Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 02:18PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/10-happiest-states-in-america_us_59b7fc53e4b027c149e2bdae?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Maybe all that Prozac is what does it?

Either that or self reporters are following "The Plan of HappinessĀ®" which only leads to Prozac Prescription when it doesn't actually result in happiness. Mormons are indoctrinated to believe that if they just follow the "Plan of HappinessĀ®" it will result in actual enduring happiness. When it doesn't, predictably, they turn to prescription drugs to solve the problem.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 02:36PM

Yep you got it. Because it doesnt produce real happiness so they have to turn to the drug.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 05:09PM

She was ASTONISHED at the number of weepy Mormon women who would come in, sob that they were doing everything "right," but were absolutely miserable. They got positive feedback from spouses and bishops, so WHY were they so unhappy?

Cuz turned to me for info, as I had been a Mo convert of a few years. The questions she asked me turned on light bulbs for both of us.

She told me years later, "I wanted to scream at ALL of you to get the He!! out of the Mormon Church, but I was pretty sure that would not help. I'm glad you did it on your own."

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 06:09PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 06:15PM

I hate that mormon smile, pretending. Most of the mormon women I've talked to are not happy. One of my favorites who is now in her 80s and everyone in the ward loved, I became her VT years ago. My husband at the time told me to ask her how she does it and then she told me how she struggled with depression. We became really close friends, so I heard a lot. She stopped me once when I was out walking and said, "Did you know that JS's father drank alcohol?" (And some others she mentioned.) She said, "Do you know how much happier I'd be if I could drink alcohol?" This was when I had been inactive a LONG TIME.

She didn't like her husband much. She had a lot of kids and one that had cerebral palsy who she is still taking care of and she is in her 80s.

Since I've left the church, many of my neighbors have told me how unhappy they really are and how their husbands don't understand them. Two of them were R.S. presidents and one of them was the bishop's wife (they lived next door). The bishop's wife was looking for an apartment and she asked me if the ward would be upset if she left him. She didn't, but she was very miserable.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 06:24PM

Depression does not require anything but a problem with one's blood sugar. And it is most largely genetic. Drinking coffee is more important in fighting depression than is alcohol. Indeed you will not more depression among alcoholics. Eating meat is also good against depression - also contrary to the WoW.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.