Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:17PM

Archaeologists have found ancient metal swords!

This is irrefutable evidence that civilizations that were on earth at the same time as the Nephites and Lamanites were using metal weapons.

They even had leather shoes, knives, brooches, arrowheads and ballista bolts.

To me this is some convincing proof that steel swords were easily available on the American continent. Now can we just start excavating Hill Cumorah. These folks think they "had won a form of an archaeological lottery", the archaeologists working Cumorah will be rock stars when all those Nephite and Lamanite weapons are found.

Oh, maybe I should mention the metal swords were found in Britain......

Not anywhere near those huge Lamanite or Nephite cities in the Americas. But close enough that we can surely consider it substantiating proof for the BOM.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-41225702

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:23PM

I dont think anybody cares at this point i know i dont. They could find all the evidence in the world its not the reason i left the cult.

Date: September 13, 2017 01:26PM

badassadam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They could find all the evidence in the
> world its not the reason i left the cult.

I know, you left because you were offended, or because you wanted to sin by drinking coffee. Maybe even both reasons!

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:38PM

Haha no i left because i was abused and of the cult temple rituals.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 10:19PM

They have ALREADY found all the evidence in the world.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:33PM

Well, maybe god is hiding all those rusty Nephite and Lamanite swords so we can have faith, you know, kinda like he put dinosaur bones around just to mess with us. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:42PM

Oh, come now, we all know that the Nephite swords would have rusted away long ago in the wet tropical climate of Central America, unlike the dry, arid, desert-like area of Hadrian's Wall....

Date: September 13, 2017 01:47PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> unlike the
> dry, arid, desert-like area of Hadrian's Wall....

I can confirm this observation. The one day I visited Hadrian's Wall and Vindolanda it was gloriously sunny and there was very little humidity.

Therefore I conclude it must be like that all the time.

Date: September 13, 2017 01:45PM

They found ancient records written in Reformed Egyptian too!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-40555474

Oh wait, my mistake, they were written in unreformed Roman, but I heard that is pretty close to Reformed Egyptian.

Satan must be in control of archaeologists, he prevents them from performing their unbiased and honest work on the American continent, but he seems happy for them to find detailed evidence of other ancient civilizations that lived at the same time as the Nephites. He's such a tricky bugger! Testing our faith like that.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:53PM

With my apologist hat on, I humbly make these explanations:

After Lehi and his family boarded the boat that would carry them to the New World, it is made known unto us that because of unrighteous and lacscivious actions by some of Levi's children. A great storm came upon the ship which carried it far north and close to the what are known today as The British Isles. During this time of great oceanic tumult, the seas rose and extended their reach over parts of the UK. Just as we recently saw rains in Texas and Florida essentially making seas over once barren and dry lands, so to at this point in the Book of Mormon did the seas overcome the land. Clouds and great darkness prevented any on the vessel from seeing land and as waves crashed over the ship, items would have been lost overboard. As Lehi and his family struggled for their very lives they did not notice or care about what was lost to the great depths of the sea.

I therefore testify that even though the sword was found in Britain as the OP says, the sword was in fact built by those the Lord had sent to inhabit the new world.

FAIR Cheezus

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 02:02PM

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 04:34PM

Wait till I get going!

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 06:58PM

There is more that is yet to be revealed on this subject, however you are not ready and/or it would somehow be casting pearls before the swines. Self-serving righteous judgementalisms.

Or wait until I get the rock in the hat.

Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:58PM

I guess all those slippery Nephite artifacts just slipped across the ocean. That's as believable as most stuff I've read from FAIR.

Posted by: brigantia not logged in ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:59PM

YES! Of course, hence our anthem, Jerusalem. And did those feet in ancient times walk upon England's mountains green. Oh YES!

Briggy

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 02:22PM

First it was the discovery of Nahom, and now these metal swords?! The evidence for the church being true is both numerous and irrefutable!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 02:46PM

Today, tscc can't be bothered to live it's own )claimed, that is) values; therefore, it is little more that a money-eating bureaucracy, serving itself rather than its investors.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 05:03PM

as in this old 1970s Kurt Russell movie

"Search For The Gods" (1975)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hKDR_TeXqQ

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 07:19PM

It took him a while, but he found them in "Stargate". Then he blew them up.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 06:26PM

It seems the weapon of choice in defending BoM historicity is now the Macuahuitl:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl

See this FairMormon article, for example:

https://www.fairmormon.org/conference/august-2016/inflict-wounds-death

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 07:57PM

One's of Christ's apostles had a sword at Getheseme. However, finding other weapons and NO swords here is definitive - the people of the Americas had NO swords and also were not Nephites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 07:58PM by rhgc.

Date: September 13, 2017 10:07PM

I think you are mistaken.

The distance from Vindolanda to Hill Cumorah, as the tapir flies, is 3,319 miles. There is no coincidence that these numbers relate to the number 3. It is a clear example of numerical chiasmus, if ever I've seen one.

In addition, since 1 day on earth is 1,000 years to God up in Kolob, we can apply that same rational to distance. That means 3,319 miles on Kolob is approximately 48 feet in God's distance.

Therefore, Archaeologists have found steel swords only 48 feet from Hill Cumorah.

Take that doubters!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 02:54AM

That's some impressive thinking you've done there, Darren.

I bow down before your obvious authority ;-)

Tom in Paris

Posted by: Nephi ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 02:34AM

Now, where can I finds meself one of them bloody good swords in the stone? We haven't invented them yet here in the Americas. Shiver me timbers!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.