun and socialize playing cards.

Date: October 09, 2017 05:12PM

Holy sh#t so thats why mormons are afraid of cards i finally understand. If you cant play cards with your friends what the hell can you do in the religion? Read the ensign or something? Man totally control every aspect of your life. They should of taught dont give away money because it is evil but they would go under if they did that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.