Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 08:15PM

I really have made the right decision and to strengthen my own convictions. This time i watched the unedited version for the first time and it was so creepy i still cant believe it. Does anybody else do things like this just to make extra sure its just mind controlling bullsh#t?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 09:04PM

Creepy doesn't even begin to describe it, my less-than-desirable-derriered-friend.

Going through it...ugh. :)

Date: September 13, 2017 10:41PM

I cant even imagine going through it myself after watching that unedited version. I still dont understand why this is such a high and mighty thing among mormons, is it just insane brainwashing? Or programming to accept this weirdness. I still cant believe it all, its such a betrayel to me and every honest person in the church that doesnt know about it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 11:01PM

I think it's mostly knowing, and fearing, how The Elect will talk about you if you bring up the fact that the emperor is nude, and its not a good look. So you go along to get along. After all, it can't hurt, right?

The majority of us who reached the celestial room muttering WTF!?! found a way to keep plugging away. But we finally caught the right wave, they were bat shit crazy, not us!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 11:04PM by elderolddog.

Date: September 14, 2017 12:13AM

Gotcha so thats why everybody just rolled along with it and just tried to continue on in the church as if nothing weird had happened.

Posted by: huller ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 11:22PM

The Emperor's New Clothes" (Danish: Kejserens nye Klæder) is a short tale written by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen,

A vain emperor who cares about nothing except wearing and displaying clothes hires two con-men weavers who promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is either unfit for his position or "hopelessly stupid". The emperor's ministers cannot see the clothes themselves, but pretend that they can for fear of appearing unfit for their positions, and the emperor does the same. Finally, the weavers report that the suit is finished, they mime dressing him, and the emperor marches in procession before his subjects. The townsfolk play along with the pretense, not wanting to appear unfit for their positions or stupid. Then, a child in the crowd, too young to understand the desirability of keeping up the pretense, blurts out that the emperor is wearing nothing at all, and the cry is taken up by others. The emperor realizes the assertion is true but continues the procession.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor%27s_New_Clothes

https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-emperor-has-no-clothes-mean

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 10:54PM

What words can people come up with to describe it?

Abusive. Like the 5 points of fellowship back before when? Here you are in this inside of knee to inside of knee, breast to breast, can't remember the other 3 points, in this "intimate" embrace with someone you don't even know and can't see who always had really bad breath, pretending to be God. Ask the women about the 6th point of fellowship.

I found the veil to be one of the most abusive parts of the whole thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 10:55PM by cl2.

Date: September 14, 2017 12:10AM

I dont understand the whole five points of fellowship thing, was it just an excuse to hold women or something? Or was it necessary to get into the celestial kingdom?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 12:42AM

after this much-hyped and bewildering experience.

I remember thinking "WTF???" and SO hoping that it didn't show, in my expression. I just KNEW that something had to be wrong with me, because I didn't feel all radiant and enlightened.

And everybody else expects you to say how wonderful it was. That was even weirder than the experience itself.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 01:19AM

Yes This!!
I really thought that there was something wrong with me. Everybody was beaming and smiling and gushing and sooooo happy.

And I thought: "wait.. was that IT?"

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 02:39AM

made me feel that I had come home.

I was still attending church, but starting to feel uncomfortable there. As you know, you can't really TALK about this stuff to anybody there, and I was married to a TBM, so aside from my best friend (an agnostic nevermo who couldn't understand why I was doing this to myself), there was nobody I could talk to.

RfM helped me SO much! They helped me dig my way out, and resign. I still hang around just because I love this community and want to help newbies who are going through what so many of us have.

Date: September 15, 2017 11:34AM

It was waaaaaaay overhyped. I still cant get over the hype that i thought it was supposed to be. I was expecting some proof of knowledge from the other side or something.

Date: September 14, 2017 09:46AM

Was the entire endowment copied or just part of it?

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 11:30AM

Instead of watching the endowment, try having sex with your temples clothes on.

Defile the holy robes! Laugh at the cult!

Date: September 15, 2017 11:35AM

Jesus i never got temple clothes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.