Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 04:24PM

http://www.newsweek.com/mormon-church-racism-charlottesville-675327

Quentin Cook, said on Saturday: “Anyone who claims superiority under the Father’s plan because of characteristics like race, sex, nationality, language or economic circumstances is morally wrong and does not understand the Lord’s true purpose for all our Father’s children.”

So the Book of Mormon is "Morally Wrong" since it is a collection of 19th Century Racist Myths used to dehumanize Africans and Natives to justify enslaving/killing them and taking their land?

Denunciation of White Supremacy is meaningless platitudes as long as "Whiteness" is associated with "Purity, Delightsome, and virginity" while "non-whiteness" is associated with everything negative, "cursed, sinful and filthy"

As long as these scriptures remain in print, Mormonism is the most racist, white supremacist religion on the planet. How anybody lets them get away with claiming otherwise is just irresponsible journalism.

2 Nephi 5: 21

'And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.'

Alma 3: 6

'And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.'

2 Nephi 30: 6

"...their scales of darkness shall begin to fall from their eyes; and many generations shall not pass away among them, save they shall be a white and a delightsome people."

NOTE: THE TERM 'WHITE' WAS CHANGED TO 'PURE' IN 1981.
3 Nephi 2:15

"And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites."

Jacob 3: 5, 8-9

5 Behold, the Lamanites your brethren, whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins, are more righteous than you; for they have not forgotten the commandment of the Lord, which was given unto our father—that they should have save it were one wife, and concubines they should have none, and there should not be whoredoms committed among them.

8 O my brethren, I fear that unless ye shall repent of your sins that their skins will be whiter than yours, when ye shall be brought with them before the throne of God.

9 Wherefore, a commandment I give unto you, which is the word of God, that ye revile no more against them because of the darkness of their skins; neither shall ye revile against them because of their filthiness; but ye shall remember your own filthiness, and remember that their filthiness came because of their fathers.

1 Nephi 12:23

23 And it came to pass that I beheld, after they had dwindled in unbelief they became a dark, and loathsome, and a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations.

1 Nephi 13:15

15 And I beheld the Spirit of the Lord, that it was upon the Gentiles, and they did prosper and obtain the land for their inheritance; and I beheld that they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people before they were slain.

Mormon 5:15

15 And also that the seed of this people may more fully believe his gospel, which shall go forth unto them from the Gentiles; for this people shall be scattered, and shall become a dark, a filthy, and a loathsome people, beyond the description of that which ever hath been amongst us, yea, even that which hath been among the Lamanites, and this because of their unbelief and idolatry.

Moses 7:8

8 For behold, the Lord shall curse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.
Moses 7:22

And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.

Abraham 1:21-24,27

Now this king of Egypt was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites by birth.
From this descent sprang all the Egyptians, and thus the blood of the Canaanites was preserved in the land.
The land of Egypt being first discovered by a woman, who was the daughter of Ham, and the daughter of Egyptus, which in the Chaldean signifies Egypt, which signifies that which is forbidden;
When this woman discovered the land it was under water, who afterward settled her sons in it; and thus, from Ham, sprang that race which preserved the curse in the land.
Now, Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could not have the right of Priesthood, notwithstanding the Pharaohs would fain claim it from Noah, through Ham, therefore my father was led away by their idolatry;

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 04:28PM

Ignore that scripture behind the curtain. It was WordOfGod V1.0. Click here for a free upgrade.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 04:38PM

They have to counteract their announcement in favor of sexual supremacy.

Assboogers

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 04:40PM

To paraphrase the US Supreme Court:

They have no standing to make such a claim.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 08:08PM

It's morally wrong now, but 40 years ago, it was "god's will."

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 08:42PM

Teat in a Wringer,

Knickers in a twist.

What of 'the olders' who were continually if not Constantly taught this as "God's mind & will"?

They (GAs) get yet another lesson on the results-outcome of
a) Straying So Far away from the Basics of Christ-Like living
b) Years of focus on Joe & Company...

Think they'll learn?

me: We can anticipate More dilution & ambiguity in the future from tscc...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2017 08:46PM by GNPE.

Posted by: levantis ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 11:41PM

Kinda like what Brigham Young did? XD

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: October 02, 2017 11:55PM

...and yet the church's highest and most prized of educational instutions is named after a white supremist.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 12:57AM

actually, even tho only a slight sematic difference, I think the word Racist fits better, partially because ... didn't "White Supremacist" come into use long after he was dead(?)

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 11:31PM

If there was no one who was ever a white supremist before Brigham Young, then Brigham was the first white supremist. Brigham wasn't just prejudiced, he believed and taught that black people were cursed by god, making every white person divinely superior to any black person. By definition, that is white supremacy.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 01:06AM

TSCC would be willing to let every Negro drive a Cadillac if they could afford it.

Posted by: pettigrew ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 04:55AM

“Wife with a purpose” still a member in good standing.

2nd Nephi 5: 21 (as mentioned earlier.

The Church doesn’t condemn racism, it condemns other peoples racism but does nothing to eradicate its own. Lip service and disingenuous PR, nothing more.

Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 11:47PM

Abraham 1:21-24,27
Reads like someone in the 8th grade. Abraham really said:
Now, Pharaoh being of that lineage......

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 06:53AM

My problem is that they make it sound like it was all their idea, and a totally new development in the history of mankind. So typical. They simply cannot take the moral lead in calling out people, especially their own members, who espouse immoral causes until their silence is condemned by the rest of the public. Then they finally discover that they had the right point of view all along, and that everybody else (i.e., "the world") is wallowing in unimaginable sin and mental depravity.

When, when , when will they realize that it does not matter if the "church is true"? When will they ever wake up (like most people on this board) and realize that their penchant for leading from behind makes them look like a bunch of fools?

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 08:33AM

slskipper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My problem is that they make it sound like it was
> all their idea, and a totally new development in
> the history of mankind. So typical. They simply
> cannot take the moral lead in calling out people,

I wish I knew for certain exactly where Cook was coming from in his own mind with his remarks. While I find the church's condemnation of racism to be of the "too little, too late" variety, still I'm relieved to a degree of an acknowledgment of the wrongness of racism despite the inherent ignoring or even lying about the church's own past role in racism.

If Cook's intent was to call out the nation at large on racist attitudes and actions, I would consider his remarks to be utterly reprehensible, and, as slskipper so eloquently expressed, the very epitome of "leading from behind." If his comments were more directed at that segment of the church holding to the antiquated preexistence belief along with the mindset that the blacks having been granted the opportunity to hold the priesthood was not an acknowledgement either of the worthiness of blacks or of an acknowledgment that the ban had been an error in the first place, but rather that Earth is in its final days and that the fullness of time must move along whether or not people of color are sufficiently worthy, I would consider his words to be almost appropriate in considering the mentality of the most troglodyte-like among the LDS church's membership. Even under the latter possibility, Cook's pronouncement would certainly been something of a "duh" moment [I would hope] to the vast majority even of the LDS, but there's that segment of the LDS population still struggling to grasp the concept of the Earth's spherical dimensions. Because I cannot know from which point of view Cook spoke, I am, then, unsure as to whether to consider his sermon to be reprehensible or sadly appropriate.

Regarding "the church is true," My dad subscribed to the daily newspaper from a mid-sized city west coast in the mission over which he presided in the late eighties and early nineties. An obituary for a woman who was one of something like fifteen siblings in an LDS family in that city ended with the words, "P.S. The church is true!" My dad read the obituary aloud to those of us who were present, then commented, "Do they really have no idea just how ridiculous that sounds?" While we're close to running out of time where my dad is concerned, there is hope yet.

Date: October 05, 2017 04:00PM

They have painted themselves into a corner and now they are just desperately grasping at straws to get out of the "racist' label.
Its a lot like Joseph's Myth claiming he only had one wife when we all know he not only hsd many, he was raping his followerz wives and teensgers without any legitimate marriage, since there is no way to "marry" somebody who is already msrried.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 09:32AM

So does that mean big changes are coming to the Book of Mormon?

Date: October 04, 2017 12:14PM

Theyd have to redact half of it, the half that makes MORmONism uniquely racist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2017 03:52PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 09:23AM

They could just make it politically correct. "Melanin-challenged and delightful," or "Melanin-laden and odious."

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 04:23PM

Judic West named his fraternal twin boys Melanin & Melanout... They are total studs, obviously, since the poor guys have had to fight their way through childhood and adolescence.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 07:20PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Judic West named his fraternal twin boys Melanin &
> Melanout... They are total studs, obviously,
> since the poor guys have had to fight their way
> through childhood and adolescence.

I kind of always favored Melanin...... Total Stud. Smart, funny and sexy.

Posted by: Micharl ( )
Date: October 05, 2017 04:48PM

Read the book of Mormon. This is all lost on them.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 07:55PM

Good finds. I can't believe I ever believed in that bullshit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.