Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 10:57AM

https://www.facebook.com/mormonxmemes/photos/a.433993369964570.97858.433988693298371/1630334186997143/?type=3&theater

"God created the races—but not racism. We are all children of the same Father. Violence and hatred have no place in his family. (See Acts 10:34.) #LoveOneAnother"

Nice sentiment, but it was Brigham who perpetuated racism, and at one point the leaders blamed it on God. So didn't God create racism at one point, by changing the "unrighteous'" skin colour?

Violence and hatred: Didn't Young say that the punishment is death on the spot for God's chosen people that mixes with the seed of Cain?
Blood atonements anyone??
Yeah, I know that was then...and this is now.

I very much want to speak up on this when I see posts such as this shared by my friends on Facebook, but I remember how much it hurt to discover the truth about the church. But I just let them do their own thing, as they (some of them) let me do mine.

By the way, be sure to look at the comments...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2017 10:59AM by severedpuppetstrings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 11:30AM

Are you saying that you are sick of their schmaltzie posters when it was they--Mormons--who were some of the worst racists around?

The title of you post made me think you had sympathy for Brigham Young.

Yes, I'd like to see Brigham Young thrown under the bus and under every wagon at Mountain Meadows!

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 12:39PM

Whoops! Maybe I should have picked another topic title. Sorry about that.

Posted by: C2NR ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 12:36PM

If BY was alive today he would not recognize the LDS church, let alone approve of it. He would go down south with the FLDS and feel more at home.

The essay says that the blacks' skin color is not due to any past unrighteousness, but is silent on Native Americans. I would love to try to pin them down on this. Are we still to believe that the Native Americans' skin color is a curse from god? (Someone please ask this question in RS or EQ and return and report.) They are really between a rock and hard place on this one. The BofM crumbles as a true historical record if the Native Americans' skin color is not due to a curse from god.

Wouldn't it be great to see a BBC interview with Apostle Dodo Holland getting pinned down on this? I would pay good money to see that.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 12:56PM

Did someone say something about Brigham Young here? I don't dare read it closely as it might create a Doubt that would get me fried for eternity if I let it fester. Heavenly Father has a very loving super-sophisticated 24/7 surveillance program on all my thoughts/actions so I don't want to have a huge rap sheet at Judgment Day and how blessed we are to have our privacy so thoroughly managed for us.

But I do know one thing for sure about Brigham Young. He is the namesake for the super beloved BYU brand. Let's go Cougars :) So this means we have current strong evidence from the current Brethren that Brigham Young must have taught some super amazing eternal unchanging glorious doctrines that will always, without any changes whatsoever, be part of our legacy :)

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 03:17PM

I would bet a dollar that this photo was created by an ad agency and those people are paid models. I have seen this type of crap before. Who can prove me wrong?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.