Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NeverReallyThere ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 06:25PM

I'm moving within a few months and I don't want TSCC following me there. How long before moving should I resign to mke sure they don't have any sort of trail? I'm planning to use quit Mormon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 06:52PM

I would do it now. You might consider doing it using the instructions on this site:

http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm

Sending an email would be fine. At most, it will take 60 days, but could be a lot faster. Last I heard, the Quit Mormon site is really backed up.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 07:21PM

If you're thinking of timing it so that you're gone before the local people can look for you, but soon enough so that won't be trying to find you so they can forward your records, I'd say 10 days to two weeks.

You can say that you don't want any contact, but some wards still like to get a last shot in. With good timing, you can leave a good forwarding address with the USPS and not worry about hearing from the saints in your new locale.

Best of luck! If you're moving to North Orange County, CA, email me when you get here and I'll take you to the best Mexican restaurant in a 30 mile radius!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.