Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 04:13PM

It is inadequately cleaned at by untrained non professionals using non professional cleaning chemicals. The cheapskates that are controlling the money are Scrooging themselves right out of existence. I have no sympathy for them. They have brought it on themselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yeppers ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 04:31PM

In our ward, we had to supply the cleaning supplies.

We brought our own cleaner and vacuum. Not even joking.

They removed everything but soap and toilet paper from the cleaning closet and told the members to bring their own when it was their turn.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 05:11PM

I think i remember when you told this story.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 04:39PM

I bowed out of activity just at the point where they were taking away the custodians (who really needed those jobs, the ones that I knew!)and pressuring the members to do almost all themselves. My husband used to come home from meetings complaining about the bad smells and disgusting, germy bathrooms. And it's only got worse since then, from what others have told me.

And yet the church has so much money! They make their poor, struggling, and energy-deficient members who pay tithing clean it for the sake of a little welfare food to feed their kids and elderly.

How do they expect to recruit new members? So many of their people are walking out the door forever. More and more of the young are leaving; even Generation Z is leaving. The members that are left are often too stretched to care much about cleaning and disinfecting a building. The most poor and desperate must pick up the slack, but after all the job searching and training, they don't have much energy either. What investgator wants to stick around and worship in a smelly health hazard?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 04:58PM

see the bright side in this.

MORmONISM'S hey day is over. When I was kid in the 60's and 70's, THE (MORmON) church was stinging my dumb ass MORmON parents for Tithing and then again for ward budget and everything else that LDS Inc could think of in order to wrangle what amounted too another additional tithe out of my dumb ass faithFOOL MORmON parents, just because LDS Inc could get away with it. Those days are gone! LDS inc did not get nearly that much money from me. My children have paid them NOTHING! and that is NEVER going to improve for LDS inc. That is a very precipitous decline in revenue. THe LDS inc members as janitors program has come about due to the absolute necessity for LDS Inc to minimize costs. That situation is NOT going to improve for them.

I will LOVE it when they are finally compelled to sell off some of their temples because they simply can not afford them any longer. That will be the mark of the effective END of MORmONISM for me. That day is coming.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 05:14PM

I hope you are right.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 05:33PM

I remember watching a video teaching LDS members that that the meetinghouse was THEIR building, and they should feel proud of it by taking good care of it. But whenever the church sells one of these meetinghouses, they NEVER share any of the proceeds with the hard-working members.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 06:11PM

About 7 years ago, I was 'called' to oversee the meeting house cleaning. It was also the 'steak' center. I was SO TBM at the time. No cleaning supplies. No good vacuums. No one would help. Restrooms smelled like a Forest Service outhouse. Would go there for hours on Saturday's, put on my iPod, listen to MoTab and work my a$$ off. Thought I was serving. Yeah, right. Dunce.

It use to tick me off watching moms dish out handfulls of cerial to their wee ones in the chapel. Started plotting to sweep them up, put them in a big bowl in the foyer with a sign that said, 'help yourself help your kids.' If only...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.