Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 08:56AM

(Also known as the "Second Anointing")

I don't want to steal Tom's well-earned thunder since I greatly admire his honesty and courage, but here's a tiny hint:

He thinks that it's all BS and that he was hoodwinked.

With that out of the way, below are the details as Tom has personally laid them out for all to see. It's only 10 pages long--not bad for Elohim's Biggest Scam of a Plan for the Tapped-Out Man.

Tom had the presence of mind to see through it and the presence of spine to speak out about it. He's a living, walking, talking testament to truth-telling. He's the kind of whistleblower that keeps the Mormon Cult up at night.

Enjoy.

Link:

1. https://archive.org/stream/tom-phillips-second-anointing/tom-phillips-second-anointing_djvu.txt

2. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjitrie5NjVAhVO2GMKHdYUBoAQFggoMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mormonthink.com%2Fpersonalstories%2Ftomphillips.htm&usg=AFQjCNHnUPpMZvWtnIc9baKMEab7mIYA7Q

P.S.: As a supplement, below is what Tom has said recently said on this board about the Calling and Election Made Sure:

1. "Re: The Second Anointing Does Not Make Sense Now
Posted by: Tom Phillips
Date: August 13, 2017
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2005679,2005750#msg-2005750

"As explained to me by Elder Ballard (the apostle who performed the ordinance) I was guaranteed the celestial kingdom and to be a God.

"According to Elder Bruce R. McConkie (the 'expert' on the subject whose books I was recommended to read), sins committed after the SA may have to be atoned for by suffering the 'buffetings of Satan'. But,after that, they would enter into their exaltation.

"The only sin not covered is 'denying the Holy Ghost'.

"So, what I gain from these enlightened leaders, you can do anything you like after receiving the SA except deny the Holy Ghost. That sin is further confounded with shedding innocent blood (John D.Lee was not guilty of this as those people were not 'innocent') and denying the Church (per Joseph Smith).

"Therefore a second anointee can be excommunicated but it will not effect his SA. Only denying the HG will. If this GA had his SA (I have no doubt of this unless it was stopped when I published my account in January 2008) he will still have the promise.

"In my case, I consider it an abysmal judgement of a loving God that I should be perdition and Adolf Hitler can, at least, attain the telestial kingdom.

"This thought gave me nightmares for several months even though I knew it was untrue.

"Made up nonsense like the rest of Mormonism."

2. "Re: Hamula will return as Prodigal Son
Posted by: Tom Phillips
Date: August 09, 2017
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2004511,2004523#msg-2004523 and http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2004511,2004533#msg-2004533

"'<Do you think Hamula received the 2nd anointing?>'

"Undoubtedly. But it doesn't mean he can't be excommunicated. John D. Lee was excommunicated for Mountain Meadows Massacre. However, his temple blessings were later restored to him."

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2017 04:09AM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 10:18PM

Thank you Steve

Posted by: mrs.notasiplanned ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 03:29AM

"He told me very few people receive this blessing and it must be kept secret. He said if the general membership knew about it there would be problems. More would want to receive the ordinance than the apostles have time to accommodate and members would wonder why so and so had received it but they had not."

So, if the apostles had time to accommodate members they would receive it?

Posted by: Mrs.notasIplanned ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 03:47AM

"She would then place her hands upon my head and
pronounce a blessing upon me as the spirit dictated".

There is a priestesshood, I only thought it existed in the preexistence, and the eternities. Very interesting.

Posted by: mrsnotasiplanned ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 06:13AM

How could she give a blessing unless supposed prietesshood powers had been bestowed upon her previously?

Anyone?

Date: August 17, 2017 04:37AM

Women used their priesthood to annoint and heal, until it was incrementaly taken away from them and fully removed in 1946 (I believe).
Through what authority then does a women bless her husband in the second annointing.

I wonder if some men who have received this blessing from their wives are dissapointed?

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 07:09AM

Date: August 17, 2017 08:23AM

I mean if the men believe and then are disappointed when their wives give them a blessing.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 07:55AM

I think making this public would be great.

And I think there would be value in Tom Phillips submitting a record of the event to Mormonleaks, offering them a headline of "Recipient of 'Second Annointing' Releases Transcript."

That might get it some traction.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 07:39AM

"Made up nonsense like the rest of Mormonism." *LOL*

So succinct.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.