Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 04:19PM

Fuck all churches that pretend to help people and try to get out of it. All i need to do is make 800 bucks a month and i think i will be good. I think i can pull that off. And if i can't then maybe i will deserve whatever happens to me. Fuck the morg. Braintwisting motherfuckers. Sorry i said cussing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 05:45PM

It's great if you can, but have you given up on going the attorney/social security route?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 06:03PM

"security." I know my brothers couldn't make it without that.

Date: October 05, 2017 07:58PM

SSI will only pay like 763 and i just got on disability for 774. I can not have both. Neither one can cover all of my bills.

Posted by: milquetoast ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 09:07PM

Be careful badass. Find out what the rules are for working while claiming disability. Find out what kind of work is allowed.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 04:48AM

A disabled (nonblind) person applying for or receiving SSDI cannot earn more than $1,170 per month by working. So Adam will be alright if he earns below that while collecting benefits.

Date: October 06, 2017 10:31AM

I did i can only make 1170.00 a month.

Posted by: Anon 2 ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 02:51PM

Have you gotten more cash in Idaho for disabled people called aabd which gives you an extra 53 a month? Fill out pages at Idaho health and human services. They will have someone call you and tell you all the things Idaho will give you.

Date: October 08, 2017 02:55PM

Sounds like you have it covered.
Now how much do you know about twitch, the gaming channel where you watch others game. Sit down, take a ride. World of tanks.

Date: October 08, 2017 02:58PM

Never heard of it.

Date: October 14, 2017 12:12AM

You will love twitch. Love. It is a separate gaming channel. Put twitch into your computer. Not only can you watch, join games and make money off of it. Our parrot is addicted to one of the d&d games. He has his date and time to watch these guys every week.
There is also mahjong which is more addictive than coke.

Date: October 05, 2017 11:53PM

Is $763 all you can get with an attorney helping you? if not, it still might be worthwhile to pursue that.

Date: October 06, 2017 10:34AM

Well i am not sure i just assumed an attorney could not get more than that maximum.

Date: October 07, 2017 07:39AM

badassadam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well i am not sure i just assumed an attorney
> could not get more than that maximum.

You need to see if an attorney will handle this with no cost up-front to you.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 08:53AM

Maybe Legal Aid? (free legal services for low income people)

Pocatello Legal Aid:

https://www.idaholegalaid.org/node/1058/pocatello-office-idaho-legal-aid-services

Idaho Legal Aid:

https://www.idaholegalaid.org/

Date: October 07, 2017 07:53PM

I have met with them already they cant help me until my bills go to collections.

Date: October 08, 2017 11:01PM

badassadam Wrote:
> I have met with them already they cant help me
> until my bills go to collections.

Attorneys seem to be more successful at getting larger sums, maybe through sDI - I'm not sure. regardless, an attorney may be able to get a lump some retroactive to your earlier application. You really should attempt to get an attorney to take your case on a contingency basis.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 11:19AM

You might look into working as a substitute teacher or a substitute teacher's aide in an elementary school. In some localities all you need is a high school diploma. You can work or not work on any given day. You can work half days. You could probably sit a fair amount. Most teachers give kids work packets to do, so you are mainly supervising kids as they do review work.

Date: October 06, 2017 11:21AM

I helped my dad once, he is a teacher. I hate my father so it wasnt the best idea.

Date: October 06, 2017 09:58PM

Badass, you do not need an attorney nor do you need to work part time. Monday, I want you to call All up.com. they handle ssdi for the people fora slight fee and you get the ssdi. There are companies that grind this stuff up. You're trying to do it like probono for bankruptcy and the courts eat you alive. It is the same with social security.
But yeah, you might have to move to Arizona or Colorado because of cost of living.

Allsup takes their fees out of your back ssdi that ssa owes you. Talk to them. You do nothing but sign paperwork.

Oh, I knew I had to watch this forum more. Look just do it. I have been through all of this for a gigantic number of years.

Date: October 06, 2017 09:59PM

It is Allsup.com

Date: October 07, 2017 12:18AM

Ok i will try it. I just need a badass that can fight for me right now until i get a little better. I am tired of talking to people to be honest, someone else needs to talk that knows their stuff. No offense to clueless idiots that can not help but they need to move out of the way right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 12:19AM by badassadam.

Date: October 07, 2017 03:38AM

badassadam Wrote:
> Ok i will try it. I just need a badass that can
> fight for me right now until i get a little
> better. I am tired of talking to people to be
> honest, someone else needs to talk that knows
> their stuff. No offense to clueless idiots that
> can not help but they need to move out of the way
> right now.

Please do this as soon as you're up to it. Perhaps this will be the tip that actually works for you. Meanwhile, there has to be someone here who knows enough about Go Fund Me accounts to help you set one up to get you through the interim.

Date: October 07, 2017 03:42AM

From what I hear and what I've seen in brief work stints there, the cost of living is low in some communities in the San Joaquin Valley of California but benefits are decent, as is Medicaid. It's not the best place in the world to live, but winters are mild (summers aren't) and you're not far from the Sierra Nevada mountains, not too far from the coast, and, depending upon what city you choose, you're within three or four hours of both LA or San Francisco.

Edited to add that there aren't a whole lot of Mormons there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 03:45AM by scmd.

Date: October 07, 2017 08:02PM

I dont want to do a go fund me account because even though i am getting better i dont know if i can completely get well. I still have to do atleast one more surgery and who knows after that. I dont want to waste peoples hard earned money if i am just going to give up and die anyways you know.

Date: October 08, 2017 10:57PM

I can only speak for myself, but if, in a very worst case scenario, you actually were to decide to end it all and did so, I would feel better if i had done what I could to help you. Your reason for not establishing a Go Fund me account isn't a great one. Even if you think it's a waste of money, there are some people who have money to waste. Please consider letting others help you at least a little.

Date: October 08, 2017 11:18PM

I dont even know what a go fund is or how to set one up. I dont want to take money from people like me, i would rather get money back from the morg first because of the money i put into that d@mn church, but i have been waiting for my funds to get closer to zero before i talked to them again. But at the same time i don't want to have any connections with them, they make me want to end it all even more.

Date: October 09, 2017 11:25AM

badassadam Wrote:
> I dont even know what a go fund is or how to set
> one up. I dont want to take money from people
> like me, i would rather get money back from the
> morg first because of the money i put into that
> d@mn church, but i have been waiting for my funds
> to get closer to zero before i talked to them
> again. But at the same time i don't want to have
> any connections with them, they make me want to
> end it all even more.

I hope you do get money back from the church. Were you to accept money via Go Fund Me, you would be accepting money from people who are like you in many ways and have been in your situation financially but, for the most part, are now recovered financially to some degree and would like to help others as we have been helped. It's up to you - you now get to make decisions for yourself - but at least keep the idea in the back of your mind in the event that you really need it.

Date: October 06, 2017 10:37PM

Pocatello is listed as one of the least expensive places to live in America.

It can't compete with Arizona winters. But summers it is much milder.

Colorado is very expensive to live as well, is it not? Pocatello isn't anywhere near as expensive as there.

Date: October 06, 2017 11:47PM

It all depends case by case. He's 23. The type of benefits for him in CO is more than Idaho. But that's something for him to figure out. Living with family is always best if you can live with family.

Date: October 07, 2017 12:14AM

Cant live with family absolutely not. I have no family.

Date: October 07, 2017 12:13AM

Cost of living is pretty low here.

Date: October 07, 2017 05:58AM

If you aren't already in subsidized housing apply, apply, apply.

That will stretch your dollars each month, giving you some extra much needed cash.

Date: October 07, 2017 07:57PM

I think my case worker has applied for me or they should have applied. I think i am applied for everything right now.

Date: October 07, 2017 06:00PM

Good. Thanks. They have always been positive for me and I'm on it now.
Ssdi.
So now you start looking for a place to live or if you want to stay there. You get food stamps, meals on wheels, utilities, look for disabled people. Try, just try a 5% lidocaine rub. You're close enough to Canada to get otc and other meds. If your parents are working, you qualify to be on their insurance. But getting with the disability people Idaho with dump more money on you. Also free medical. You talk to social services at the hospital.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.