Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 05:54PM

“And after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Hams' wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it pass through the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have a representative upon the earth as well as God.”
President John Taylor, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 22, pg. 304.

http://mormonismschism.blogspot.com/2013/09/little-flecks-of-history-lds-hymn.html

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 08:12PM

LDSInc. must repudiate their past racist doctrines and lies, and remove them from their scriptures, or they will become irrelevant and ignored. Nobody's listening except the ever-dwindling "faithful".

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 08:29AM

Why does a quote like that not surprise me all of the craziest quotes are by mormons or mormon leaders.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 09:37AM

Of course they will not apologize! That would cost them more members (and more money) that believed that "the church is true."

This is one of the main reasons why I left.

This line right here:
"So to follow the same lines, since the Mormon Church was a racist organization in the past, it is very likely to be racist now despite the fact that Blacks can now hold the Priesthood."

I agree that TSCC may still have some racist tendencies. For instance (yes, I am aware that they have two seventies of African descent, an Asian seventy and a few Latino seventies), look at their Q15. Need I say more.

I remember going to the temple a few years ago, and a new endowment move was shown. My roommate discussed the movie and how Eve "looked to be Polynesian" and my other roommate said, "Well, I guess that's good...in a way..." indicating that Adam and Eve are and should be Caucasian. Other members said the same thing.

I've also seen members look at interracial couples as if they are something foreign.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 10:11AM

severedpuppetstrings Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've also seen members look at interracial couples
> as if they are something foreign.

I had numerous TBM family members, upon meeting my not-white-and-delightsome fiancee, pull me aside and ask me why I couldn't somebody "of my own kind" to marry.

:(

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 10:23AM

Jesus and id imagine they would do the same to me if i were to marry a latina i always feared the reaction of family if i went against what they thought was acceptable as far as marriage goes but now that im older i dont care as much and ill probably not let any of them see my wedding cause payback is a bitch haha i wasnt aloud to see anybody's wedding like some runt left out in the cold and it was horrible to feel like an outcast.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 05:46AM

Forgive my slowness, but are you saying your friends considered a Polynesian lady to be "white"?

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 10:12AM

No worries, hello. I guess I should have went into detail. My roommate was iffy about a Polynesian playing Eve, because she believes that Adam and Eve "are/should be" Caucasian.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 10:10AM

TSCC never has, and never will apologize for ANYTHING; rather than do that, they will do their best to ignore or cover up-the MMM is a good example of that. My husband is Latino and just about every day, he experiences some kind of stereotyping or prejudice. I've seen it in the grocery stores where women pull their purses closer to them when they see my husband, coming home from his swing shift job and having a cop follow him right up to our driveway because the cop didn't think he belonged in the neighborhood. Comments made by idiotic mormon neighbors, and the icing on the cake: a swastika spray painted on our fence. There are still some neighbors that are decent enough that we don't really want to move, but it may come to that someday.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 11:00PM

:( Awful.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 07:13PM

In my quest to hold the mormon cult responsible for their racism and racist past, I went as far as to search the internet for a list of black churches in my area. As soon as I get the courage, I plan to start contacting some of them. As a white guy, this is a bit scarry. But I feel the need to speak to either the leaders, or perhaps even the congregations at one or more all black churches. They should hear from someone formerly inside of the mormon church, to see just how far and deep the the racism has gone and continues to go.

If someone were to initiate such contact, motives would surely be high on the list. One could say, "I hate my former church and want to share that hate with you". No reputable church would want to work with that motive. If one were to contact a religious organization that is more of a cult than mormonism, the results could even be dangerous. Then again, I think there is a worthy story that needs to be told to them by someone. In my mind, it's about exposing all of the racist beliefs that most of them would never find out about unless someone tells them. As mormonism morphs in to a less and less racist organization slowly over a long period of time, the black community has a right to know how things used to be, and why they're still discriminated against, even now. Are there any other brave souls out there that have ever considered doing the same thing?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 10:52PM

tscc (leaders, at least) claim to be led by inspiration & discernment from god instead of education/training for their 'callings'; not much room there for mistakes, corrections, or apologies, 'eh?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.