Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 02:10PM

If you don't know who he is, don't worry, he regurgitates old mopologies, but...

...there's something else that bugged me about him and I just figured out what it is, from the intro to his blog about the BoM being true: "I can still remember the exact spot I was sitting when I knew the Book of Mormon was true. I was in a beach chair on my balcony in Corona Del Mar, California waiting to go surfing."

Translation (in my best California surfer dude voice): "I'm cool, and I got hella money, and now that I'm a Mormon I can be smug about it but act all humble and stuff."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 02:44PM

Yes, Mormon bragging has to avoid the very appearance of bragging.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 03:31PM

It's a pretty looking site, but that mindset reminds me of why Mormonism can't really be fixed. It's not fixable.

Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 03:33PM

I've seen several of those mopologists over the years suddenly become exmormons.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 03:41PM

Some of these people get paid for their blogs and videos, though they try to keep it quiet.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 11:07PM

Corona del Morg? WTF!

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: September 22, 2017 03:38AM

I suspect Trimble hopes to rise up the priesthood ladder.

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: September 22, 2017 12:08PM

I've read a number of his posts. Trimble knows TBMs are starving for examples of "cool" Mormons. It's no different than the tattooed Mormon girl and all the annoying, but famous, Mormon musicians.

He's also a master of tapping into emotional feelings through cheesy stories and of course, always ending with a burning in the bosom.

TBMs are desperate to be viewed as normal. Greg Trimble fits perfectly with their cog dis.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 22, 2017 01:06PM

I wonder if he would have "known" the made-up BoM was "true" if he had pondered it while sitting in a sweat shop in front of an old broken-down machine, making pennies a day to produce clothes that an American company would sell for $200 apiece?

Or is his "testimony" based on the fact that he had the time and money to sit in a beach chair on expensive SoCal real estate, relaxing and thinking about taking his board out into the water...?

Not that it really matters, since evidence shows the BoM is not "true" in any sense of that word, despite his irrational, unfounded, unsupportable belief that it is...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.