Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 03:38PM

...this is another sister, not quite as right wing as the other. She's 82 and in decent shape, although she's suffering from bad knees and arthritis, so she lives with her daughter and her husband (both TBM with a kid on a mission).

She was never active until about 20 years ago and went on a mission for a year and had a tough time. To avoid a long story, she sent me an email a couple of weeks ago and in it she wrote this and she wrote this:

"BTW the Church locator service emailed me last week asking for your address. Guess what, I don't have it. I just have your email address and phone number. What would you want me to do? It's up to you." (I moved a few weeks ago and I haven't given her my address only because we seldom if ever write snail mail.

I'm happy to give her my address since she always sends me $20 for my birthday. I don't want her to give it to the TSCC. She knows I've not been active for 20+ years but doesn't know my opinion etc.

Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 03:41PM

Call me on your birthday and I'll help you spend the $20!!

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 03:44PM

Good idea. Last year, I used it to take my granddaughter to a movie around my birthday. She's a nice young lady, but 14 now and doesn't have much interest in spending time with grandpa.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.