Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedocumentor ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 05:19PM

Did you ever wonder why TSCC needs that vault in Little Cottonwood Canyon to "protect" those geneological records?

Here's what is probably the REAL reason. Perhaps this info is well-known; I can't say.

A new book by Garrett Graff, "Raven Rock", is about US gov't efforts in the 'fifties and 'sixties to "protect" key govt officials in the event of a catastrophic bombing, i.e. A- or H-bomb.

Graff reports that a bank vault built by Mosler Safe Co. survived the Hiroshima bombing intact. Then the US govt had Mosler build a vault to be tested in another A-bomb test in the US. That vault survived basically intact, too.

THEN, TSCC hired Mosler to build the Little Cottonwood Canyon vault.

Think about this: does TSCC really need such a vault to protect records, which can be photocopied and stored in multiple places around the world?

Or would it spend all that money to protect its own top-ranking guys?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 05:44PM

The vault lacks the medical, sanitation, food storage, drinkable water, fuel, power, communications and living resouces to be an effective shelter.

Rest assured several such bunkers exist to preserve the restored priesthood, just you need a top sacred security clearance to know the deatails.

Posted by: thedocumentor ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 05:48PM

But isn't it true that people work in the vault, which means they'd need water, toilet facilities, etc?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 11:16PM

For workers day to day needs they can pipe in water and run electrical lines. Food is brought from home. Medical emergencies can be air lifted out.

After a nuclear attack fallout is the most dangerous thing to face. Nuclear fallout decays over time. Mostly within 30 to 90 days depending on yield, materials used to make the device and if it was an air burst or ground burst.

Fall out reaches resivoirs and contaminates water. It falls on grass lands and contaminates animals from within. Certain crops would be destroyed or contaminated.

The electromagnetic pulse would cause powerlines and generators to fail.

No food or goods will be available. Interstate and inter city commerce will fail.

To survive one will need extensive food, water and fuel/power sources and the means to rebuild.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 01:26AM

According to these two reports, there is a reservoir of water inside the vault

http://www.salamandersociety.com/museum/vault/

http://mormonc*rtain.com/topic_churchvaults.html

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 01:27AM

Replace the "*" with a "u" in second link.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 05:54PM

So much is unknown about the content of the church vaults. But at the time they were built, microfilm was state of the art. It required temperature and humidity controls. Plus a lot of what's known to be in the vaults is stuff, things and papers dating back to 1830.

Apparently no serious, thorough effort to catalog the content has been made. While apocryphal, the story that Mark Hofmann had someone on the inside smuggle out old letters from the "F" vault, which Hofmann then sold back to the church, does not boggle the mind.

Another exmo site has attempted to preserve a record of goings-on at the vaults. Go to mormon*curtain(dot)com and scroll down to the church vaults heading. You won't feel fully satisfied, mainly because los mormones have done a good job of keeping a lot of the content secret.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 12:57PM

As I recall, residual radiation from the Nevada nuclear tests was causing the microfilm records to deteriorate. Those "corporate" records. tithings, properties, etc. are kept in vaults other than the "Notorious F Vault" where access is limited to the FP...

Years ago, Steve Benson and I had lunch with a poster, "Former Church Insider," (are you still around big guy? I'm at the same e-mail) who described having been inside the structures. He noted that "everything in the F vault was very, very old," and Mark Hofmann was identified as the "reason" that access was denied (Will Bagley and I have a fantasy about being allowed in, of course, but it won't happen). I'm actually in possession of a copy of an ancestor's diary that passed through Hofmann's hands (and is authentic; Mark was "salting his own mine), and it would be interesting to see if its "provenance" could be traced back to the F Vault... Recall that Hofmann was the "church golden boy" before he was exposed as a fraud and committed cold-blooded murder in a pathological attempt to "cover his tracks."

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 01:58AM

No inventory:

If a church enemy sued the church & wanted to subpoena an list of contents...
There Isn't One!

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 07:56AM

But is there room for a white horse?

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 03:44PM

and a salamander, same color.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 22, 2017 01:50PM

I was told by a missionary from Adam-on=di-Omen many moons ago that there was a special place on the property reserved for the prophet to meet with Jesus when he returns the special priesthood keys to the earth. He mentioned it was a group of special rooms. He went around to different stakes in the midwest giving this little speech.

More recently I met a former professor I knew personally from BYU-I who was also a missionary there and he said it was an old wives tale. There is no special building or meeting place. Everything there can be seen by anyone and it's not much.

Who knows.

Personally, if the world gets that bad I'd like to be one of the first to go. Last thing I want is to be one of those left living only to serve the GA's who want to dominate and lead the world order. YIKES! What a thought.

Posted by: Jerome ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 11:44AM

When I went to Adam Ondi Ahman about 15 years ago, I saw nothing but farm ground. It looked like they were growing soybeans.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 01:20PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.