Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 04:56PM

Now wait. I'm no historian, but wasn't Eliza pregnant with JS's baby and Emma pushed her down the stairs? Or was it just something I read in "Saints" by what's his name. So if this story is true, JS didn't marry her AFTER the rape, if there was one, but before the rape.

My younger and disabled brother thinks he is quite the mechanic as my dad taught ag mechanics and was a farmer. So my brother started a fire under his truck one day. He got out and he was okay, though they transferred him to U of U to the burn center. He had burns on his head, arms, hands, etc., but none where the garments were. My mother was making a big deal of it and I said, "BUT MOM, it burned his HEAD." I caught her off guard and then she agreed with me. She had that attitude of "OH MY, YOU'RE RIGHT."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 07:21PM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now wait. I'm no historian, but wasn't Eliza
> pregnant with JS's baby and Emma pushed her down
> the stairs?

That's the story. It may or may not be true.
If so, that would refute this "LDS Scholar's" claim that the rape made her unable to have children, and that Smith only married her to give her "spiritual comfort," both of which are dubious (and typically apologetic) claims on their face...

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 09:00PM

Emma Smith is guilty of infanticide.

Yes. She absolutely pushed Eliza down a flight of stairs killing an unborn child.

This has been discussed previously, but I know there were witnesses to the event.

This "knowledge" was well known in the early church. Since Eliza was prominent in utah, Emma was minimized in part because of what she did to Eliza.

This story has been handed down from generation to generation in my family. One of my ancestors Patty Sessions, who was a midwife, attended Eliza and from her family came my knowledge of this event.

Remember Emma previousl displayed her disapproval of Joseph's wives when she drove Fanny Alger out of the house.

The current church praises the horse stealing, baby killing Emma as an example of an "elect lady" and Joseph's only true love. Nothing is further from the truth.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 05:56PM

One of the last times I attended Sunday School the teacher was telling about a Mormon soldier in Iraq who had the misfortune to get blown up by a roadside bomb. The explosion blew off his legs, his arms....and his head. Of course he was killed but miraculously the area covered by his garments was untouched!
I doubt if the tale is even true, but even so skeptical me didn't find that story faith promoting in the least.

Posted by: boydslittlefactory ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 07:30PM

If true, the story is very inspirational. Just think about that soldier being resurrected and inheriting the Celestial Kingdom. With his torso and "man parts" intact, he will still have the potential to attain godhood and father lots of spirit children!

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 07:03PM

If the LDS church was smart they'd build burkas out of garments as a uniform for their own private army. They'd be unstoppable!!! Bullets, rocket-propelled grenades, artillery rounds, nuclear bombs, etc. would be harmless to them.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 07:13PM

... and they'd be armed with dusty-heeled shoes...

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 07:26PM

That's right! The Manhattan project and Hiroshima and Nagasaki and all those "nuclear tests" were just a cover story for pissed off missionaries with dusty shoes.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 07:27PM

and, to boot, we all know how accurate/truthful the LDS telling of these events is, Don't We ?!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 09:26PM

Does anyone else see the irony of a site called LDS Smile with the headline "Eliza R. Snow was gang raped?"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.