Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stormy's one and only ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 01:31AM

It was not an easy thing to do. BIC multigeneration Mormon on both sides. My mom followed every written and unwritten rule the TSCC ever issued or thought about issuing...to the letter.
But when you grow up that way, you don't know anything different. It's only after I got out of Utah did I discover a new world out there. What a shock that was. No one cared about the LDS church except to give you a funny look or comment about polygamy which I knew nothing about. I went to college at Northwestern University, refused to go to BYU, I wanted to be a doctor and graduate from a highly ranked school...to get a good residency. My Mom was furious, like she must of had a vision of what was going to happen. The only thing I did was ditch the garmies..my roommate howled when he saw them. After two years of college and my mom nagging, I gave in and went on my mission. Mine wasn't too bad...except for all the Mormon stuff. I hated the most living with someone I generally didn't like 24/7. During college I never went to Church though I sure was pursued by everyone attached to the LDS church. I didn't have time. Didn't want any callings, I had to study..

After my mission which left me thinking some of this stuff is bullshit but I didn't go after the truth, I met stormy. She was a nevermo Catholic. When she found I was Mormon she stopped seeing me. But I convinced her to let me come around. She was totally reluctant but gave in. I can be charming if need be. And at that point I was desparately in love with her. She was everything that Mo girls weren't. Not in a hurry to get married, carefree, happy, intelligent. Of course my parents introduced to lovely Mormon girls, lot of good that did. Each one was like the last one, anxious to get married and have kids. "They didn't want to be left behind their other friends.I had too many years of school to go.

But stormy, she was different. Forbidden fruit I suppose. She was the most beautiful girl I ever knew. Just couldn't go on without her. After a number of false starts we were married. Just to be with her every day was great. Of course my family was pissed and didn't come for the wedding. Her family were also pissed. They didn't want her marrying a Mormon. Now I know why.

We went to Utah that summer and everyone there was totally rude to her. I couldn't believe the bad manners. It was a big wake up call. She was in grad school and I was a 3rd year med. I never pushed the church on her or she would of bolted. But she kept reading things and asking questions about them...some I couldn't answer and others I did't want to answer.

We had two boys, two years apart. My parents expected them to be blessed but storm said absolutely not and had them baptised needed to be on the same page with religion. And it should be LDS. Nope, she refused and gradually the church came between us. I was still too stupid to see the truth and honestly I didn't look too hard and she refused to join. She asked for a divorce and I didn't want that since I loved her so much. But I had to let her go. She was so unhappy. The divorce as uncontested on my part. I had already done enough damange to her.

I learned that she remarried and that made me feel horrible. When I was done with school, I applied for and was accepted in a residency program in trauma surgery in her city. I wanted to see my boys. She always let me any time. When I was done I went to work as a trauma doctor.

Stormy divorced her second husband shortly after they were married, he want no children and didn't much like mine. I was then I started to study the religion with a rational, scientific and logical method.

Imagine my surprised whenJS turned out to be an ass, not to mention prevert. Who puts their head in a hat? Who claims to be a prophet for his own gain? Js did all those things. I studied the stance on polgamy and God status. I knew that wasn't true. It couldn't be, it was stupid.

I then sent in my resignation letter . I didn't tell storm but 5 months later showed her my resignation letter saying I was totally out and asked if could start over. The time period she though about it was like an eternity for me. She finally said yes. To say i was excited doesn't quite make it.

Lots of hurdles along the way but our love for each other wasn't one of them. She was the only one I wanted from the day I met her and I couldn't imagine life without her. It's tough to love some on so much and not know how she felt. But I found out she felt the same way.

So know it's start all over, this time with more maturity.

She's busy planning our wedding and having a wonderful time. She deserves all the good things and I'll give them her and our boys.

Jake

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 01:45AM

How fortunate you are to have another chance with someone you really love. This time without the 800 # gorilla (LDS Church) sat in the room. Sometimes destiny is divine and karma is so kind.

So many of the marriage breakups on this board have been caused by the LDS Church and have no hope of being retrieved like your has been. Because the 800 # gorilla is still there.

If you believe in a being who grants wishes, sends presents (or answers your prayers)--say thanks to him/her/it, because although it may be tough, you hit the jackpot.

Also spare a thought for us -- you know the people who's ex spouses still think we are the Spawn of Satan, because we won't worship and give service to their 800# gorilla.....

JB

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 10:38AM

It was easier for me because storm is not lds so only one of us had to find out the truth. I think it's much harder when both people have to work their way out and children that are involved. I can see where one partner would feel like their world had just collapsed.
It's not what they signed up got and they're angry and confused..

The church is insidious in their teachings..nothing helps the family. All they do is teach guilt..and make members feel inadequate..wrong on so many levels.

Jake

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 06:57PM

Haha! Awesome! That IS confusing.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:01PM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:09PM

raptorjesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

I copied the same post on another thread. Busted.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:24PM

The puppet family in its formative years.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 08:08PM

But no matter how you cut it, there is no way around the straight up lies and the second set of posts where they are talking on the phone yet using the same computer. Not phone, land line computer.

Posted by: nevermo-beck ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 08:15PM

Posted by: nevermo-beck ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 08:23PM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 08:50PM

Stormy and Jake in the very same post...how weird.....didn't catch that one did ya?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 08:53PM by honestone.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 02:21AM

I think your story should be made into a book and a film. It's really a romantic tale!

Date: May 26, 2011 10:39AM

Not at all.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 05:34AM

I always love hearing about the Jake-Stormy saga!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 05:42AM

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 07:51AM

I *LOVE* to hear stories where it works out! Gives me hope and puts a silly grin on my sappy face.

Wishin' you both - and your little ones - ALL THE BEST!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 08:18AM

That's the kind of love for which you don't let anyone else get between, including family. Always put her and your boys first and you can't go wrong. What God has joined together, let no one put asunder.

Posted by: battlebruise ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:08PM

Great story. A real love story....

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:19PM

How did you have garmies for roommates to make fun of if you went on your mission later? It's not typically for guys to get garmies unless they are immediately planning a mission--as in put in the papers and are going next week.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:30PM

This really is outrageous if we've been had.

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:39PM

If I'm reading right then yeah, he didn't go on a mission and chose college instead. There is no way he'd have garmies to make fun of. Guys go through the temple just before their missions, even if he put in his papers he would have had to ditch the mission after going through the temple. Possible yes, but highly unlikely at that point as it would have been literally days before reporting to the MTC.

Date: July 11, 2011 07:29PM

Good catch. A Mormon would know that

Posted by: sockpuppet ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:29PM

And I thought I made things confusing sometimes...wow!

Posted by: duffy -not logged in ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:55PM

It's bad enough I have to live with the fact that my gullibility took me on a 7 year tour of hell in TSSC. But I really hate realizing that I'm still gullible enough to fall for this. I never saw it coming I guess.

But the story at the top of this thread is proof that I've done it again. As someone else pointed out, you don't wear garments 2 years before your mission. Also, how many multigenerational BIC mormons never heard of polgamy? About zero I'd guess.

But the description of the schooling and medical training is not from any doctor. You don't go from college to a residency program. Several steps have been left out.

We've been had. And as good a story as it was, it's just another story. I had been wondering how somebody who was rabidly TBM could possibly go from a 3 day psych hold to exmo as seemlessly as this person supposedly did. Ah well. The joke's on us. Ha ha. Good one. The only problem for me is that I now realize that I still can't trust myself to see a con. Guess I'll have to work on that skepticism just a little more.

Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:58PM

About that thing of going from complete belief to non-belief in three days is plausible. I went from being a complete TBM to non-belief in about 3 seconds after reading about polyandry. It made my world completely shift - like the room physically moved to the left and I was done.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 07:58PM

Posted by: knowitsfalse ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 08:06PM

duffy -not logged in Wrote:
> We've been had. And as good a story as it was,
> it's just another story. I had been wondering how
> somebody who was rabidly TBM could possibly go
> from a 3 day psych hold to exmo as seemlessly as
> this person supposedly did. Ah well. The joke's
> on us. Ha ha. Good one. The only problem for me
> is that I now realize that I still can't trust
> myself to see a con. Guess I'll have to work on
> that skepticism just a little more.

This was where I really started to have my doubts also. I've been following the whole story, so I definitely feel gullible now, damn! I do my best to only pass solid info on to my TBM wife, so talking with her about the "stormy and jake" story was pretty stupid on my part.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 08:11PM

Date: July 10, 2011 11:43PM
****Did anyone else see what I saw? - PART 2. Questions for Stormy.

There are a few things I know for sure.

Users do not have the option to delete posts.

Admin has not deleted ANYTHING in that thread.

The post in question is from the same IPset that Stormy, Jake and Jakes sister all use.

The post in question was edited by Stormy. It is in the same place as the post in question that Stormy now says she did not write. I know this for sure because someone did hit the report button so I KNOW this is the same post.

Something is not adding up here.
_____

Posted by: raptorjesus ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 11:48PM
Uh oh. We need Batman. Or at least Scooby Doo. (n/t)
_____

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 01:51AM
Scooby Doo is nothing without the meddling kids. (n/t)
_____

Date: July 10, 2011 11:55PM
Re: ****Did anyone else see what I saw? - PART 2. Questions for Stormy.

All I know is it wasn't I Who posted and Would leave jake who is at work or my my sil. How would that happen?

stormy
_____

Date: July 10, 2011 11:56PM
Re: ****Good question.

Someone from your house with your password edited the post. It is not gone. It is edited by you.
_____

Date: July 10, 2011 11:59PM

She has my cell phone, could that be what happened?

Jake posts from our computer.

stormy
_____

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 12:18AM

Oh good I'm not as dumb as I was thinking. At least not this time.

I don't know if this helps but on my phone it keeps me logged in for hours. I can just pick it up, open the browser and I'm still logged in hours later. This seems to last even longer when background data is enabled. I'm on an Android now but the late iPhone (grabby child + bathtub) did it too. Stayed logged in much longer than a computer would.

Just a guess.
_____

Posted by: raptorjesus ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 12:23AM
I'm logged in constantly.

Anyone with my phone could post whatever they wanted.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 12:48AM

The phone she has is an android and you are always logged in. My new phone is also an android and does the same thing. I really don't know what to say about any of this. I feel sorry for her and that's why she has my phone. I just got another one and pay for that one also. She needs the support. But if need be I'll ask her to send it back to me.

stormy
_____

Posted by: jake's sister ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 12:27AM

Storm called very upset. I have her cell and I have used it to post. I didn't want my husband to know I post on this board. He's supportive of my decision but asked that I didn't post. But I did any way. When I use her cell it automatically signs in as stormy. She explained this to me before. But this time, I was anxious to post and didn't log out and sign in under my name. When I realized what I did, I just erased the message.

I'm sorry to have caused trouble for everyone, especially Storm.

Things have been rough here and the help from the board means a lot to me.

I understand if I'm not allowed to use this board any more. What you decide, I will abide by it. Stupid people do stupid things and I guess that's me. I'm using the phone now since I can't use our computer because of my husband.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 01:24AM
I don't see why she would call when you are in the same room using the same computer. new

All of these have the same IP.

2. Re: ****Did anyone else see what I saw? - PART 2. Questions for Stormy.

She has my cell phone, could that be what happened? Jake posts from our computer. stormy

--YesterdayStormy3. Re: ****Did anyone else see what I saw? - PART 2. Questions for Stormy.

All I know is it wasn't I Who posted and Would leave jake who is at work or my my sil. How would that happen? stormy

--YesterdayStormy4. Re: Maybe Stttooorrrmmmy is channeling Joseph Smith...

Thanks..that's all I need right now. I'm still cleaning out our bathroom...the renovation starts tomorrow at 7:30 am sharp. stormy

--YesterdayStormy5. Re: In this thread?

Yes stormy

--YesterdayStormy6. Re: Stormy - tell me EXACTLY what post.

The post is gone now. It was on the response to the bishop thread that my sil posted. I always sign my posts stormy This one wasn't signed like that.. . stormy
\
--YesterdayStormy7. Re: Did anyone else see what I saw?

I saw it also and they used my name...that post did not come from me. I checked with my sil and she didn't post either. Does this happen often? I am registered does that mean some one has my info..? Will I have to change my password? stormy

--YesterdayStormy8. Re: response to bishop continued

Sil called...sp due to come over. stormy

**Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2011 09:18PM by stormy.

This is the post in question. Content was originaly by Jakes Sister but with the name Stormy on it. It was not deleted, it was edited by Stormy.

--YesterdayStormy9. Re: "Modest is Hottest"

I sure disagree..you don't need to look trampy..but then I have boys do what do I know..around here clothes for girls leave zip to the imagination..are the clothes different in utah? stormy

--YesterdayStormy10. Re: If left untreated rather unfortunate side-effects such as death can occur.

Glad you went to the er...those infections are serious. stormy

--YesterdayStormy11. Re: Church-approved Mormon sex (mildly adult)

OMG...do these people know nothing? Thank god jake went to medical school and played around..do did I..better marriage. stormy

YesterdayStormy12. Re: Which is the Greater Threat to the Traditional Family and Traditional Marriage: Gay Marriage or Mormonism? (Please take an informal survey.) (mild language)
I know of no marriages broken by a gay in my friends. My marriage was crushed because of the lds botch. stormy

These are also from the same IP/land line

Re: ****Did anyone else see what I saw? - PART 2. Questions for Stormy. Date: July 11, 2011 12:48AMPosted by: Stormy

The phone she has is an android and you are always logged in. My new phone is also an android and does the same thing. I really don't know what to say about any of this. I feel sorry for her and that's why she has my phone. I just got another one and pay for that one also. She needs the support. But if need be I'll ask her to send it back to me.

stormy
Posted by: jake's sister
Date: July 11, 2011 12:27AM

Storm called very upset. I have her cell and I have used it to post. I didn't want my husband to know I post on this board. He's supportive of my decision but asked that I didn't post. But I did any way. When I use her cell it automatically signs in as stormy. She explained this to me before. But this time, I was anxious to post and didn't log out and sign in under my name. When I realized what I did, I just erased the message.

I'm sorry to have caused trouble for everyone, especially Storm.

Things have been rough here and the help from the board means a lot to me.

I understand if I'm not allowed to use this board any more. What you decide, I will abide by it. Stupid people do stupid things and I guess that's me. I'm using the phone now since I can't use our computer because of my husband.
_____

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:08AM
Uh. That's in direct conflict with this post.

>>>>>>I saw it also and they used my name...that post did not come from me. I checked with my sil and she didn't post either.

Does this happen often? I am registered does that mean some one has my info..? Will I have to change my password?

stormy

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,240397

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 02:09AM by Queen of Denial.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 02:15AM
Re: Uh. That's in direct conflict with this post.

Why would Jake's Sister tell Stormy that it WAS NOT her that posted, and then come on the board and say it WAS her?
_____

Posted by: Teewan ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 12:51AM

This is a lot of drama.. When is someone going to break out the "I can't say with Certitude" line? Lol
_____

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 01:29AM
As Reader's Digest would say ......

Drama in real life !
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 01:45AM
No drama.

Just a series of facts that do not add up.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 01:50AM
Very curious. Hmmmm.... (n/t)
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 01:49AM
If the home computer was hacked...

It would be possible for an outside user to take over the computer, export the screen to their own off site commuter then run as if they were sitting in Stormy's home using the commuter. The hacker would get what ever stated the computer was in when they exported the screen. If the user was logged onto the computer and logged into RfM, then, other than writing stile and content of the post, there would be no way to distinguish from a real Stormy post because it came from the same computer and the same login.

This would explain everything except the post being edited and the claim of 'jake's sister' above (a claim that Susan I/S notes has a problem). I suppose it could be possible that a hacker posted a post then had a change of hart...

This scenario is not very likely, but it is possible.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 01:56AM
Nope, that would still not explain it. new

They are continuing to post from the same IP.

Stormy says she saw the post in question, that it was not her, and that it was deleted. No, she edited it. If someone had hacked a password, they have been posting as her alllll day. And continuing to do so. From the same IPs that all three of them have used over the last few months.

And as I said about the two in this thread, talking about calling when they are using the same computer?
_____

Re: Nope, that would still not explain it.

Susan I/S Wrote:
> They are continuing to post from the same IP.
>

That is my point, The IP address would be the same because the actual post would have come from stormy's computer. Only the screen would be exported, the hacker would be using stormy's computer, everything would come from stormy's computer. It would have the exact same address because the post itself would have come from stormy's computer and stormy's web browser. The exported screen runs the computer REMOTELY.

Think of it as if the hacker attached a monitory, keyboard and mouse with REALLY long cables to the back of stormy's computer and took the monitor, keyboard and mouse to and entirely different house . Despite the fact that the hacker is now in a different house, he is still using the computer in stormy's house. The IP address would still be the same on all the posts.

The same thing is done with the remote control programs I am talking about, they send the screen output, the keyboard and mouse input and output to another, remote, computer. Though the hacker will be sitting at the the remote computer, he would ACTUALLY be using stromy's computer, not his, to send the message. The IP address would be stromy's address. The hacker is only using a remote keyboard, monitor and mouse, but would still be using Stormy's computer.
_____

Re: Nope, that would still would not explain it either.

Because the same thing is happening with two different providers :). Two different ways to access period.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 02:22AM
OK, so how is this possible? "They are continuing to post from the same IP."

If "They are continuing to post from the same IP [singular]." how would two different providers be involved? Each provider is assigned a different UNIQUE set of IP addresses to assign to customers. The INTERNET would not work of two providers were using the same IP addresses.

So, if it is coming from two different providers with the same address, then it would have to be something like IP spoofing. This would be exceptionally difficult to do especially from two different providers.

Or is there really two IP addresses involved? Jake's sister's explanation would be plausible.

Are you sure you are determining the provider correctly?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 02:31AM by MJ.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 02:33AM
I am not good at explaining.

And I can't give specifics. But the first set, with the one they BOTH claim is not from them, is from one IP/provider. The later two where they are calling each other is a second IP/provider.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 02:53AM
So, there are two different posts then.

If stormy posts from home and a cell, then there should be two address sets possible, the phone's which could be rather random depending on how mobile they are and the home which should be in a very narrow range of addresses if the addresses change at all.

Depending on what set the particular issues came from, would indicate different problems.

If jake's sister set down stromy's phone and jake's sisters decided to play a practical joke, that could explain the posts that both are saying they did not do, and the pranksters could have had a change of heart and deleted the message. Perhaps Jake's sister is covering for friends????

Then, since there was two different sets of posts involved, perhaps there some of the same sorts of confusion I experienced going on with the calling each other.

Working tech support taught me that most people are not very good at explaining this sort of stuff either. I won't even tell you about my dad and his "nothing" claims when I was trying to help him over the phone. My usual default position is, if it is all really convoluted and confusing, it is usually because the user is confused, hiding something so they don't have to admit they did something wrong, are combining separate issues into the same sentence.

The first thing I would do, is stop treating the two sets of posts are if they are necessarily linked.
_____

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 01:57AM
Could happen

I guess there are a lot of clever ways to try and gain access to someone's computer.

This is all pretty weird though.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 02:11AM
Stranger things have happened. I wourked for a company that had it's phone system hacked.

The hacker was using the voice male system as an information board and using the PBX to allow people in the local area to call anywhere in the world and the charge would go back to the company.

Had about 3 weeks of the FBI camped out in our offices before the hacking was resolved. I don't know how long it took for my boss to fix all his credit reports that the hacker mangled as revenge for calling the feds.
_____

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:02AM
I've heard of attacks like that

Well, rather, I've heard of ONE attack like that. I wonder if that was the same one :)

Anyways, must have been intense working there during that time.

Options: Reply•Quote•Follow Topic•Report
Date: July 11, 2011 03:06AM
The worst part was being considered a suspect. Once I was cleared, then I went back to my job running the data network. new

The phone guys had a miserable time for the whole mess.

And this sort of attack happens all the time. The voice mail information listed 18 systems that were also hacked all around the world. The FBI contacted the owners of the other two USA based systems, but I don't know what the outcome was there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 03:08AM by MJ.
_____

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )

Before I crash for the night I just want to say one thing about IP numbers. They show not only your approximate location but they show your service provider. It's pretty easy to know if it's wireless or a landline.

Nite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 02:09AM by The Man in Black.
_____

They can also be spoofed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address_spoofing

"IP spoofing can also be a method of attack used by network intruders to defeat network security measures, such as authentication based on IP addresses. This method of attack on a remote system can be extremely difficult, as it involves modifying thousands of packets at a time. "

It can also be used in what is known as "man in the middle" attacks.
_____

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:44AM
I will say it, i.e. what maybe a few people here have been thinking all along.

I always felt from the beginning that this “story”:

1. had too much drama, and was too artificial, and scripted
2. played out like a bad novel, as the posts of three alleged different people flowed too conveniently like a story
3. three writing styles were too similar for me
4. was the product of a fanciful imagination - the occupations, activities, etc. were all so picture perfect
5. had a very pro-Catholic agenda in the beginning

I thought this was possibly a regular poster who felt slighted by the strong atheist content here, and posted defensively as three people - in order to be backed up/hide behind by a man who also chose catholicism (and her), and a fragile SIL - with herself, and catholicism as the heroes.

Certain posters get resentful, because they cannot defend their religion, and feel attacked.

The edits, and lies appear to be someone covering their tracks, and not a hacker - a hacker would have no stake in the upkeep of this story.

It always looked like a three-in-one "trinity", so I sometimes read to confirm my suspicions, but did not buy into it.

And now we have silence as said poster is thinking up an out, because anyone with truth could immediately reply. Will the triune poster now claim hacking?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 02:52AM by atheist&happy:-).
_____

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:55AM
I was worried that I was the only one that noticed anything wrong. (n/t)
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 02:59AM
Re: I was worried that I was the only one that noticed anything wrong.

I was slow to notice, but the thought struck me today. Jake is supposed to be a doctor and the writing style just isn't that of a professional, IMO and is to similar to the other posters' style. Besides they seem to have way too many over the top Mormons in their lives. I didn't want to say anything on board but since someone else brought it up, I'll join the chorus of doubters. If I am wrong I'll grovel later.Besides, the simplest explaination is usually right and it is a lot more believable that we are being played than the some hacker set up this elaborate hoax.I am embarrassed that I bought into it for so long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 03:03AM by bona dea.
_____

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:00AM
Tune in tomorrow for

"As Stormy Turns."

I can't believe anybody reads that stuff, let alone, notes an edit or deletion.
_____

Posted by: Fiction is Fun ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 04:19AM
You're not the only one

Yeah, I've thought that too. If it's not true, it's an impressive hoax. I have my popcorn on standby to watch what happens next.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 02:51AM

I noticed the similar writing styles and the excess drama too. If I am wrong, I apologized, but the whole thing sees a bit contrived and over the top to me.If I am right, I am not going to guess motive, but a lot of the story just seems too convenient and soap operaish to me.I tended to buy into it until we got to the bishop's email. That just seemed a little off after I had time to think about it.Then I noticed the fact that all three have the same run on sentences in their posts. Once again, if I am wrong, I apologize, but I am suspicious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 03:11AM by bona dea.
_____

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 04:06AM

+1
_____

Posted by: Ctus ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:13AM
I agree with bona dea...

The whole effort required to set up three separate posters seems a bit much. And to what end?

I have noticed a few things others have mentioned as well, the writing styles and run on sentences mainly. Then of course the inordinate amount of drama. One thing that struck me several times was the sometimes brutal frankness with which the posters spoke of each other at times.

In all honesty, though, I really didn't give it a lot of thought until this thread. By the time I came to athiest&happy's comment I had come to the same conclusion myself.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 03:41AM
Re: I agree with bona dea...

Not to hijack the thread, but I am glad your leg is better and that it didn't cost a fortune.
_____

Posted by: Stumbling ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 04:26AM

Sounds like the whole soap opera was fabricated to me.
The simplest explanation is usually the right one.
_____

Date: July 11, 2011 04:24PM
top nt (n/t) new

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 08:30PM by steve benson.

Date: July 11, 2011 08:15PM

what was the point of pasting all this here??

Date: July 11, 2011 08:53PM

steve benson Wrote:
> n/t

Seems like a like would do the trick just fine

Posted by: marco torres ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 08:50PM

Cut and Paste Special Olympics.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 08:18PM

Writing a story where the guy expresses his love for you and how great you are!!! Except that you're the author. Get to say all the great things about yourself you'd wish someone would really say. I've never bought or responded to even one of these posts ever. Always seemed fictional and attention seeking to me. Sorry.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 08:20PM

It might be interesting to look at pro-Catholic posters under other logons previous to the Stormy family drama. Check their IP addresses.

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.