Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:28PM

How did i not see this before? Even my fathers new wife was trying to manipulate me on the phone today to get me to borrow my truck. Jesus christ, is there anybody in this town that wants to help me for real besides my counselors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:30PM

Yes, if you want to consider RfM as "your town."

Date: September 13, 2017 01:51PM

Yes this is definitely my town

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:32PM

I think the Good Lord Above helps those that help themselves. So your Father's new wife was just trying to help herself to your truck!

And no, unless you go back to the cult and grovel for forgiveness, you are not likely to find much help "for real" where you live. You might find some help as a means to try and get you back into the cult though.

Date: September 13, 2017 01:40PM

The cult doesnt help anyways even if i grovel

Date: September 13, 2017 01:44PM

And i am not in the mood to battle a parody poster right now if thats what you are. You are no better than the mormons that you talk like.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:57PM

badassadam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And i am not in the mood to battle a parody poster
> right now if thats what you are. You are no
> better than the mormons that you talk like.

I post under my real name. I don't hide behind an alias. So kinda hard to be a parody poster.

The Mormons are certainly better at helping those who play by their club rules, than those who do not. I think we can agree on that. Therefore the Mormon club members are not about to give you much help, unless they think it will help get you back into the super special club.

To help you without you needing to be following their infinite club rules, or without them having an agenda to get you back in, well that would be a little too Christian like for Mormons.

Date: September 13, 2017 02:02PM

I agree i think i just misread your posts and i just got done with a phone call that pissed me off. They all know i am struggling financially but they still want to use me it blows my mind. I have been calling the catholics and leaving them messages for christs sakes to see if they could help me a little bit with bills.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 04:49PM

badassadam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree i think i just misread your posts and i
> just got done with a phone call that pissed me
> off. They all know i am struggling financially
> but they still want to use me it blows my mind. I
> have been calling the catholics and leaving them
> messages for christs sakes to see if they could
> help me a little bit with bills.

I don't think Darren Steers intended anything he wrote to be unkind. He was more or less agreeing with you. I'm glad you re-read. You have enough troubles in real life. You don't need them here.

Date: September 13, 2017 06:28PM

I know i am just venting steam on here. I am not sure how to handle some of my troubles and i am kind of panicking i guess.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 02:00PM

Treat Mormons like business people. Tell people they can borrow your truck for a price! (Money or services like making dinner for you, cleaning your house or yard, etc. Be overly polite, and stand your ground.

Date: September 13, 2017 02:06PM

I stood my ground instead of them making me feel guilty and letting them walk over me like i used to. But i didnt even want to do it for a price and thats pretty bad cause i am struggling financially.

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 02:07PM

Let's enter to a TBM's mind: TBM's were born in the most important time of this world, they have the fulness of the gospel which means they have the only way to salvation/exaltation and they believe they are the only true church on earth or the restoration of the church JC had established in ancient times.
So, that show they probably think they are the center of the universe (not all of them, there are good people everywhere). And they just use and abuse of people because of that, I guess they feel justified when they do it.
There are bad people everywhere but there are also people who made bad things because of the brainwashing.

Date: September 13, 2017 02:18PM

They definitely think they are something special and that the world revolves around them. I am just a moon orbiting their planet.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 06:33PM

I'm actually really disillusioned once again by mormons. I'm always on guard, but I'm really weary of them.

I couldn't believe the things they thought they could get from me, the favors they asked or just told me I was going to do. Money, too. Oh my. My daughter's ex, who she decided not to marry 2 years ago. His sister is always begging. I never hear from her unless she needs something. She is #15 of 16 kids and so I think they learned well to beg.

Date: September 13, 2017 06:41PM

I realized this today that i have been dealing with this type of behavior my entire life as if it was normal.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.