Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 12:43PM

https://www.lds.org/church/news/many-struggles-with-faith-are-based-on-mormon-culture-not-doctrine-professor-says?lang=eng#1274062927

“I think many struggles with faith are struggles with cultural Mormonism,” Braithwaite said. “They’re not necessarily rooted in the canonized, theological doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.”

Having questions is normal, Braithwaite explained, but it’s important to face them head on and address them early to avoid the risk of becoming cynical."

I had questions that I faced head on and addressed them early to avoid the risk of lying to my children. When I asked my Bishop those questions he said and I quote, "It's fine to have questions about the church, but if you share them with other Mormons, I'll be forced to excommunicate you."
I responded, "Even my wife and kids?"
He said, "Especially your wife and kids".

Awesome, so what you're saying is, I can't correct what your wife taught my kids in Seminary that Brigham Young was right when he said that the punishment for a white girl marrying a black man was death on the spot by stoning, when there are 2 children in the room who have a white mother and a black father?
Here's my resignation asshole.
Fuck you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2017 04:29PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 01:03PM

This argument seems to be in the same category as, "The church is perfect, the people aren't" excuse.

The doctrine and policies of the LDS church created its culture. To me, the culture and doctrine are one and the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2017 05:35PM by want2bx.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 01:22PM

"Cult your culture, before you culture your cult."

--- Dieter F. Uchtdorf, sometime in the near future

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 02:08PM

Doubt "CULTure" before you doubt doctrine.
And before you answer questions, just send those asking, a handy dandy link to LDS.org and you'll never have to think again. We did it all for you!!!
Even though they don't actually answer the obvious questions raised by their admissions of guilt.

#1. How can LDS leaders expect to be taken seriously when they claim they eschew racism, yet refuse to delete these extremely racist verses from what they consider to be "The Word of God"?

BOOK of MORMON

1 Nephi 11:13 (Mary) “she was exceedingly fair and white.”

1 Nephi 12:23 (prophecy of the Lamanites) ” became a dark, and loathsome, and a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations.”

1 Nephi 13:15 (Gentiles) “they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people [Nephites] before they were slain.”

2 Nephi 5:21 “a sore cursing . . . as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.”

2 Nephi 30:6 (prophecy to the Lamanites if they repented) “scales of darkness shall begin to fall. . . . they shall be a white and delightsome people” (“white and delightsome” was changed to “pure and delightsome” in 1981).

Jacob 3:5 (Lamanites cursed) “whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins. . . .”

Jacob 3:8-9 “their skins will be whiter than yours… revile no more against them because of the darkness of their skins. . . .”

Alma 3:6 “And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion.”

Alma 3:9 “whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed.”

Alma 3:14 (Lamanites cursed) “set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed. . . .”

Alma 23:18 “[Lamanites] did open a correspondence with them [Nephites] and the curse of God did no more follow them.”

3 Nephi 2:14-16 “Lamanites who had united with the Nephites were numbered among the Nephites; And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites and . . . became exceedingly fair. . . . ”

3 Nephi 19:25, 30 (Disciples) “they were as white as the countenance and also the garments of Jesus; and behold the whiteness thereof did exceed all the whiteness. . . . nothing upon earth so white as the whiteness thereof… and behold they were white, even as Jesus.”

Mormon 5:15 (prophecy about the Lamanites) “for this people shall be scattered, and shall become a dark, a filthy, and a loathsome people, beyond the description of that which ever hath been amongst us. . . .”

Pearl of Great Price

Moses 7:8 “a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan. . . .”

Moses 7:12 “Enoch continued to call upon all the people, save it were [i.e., except] the people of Canaan, to repent. . . .”

Moses 7:22 “.for the seed of Cain were black and had not place among them.”

Abraham 1:21 ” king of Egypt [Pharaoh] was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites by birth.”

Abraham 1:27 “Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could not have the right of Priesthood. . . .” (emphasis added to above citations).
The truth is: Mormonism does not represent Jesus Christ or His Church. The LDS teachings of the “Negro” are not consistent with, as well as, contradict Scripture.

#2. Were Joseph Smith and Brigham Young justified in claiming their follower's wives as their own?

#3. If so, how?

#4. If not, why do you sing their praises?

#5. Why is God depicted with an erection in the BoA, Fax 2, Fig 7?

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 02:12PM

This is a good summary of racism in the book of Mormon.

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 10:17PM

Its more like "Doubt the culture before you doubt the cult."

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: August 27, 2017 08:19AM

FOFLOL! Culture is everything in a cult. There is no doctrine because it changes to suit money collection at the time.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 04:25PM

Im.with you koriwhore ive never said fuck you so many times then towards the church in the last year. They used me and abused me and controled me and there is no forgiveness for that in my opinion.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 26, 2017 11:29PM

In an Orwellian twist, Mormons have redefined doctrine as obedience. And what they call a testimony is simply a promise to obey.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: August 27, 2017 02:25AM

Bible says, by their fruits ye shall know them.

Then we're told, the church is perfect, but the people aren't.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 27, 2017 02:39AM

The church is a steaming pile of shit, but the people aren't.

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: August 27, 2017 12:11PM

koriwhore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://www.lds.org/church/news/many-struggles-wit
> h-faith-are-based-on-mormon-culture-not-doctrine-p
> rofessor-says?lang=eng#1274062927
>
> “I think many struggles with faith are struggles
> with cultural Mormonism,” Braithwaite said.
> “They’re not necessarily rooted in the
> canonized, theological doctrine of The Church of
> Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.”
>
> Having questions is normal, Braithwaite explained,
> but it’s important to face them head on and
> address them early to avoid the risk of becoming
> cynical."

Absolutely...Gawd wouldn't want us to become cynical trying to rationalize the totally-fraudulent BoA as "scripture"...same as D&C 132, which is still "canonized, theological doctrine" of TSCC when GBH looked straight into the camera on national TV and said that plural marriage was NOT doctrinal. WTF? Me? Cynical?? Can't imagine how that could happen...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.