Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 09:45PM

http://fox13now.com/2017/08/13/lds-church-issues-statement-condemning-racism-in-response-to-violence-in-charlottesville/
Until they get rid of their racist scriptures, their words are hypocritical and hallow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 03:12PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 09:56PM

"No man who makes disparaging remarks concerning those of another race can consider himself a true disciple of Christ. Nor can he consider himself to be in harmony with the teachings of the Church of Christ.” - Gordon B. Hinckley

“Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so. The nations of the earth have transgressed every law that God has given, they have changed the ordinances and broken every covenant made with the fathers, and they are like a hungry man that dreameth that he eateth, and he awaketh and behold he is empty.”

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 10, p. 110

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 09:59PM

Ah, the paradox. The church has so many of them, don't they?

Posted by: logged out NLI ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 10:14PM

Joseph Fielding Smith, The Way to Perfection, pp. 101-102:

"Not only was Cain called upon to suffer, but because of his wickedness he became the father of an inferior race. A curse was placed upon him and that curse has been continued through his lineage and must do so while time endures."

Joseph Fielding Smith, Answers to Gospel Questions, Vol. 4, p. 169:

"The Latter-day Saints, so commonly called 'Mormons,' have no animosity towards the Negro. Neither have they described him as belonging to an 'inferior race.'"

Alexander B. Morrison, "No More Strangers," Sept. 2000 Ensign, p. 16:

"[R]acism is an offense against God and a tool in the devil's hands… How grateful I am that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has from its beginnings stood strongly against racism in any of its malignant manifestations."

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 10:32PM

In the interest of credibility for this site, while the church has racist teachings, it is hardly the "most white supremacist cult on the planet."

I mean, worse than the KKK?

I was always embarrassed for those teachings, and I never knew anyone who actually hated other races.

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 12:20AM

I see. So that makes their racist declarations okay?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 09:33AM

Free Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was always embarrassed for those teachings, and
> I never knew anyone who actually hated other
> races.

I knew plenty of mormons who hated other "races."
And that was mostly in "liberal" Southern California.
In Utah "racial" hatred was daily gospel.

I'm sure you knew plenty of them too. You may have just never been in a situation where they showed their true colors (pun intended). Try bringing a non-white fiancee to meet your Utah mormon relatives...and watch the blatant racism ensue.

Date: August 14, 2017 01:56PM

As if this site has ANY credibility whatsoever, with brainwashed Cult Morgbots.
Name another Cult that has scriptures that describe their racist God dehumanizing two entire, separate races, by turning their skin black when they sin and white when they repent.
Not even the KKK has scriptures that racist@
Not even Mein Kampf was that fucking racist! At least Hitler didnt claim he got his racist ideology straight from a racist God!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 01:58PM by koriwhore.

Date: August 14, 2017 02:06PM

koriwhore Wrote:
> Name another Cult that has scriptures that
> describe their racist God dehumanizing two entire,
> separate races, by turning their skin black when
> they sin and white when they repent.

Not quite, but close:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-33/why-christians-supported-slavery.html

Date: August 14, 2017 02:24PM

Not close at all.
God NEVER mentions skin color in the Bible. Mormons made up a new book to elevate 19th racist myths, used to dehumanize 2 different races to justify enslaving/killing/taking land from them, to "Divine Revelation straight from God".
There's a whole Broadway Play about Mormon racism. You may have heard of it.
Now that DNA has come along to disprove those racist myths once and for all, Mormons don't edit their blatantly racist scriptures, they issue meaningless PRess releases in response to blatantly racist hate crimes/domestic terrorist attacks.
As if that absolves them of being an institution that has helped to institutionalize the White Supremacist narrative and elevate it to "Divine Revelation".
If your scriptures describe your God as so racist he turns whole races of people black for the sins of their Fathers, not only is your God a white supremacist, you're a GD hypocrite who denies the atonement of Christ!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 03:11PM by koriwhore.

Date: August 16, 2017 12:29PM

koriwhore Wrote:
> Not close at all.

I disagree.

> God NEVER mentions skin color in the Bible.

"God" never mentions anything in the bible. Humans wrote all of it. Sometimes they claimed some "god" thing said something or other, but claims aren't facts.

> Mormons made up a new book to elevate 19th racist
> myths, used to dehumanize 2 different races to
> justify enslaving/killing/taking land from them,
> to "Divine Revelation straight from God".

And many other christians in the US at the time (and before, and after) used an existing book to elevate "racist myths," used to dehumanize (more than 2) different races to justify enslaving/killing/taking land from them, calling it "divine revelation straight from god."

The only difference is using a new made-up book versus using an old made-up book.
I think that's "close."
I'll stand by that.

Date: August 16, 2017 03:44PM

Skin color isn't mentioned in the Bible.
It is mentioned numerous times, throughout numerous Mormon scriptures. Like Grant Palmer says, "Mormonism was an answer to the great theological problem of the 19th Century, where did these whole civilizations of New World people come from? And why didnt God bother mentioning them in the Bible? Along comes Joseph Smith with an answer, they're wandering Jews who degenerated and were cursed with dark skin by God for being evil"
So lets exterminate them so we can take their land. Oh and just to make the racist God myth even more real, he cursed the Africans with black skin for the sane thing, their forefathers were evil.
Mormonism is built on a racist 19th C myths that got cannonized as "the Word of God" when they were just lame excuses for genocide and slavery.
There is no other religion with scriptures as racist as Mormonisms.
I stand by that.
Until you produce a non-LDS scripture that ascribes race to evil ancestors Mormonism is officially the most racist religion on the planet.
Dont know why you feel compellec to defend Mormon racism.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 12:23AM

a lot of people think that the KKK is the foremost formally racist organization in America history

a lot of people are wrong about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvhJevwsaqM

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 02:35PM

The black nationalist movements have been quite hateful.

There is no end to the amount of groups that want to spread hate to anyone that wants to listen.

BLM and ANTIFA are the most current hate groups.

KKK are still just young and dumb, and old time groomers wishing for southern Democrats of the 30s to be back in power again. The good ol days as they remember.

Posted by: not logged in ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 04:10PM

wow!!!
Please tell me you're in your 90's

Date: August 14, 2017 05:01PM

It might be poopstone...
We know he is notorious for statements like this.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 08:09PM

So blm and antifa aren't hate groups?

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 08:09AM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,844060

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 08:09AM by steve benson.

Date: August 14, 2017 09:48AM

I saw the same article on Facebook posted by Fox 13 - Salt Lake City on Facebook. I saw it because one of my LDS Facebook friends had "liked" that link.

I went to look at the Facebook comments, and there are many people calling out the church on racism, from before 1978 to the racism some of the commenters said they still experienced.

The responses from some of the TBMs is priceless. One TBM's response to a poster that had mentioned the church's racist history was not to comment when he's drunk.

Check it out:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155476272515586&id=75831650585&fs=5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 09:59AM by severedpuppetstrings.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 02:28PM

Which leader said black people exist because satan needs a representative on earth?

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 12:20PM

"And after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham's wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it pass through the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have a representation upon the earth as well as God."
(President John Taylor, August 28, 1881, Journal of Discourses 22:304)

"When he destroyed the inhabitants of the antediluvian world, he suffered a descendant of Cain to come through the flood in order that he might be properly represented upon the earth" (President John Taylor, 1882, Journal of Discourses 23:336)

Date: August 14, 2017 02:32PM

The church threw Brigham under the buss a few yeas ago with the essay. So it's ok now for them to make puff statements.

Date: August 14, 2017 02:41PM

Another thing was the old church leaders didn't want the blacks banging their white women. Eugenics was a topic at the time and mixing races was frowned upon all over the states.

Remember, the whole point of a marriage license was to marry a future spouse from a different race.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 02:46PM

Phazer Wrote:
> Remember, the whole point of a marriage license
> was to marry a future spouse from a different
> race.

What does this statement mean?

EDITED TO ADD: I Googled "why were marriage licenses created in the US?" and the answer was:

"In the mid-1800s, certain states began allowing interracial marriages or miscegenation as long as those marrying received a license from the state. ...Not long after these licenses were issued, some states began requiring all people who marry to obtain a marriage license."

I did not know this bit of American history before I posted my initial answer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 02:50PM by Tevai.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 05:01PM

"No man who makes disparaging remarks concerning those of another race can consider himself a true disciple of Christ. Nor can he consider himself to be in harmony with the teachings of the Church of Christ.” - Gordon B. Hinckley

That disqualifies Joseph, Brigham and many other leaders. Therefore the Cojcolds is disqualified as a church.

How do they stickhandle their way around that?

Posted by: nevermo4 ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 06:17PM

Canadian 'friend',
Could you elaborate what the Cojcolds is?
And what other leaders you refer to? strange comment.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 06:32PM

http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/abbreviations

COJCOLDS - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

There have been several leaders that have made racist statements besides BY.

Posted by: Goldros ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 05:16PM

There's a facebook account "Wife with a purpose". I disagree with her a lot - she appears to be pretty racist, she said that people can't be anti-white and still be good christians. She missed the point the church had and twisted it. but when she posted about this "statement from TSCC", so many TBMs started lecturing her on how her views are so wrong and how the church is loving and other BS. People forget the history very fast and most importantly forget that LDS church changes its view on things basically every ten years.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: August 16, 2017 06:47PM

Things never change. Going for the Africans. Some big money there. Every penny counts to crooks. Even if it's their last penny. Teach the widow's mite. I try not to let this happen to me, but right now I am despising J Holland, Doofdorf, and that discusting human Bednar. Darkness. Evil. Con. Theft. Treachery. Deceipt. Men of no conscience. Self-serving pos's.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.