Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 09:08PM

My TBM brother called and gave the message to my oldest son. He told him that my mom was in really bad shape and if he wanted to see her he needed to come to Utah. He also told my son that my brother and I are not welcome to come see her.

I wouldn't go anyway even if I was "welcome" to see her. Nor would my brother.

My mother and I have been estranged off and on for years. This is as good a reason as any for me to finally make a clean break from the Utah relatives.

Good riddance. I don't feel sad - I feel happy that I won't have to listen to that crap anymore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 09:14PM

Pugsly, I'm sorry to read this. I think it's very cold of your brother--regardless of circumstances--to have put limits. (((hugs))).

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 09:57PM

Very sorry to hear this.

What business is it of your brother if you wanted to see your mom? That isn't his place to say. He sounds very ignorant and arrogant.

I imagine your mom would want to see you if she could.

Posted by: nykc ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 10:10PM

I know where you're coming from, pugsly. I haven't seen or spoken to my mom in over a decade, and there's no one who will tell me when she passes. There's a trainload of crap in that call from your birth sibling, like he was aiming to wound.

I think you may be right about cutting ties. That's not a brother, but some morg-thing that has consumed any brother who may have once been there. You might consider advising your son that you don't want him in the position of doing your birth sibling's "dirty work," so he is to relay no additional messages to you. The morgbot can toy with someone else's son.

My thoughts are with you.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 10:18PM

Best from me to All in your fam;

Leaders KNOW what the rabbid Mormonism does to families, I told them point-blank, no ambiguity, no excuses.

Their Response: crickets

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2017 10:19PM by GNPE.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 10:36PM

>>He also told my son that my brother and I are not welcome to come see her.

Who talks that way? I'm sorry that your son had to listen to that nonsense.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 10:41PM

I am very sorry to hear this, pugsly. You didn't mention your son's age but I feel that it was exceptionally cruel of your brother to relay the news to him, and to you, in this manner. And why is it up to your brother to decide that you and your other brother aren't welcome? How arrogant and manipulative of him! I am so sorry that you're having to go through this. I wish all the best for your mother and for you and your family, as well.

The title of your thread caught my eye in particular because I have been in a wheelchair for almost five years due to a massive stroke. However you decide to deal with this difficult situation, my best to you! Please report back here to let us know how things worked out for you.

Posted by: fordescape ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 10:44PM

I'm so sorry you had to endure this.

My dad had a massive stroke a little over a year ago. They are devastating no matter what else is going on.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 10:54PM

Sorry. He reveals the real coldness that resides at the bottom of where his heart should be. Jesus doesn't want him for a sunbeam.

Kathleen

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 10:58PM

I would block his number. There is no reason that you or your family should be subjected to such inappropriate phone calls.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 11:19PM

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 11:32PM

Oh, Pugsly ........ that horrible church!
I'm so sorry.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 02:43AM

Pugsly, that is some truly ugly venom that is being projected at you. I'm so sorry.

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 05:04AM

I am glad that you are in a good place with the passing of your mother. I get where you are coming from. My mother and I had no contact and were estranged from each other for the last four years of her life. I went to her funeral at the request of my father and was not emotionally moved in the least. I had mourned the death of our relationship years before and had nothing left to give. I just didn't feel anything towards her.

Congrats on your "break" from relatives in Utah. Eliminating toxic people (like your dick brother) from your life will tend to make one much happier.

Posted by: Tyson Dunn (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 07:09AM

Except that we're talking about fanatics, your brother's behavior is incomprehensible.

My own mother had a massive stroke in the spring within a few days of surgery to remove a cancer. I had gone to hold her hand before and after the surgery and wound up spending a few months with her and my father who was also in medical care. It was a perfect storm, and almost beyond the ability of my local brother and I to handle alone. I would have given anything to have it so my other family members weren't so far away.

I'm sorry your brother doesn't think similarly.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 05:08PM

I would fly out, stay in the best hotel, and act as if there is nothing wrong. Make the TBMs sweat as they try to handle it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.