Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 02:20PM

Sorry, Mormons...there's only one god -- at least according to the Vatican

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vatican-observatory-alien-jesus_us_55bf8ae3e4b0d4f33a03586a

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 02:24PM

And they know that because...?

Oh, right. They're just making stuff up. Like mormons.
Never mind then.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 09:17AM

roman catholicism just keeps on getting stupider and stupider.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 09:36AM

Thank goodness they're spiking the sacramental wine.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 10:37AM

They would just be a hilarious side show if they weren't contributing to issues like supporting removal of birth control from insurance offered by employers.

When they talk about baptizing everything, it makes me think of a dog running around peeing on everything to mark his territory.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 12:56AM

You do know the Vatican Observatory is staffed by actual astonomers? Their opinions on Jesus and his role are a matter of faith, but their views on astronomy are scholarly.Geesh.Did some of you people even read the article?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 12:59AM by bona dea.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 01:01AM

since now Mormons are trying to explain away their anthropotheism and polytheism with the "multiple gods in multiple universes" dodge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 01:04AM by anybody.

Date: October 08, 2017 01:07AM

Actually, I was referring the usual Catholic bashers who are as bad as misinformed, and hateful as the Muslim bashers. According to them the Catholics cant do anything right. I found your post interesting and pretty neutral.Sorry if you thought I was dissing you.

Date: October 08, 2017 01:12AM

I wasnt aware that Mormons are using the multiple universe theory to bolster their theology.That is funny.These days I dont pay that much attention.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 03:33AM

I'm much more interested in the Vatican's secret team of vampire slayers.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 01:11PM

Maybe you mean these guys:

Article from 2012 but pretty funny.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/american-exorcist-in-training-shares-his-experience

Mormons need much better props and costumes if they want to compete.

Don't worry, I'm sure they are actually trained psychologists and this is just their personal beliefs.

Enjoy:

So an exorcist dialogues with the devil?
“Yes, I ask them a series of questions: ‘What’s your name?’ since when you use his name in a command it weakens him.” Once a demon gives his name, the exorcist then tells him to “get out” and also might ask “how he got in and when he’s going to leave.”

“The last one, it’s like they’ve all been coached with the same line, ‘I’m never leaving,’ but they will someday!”
The key is to limit dialogue, said the trainee exorcist. “You don’t want to ask them questions just out of curiosity, that’s not healthy.”

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 01:57PM

Poor churches just can't keep with science. It was so much easier prior to the internet when they could cover it up easier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 01:57PM by Atari.

Date: October 08, 2017 03:27PM

The Vatican Observatory is staffed with qualified scientists.and is a respected institution regardless of your opinion. The exorcist is another matter, but exorcism is isnt exactly a common thing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 03:34PM by bona dea.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 10:36AM

bona dea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Vatican Observatory is staffed with qualified
> scientists.and is a respected institution
> regardless of your opinion.

They don't gain any respect when they make pronouncements on how many Jesus-things there are in the universe. In fact, they lose a great deal.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 12:32AM

Well, why not.

Looking at NASA pictures from Mars,for example, it looks like the Nevada desert.
There may or may not be geometric structures, perhaps left over from a previous civilization million of years ago.

It will be fun to see when we get there in the not too distant future.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 09:46AM

If I were a believer this would be my stance as well. I'm not all that worked up over the logic that there would only be one savior.

I'm also not real sure why I care what the Vatican Observatory would think. True astronomers or not this is 100% a theological statement. Any number of unaffiliated scientists would say that the probability of ET life is very high. The only reason I would care what these specific scientists are saying it is simply because of their affiliation.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.