Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonski2! ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 09:50AM

This seems to be the case, in my experience. I can't tell you how many Mormons I have known who have inflated views of themselves and their talents. I've known several during my time in the church who have believed that they are going to be the next great fantasy-fiction writer, when their talent is middling at best...Elders Quorum Presidents who couldnt lead a hamster to drink out of a bowl of water, think that they are this spiritual giant of a leader and a general authority in the making..things like that.

I suppose some of this behavior is unavoidable in a religion that tells people that they have god given authority over others, that htey are a 'chosen generation' and all of that nonsense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 10:05AM

I'm not sure who you're comparing them to...?

But since mormon boys are told from the time they're born that they're destined to be holy kings of their own worlds someday, with hordes of wives at their beck and call for spiritual sex and baby-spirit-making, and that they have more "priesthood" power in their pinkie than the pope has in his whole body...

Sure. It seems likely.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 11:34AM

They don't believe they have more priesthood power in their pinkie than the pope, they think they are the only people who have the power of God on earth.
And they are the ones that Jesus loves and the ones that will go to the VIP heaven to become kings and queens.... And bla bla bla.
Not all of them are religious napoleons but all of them think mormonism is the one true and superior religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 06:26PM

luckylucas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They don't believe they have more priesthood power
> in their pinkie than the pope,


Ummmmmmm (you are wrong), that is exactly what many of them MORmONS DO believe. They (as in many MORmONS) DO believe that they have more priesthood / MORmON priestDUD power in their pinkie than the pope ( WHOEVER), WHATEVER THAT MEANS,because that is exactly what they were told by one of their vaunted
(cheesy stupid ass) MORmON leaders and then that (STUPID) commentary was relayed and conveyed and rehashed and repeated as authoritative over and over and over in replete in MORmON circles, and MORmONS believe and repeat what they are told by their vaunted MORmON leaders, just as MORmONS believe other really stupid stuff like that knowing (STUPID) secret handshakes really is a critical key to making it to MORmON heaven.

ificouldhietokolob's comment in regard to MORmON pinky fingers and MORmON PriestDUD power was very solidly grounded in actual official LDS Inc MORmON commentary, preaching and culture. (you owe him an apology)



http://scriptures.byu.edu/gettalk.php?ID=1425

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 06:48PM

I have never heard a mormon talking that people from other religion have the priesthood.
According to every mormon (who I know) they are the only people with the priesthood or the power of God because they think they are the only true church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 08:02PM

luckylucas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have never heard a mormon talking that people
> from other religion have the priesthood.

But some MORmONS did, in some sense, just as the link that I provided shows, and just as "hie" mentioned.

> According to every mormon (who I know) they are
> the only people with the priesthood or the power
> of God because they think they are the only true
> church.

you are (correctly) mentioning a prevalent absolutist stance on priesthood that MORmONS claim to maintain, but the exception is the fact that at their own peril MORmONS have not always strictly maintained that (their) stance ....after so foolishly taking it in the first place. That subsequent failure on failure constitutes another version of MORmON folly that really has happened, just as previously noted by others.

As well, That is why you should spend a moment to look at the link that I provided, because there really are variations on MORmON stupidity as facilitated by MORmON'S own inability to strictly adhere to their absolutist doctrines, as MORmONS (comically) fail to do what they are supposed to do according to their own MORmON deal.


in the absolutist sense that you mention that MORmONS so dearly love and so often employ, you are quite correct, or at least you should be.

the pinky finger priestDUD issue crops up because MORmONS so often can NOT do what they say that they should do, and priesthood power gets transitioned into the context of power in general, by MORmONS for the sake of the MORmON'S attempted argument, an argument that ends up failing so miserably.

However, it is something that MORmONS really did do, regardless of how stupid and self (serving turned self) defeating.


As well, just as ificouldhietokolob so duly and so correctly noted, MORmONS in pure MORmON style folly, did in fact step away from their purely absolutist MORmON stand that MORmONS exclusively posses priesthood power, they did that for the sake of some very convoluted and contrived and strained comparison in order to attempt to gratify themselves.

The thing that MORmONS really did was to create another MORmON folly for others to laugh at.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 08:45PM

Yeah I read it when it says that an aaronic priesthood holder have more power than the king of England.
I just wanted to make clear why I wrote that.
And about hie, I always read what he writes and I appreciate him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 11:26AM

They aren't prone--they have already cornered the market. Politicians and those famous for being famous are left to pick at the scraps.

Perhaps that is an exaggeration but I am really sick of Mormonism today and their special blend of arrogance and ignorance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 12:38PM

And they think God loves and cares about them more than any other humans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 12:46PM

I doubt no more than any other population in society.

Arrogance and pride are not necessarily the same as delusions of grandeur.

Mormons have the god identity ie, they see themselves as future gods and goddesses so see a need to getting their training now.

Pushy, arrogant, bitchy, and dishonest lying deceitful people are everywhere.

Healthy skepticism is when you learn you can't trust anyone, because just about everyone is self-serving. That's as true in religion as anywhere else. Narcissists don't have to be religious - look at Donald Trump.

What an oaf. His delusions of grandeur are self actualized, and that is damned scary because he's unleashed on the world!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 05:26PM

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say at least 35

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 06:52PM

I've read this response of your maybe six times now, Desertman, and it keeps getting better and better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 01:35PM

I think it's safe to say that many of them have the same amount as many others in society (Joel Osteen anyone?).


...but they're so hummmmmmmmmmble about it.


That's the worst, when you have to ANNOUNCE how humble you are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 02:02PM

In short: yes they do, very much so. Even i still think i am some grandeose badass from being in the church haha jk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 05:48PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 07:11PM

Yes ! Yes, they are !

......Remember when (retarded pretentious) MORmONS were certain that Shawn Bradley was going to dominate in the NBA ????? you know, the way that Shaquille O'Neal did instead!!!!

........Remember when retarded arrogant pretentious MORmON (ass holes) were absolutely certain that the NBA would end up being compelled to revolve around BYU star Jeemer Turdette (Jimmer Fredette), you know, that Jeemer was going to shake things up in the NBA the same way that Stephen Curry did instead!!!!

Remember when MORmONISM was going to take over the world ???

Yah, how is that MORmON pipe dream going ?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUYWqVvUZWQ

There is no doubt that pure unmediated ego AND delusion, the key ingredients to delusions of grandeur, are the things that drove my wife at the time (I really hate admitting that I was ever married to her) to compose the following very self centered and self elevating document that was born from MORmON delusions of grandeur and a pathological need to be relevant/important at any cost to others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjc9Gk379wE

which bears a lot of resemblance to this MORmON document that was born of MORmON delusions of grandeur and a pathological need to be relevant at any cost to others

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pace_memorandum

Which heavily relied on this MORmON document that was born of delusions of grandeur and a pathological need to be relevant/important at any cost to others

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Mormon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We0RFKOzCGY

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 08:50PM

When Mormon missionaries see Catholic nuns, they call the nuns zeros. Because zero equals none.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 08:54PM

I know I am more prone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 09:01PM

I've known quite a few Mormons that believed they were elite or extra special because they were born blue-eyed and blonde.

Controversial statement for me to make, but I had to say it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 06:49PM

Hey i thought i was special with the blue eyes and blonde hair. Turns out the world hates us the most but i blame hitler for this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Voice of Reason ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 12:35AM

Do the Osmonds have teeth?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In


Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **    **  **      **   *******   **      **  **    ** 
 **   **   **  **  **  **     **  **  **  **   **  **  
 **  **    **  **  **  **         **  **  **    ****   
 *****     **  **  **  ********   **  **  **     **    
 **  **    **  **  **  **     **  **  **  **     **    
 **   **   **  **  **  **     **  **  **  **     **    
 **    **   ***  ***    *******    ***  ***      **