Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:32PM

Lets say that the GA had his second anointing. Does that not put him and his wife in the Celestial Kingdom, no matter what he does? Except something to do with the Holy Ghost.

So if the ex'ed him did they go to him and say, "Your safe in the eternities but because of what you did, we have to make it look like we ex'ed you. Just keep quiet and your stipends, etc will continue to roll in." "This court of love is meaningless, but it will keep the simple folks happy."

Something does not make sense about the whole thing. Maybe someone can explain what making your Calling and Election is all about. If it can be taken away with the stroke of the pen machine in Salt Lake City it means nothing. TBM's need to understand this.

If he did not get his Second Anointing then it becomes a different story.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:41PM

The second anointing is just another way for the inner circle to pat itself on the back.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:51PM

The church is way behind in making everything all look like it works with synchronicity. They've lost control of the information which they used to have control of before the internet became available to everyone. Their marketing machine is broken now. It used to be that they could make it up as they go and everyone just jumped on-board out of ignorance. That doesn't work anymore. So the best answer is that your questions are valid, and that there is no good answer. There never was. It just appeared that way.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 07:00AM

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 08:12AM

There will be answers for your question in the afterlife ... for now just believe. lol

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 12:04PM

Yeah. No worries. God will work it all out.

Guessing he will get some smirks and finger-pointing in the CK:
"How'd that gay guy get in here?"
Or, "How'd that crook get in here?"
Or, "Hey, you like kids? you can bunk with the others over by Joseph's cloud."

Posted by: Pong ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 08:15AM

Well, we've already had someone who's had their second anointing leave the church. I think he said he couldn't get a clear answer from them about whether he's still supposed to be guaranteed the Celestial Kingdom or not.

As for this GA, we don't actually know for certain that he's had his 2nd Anointing. Surely he has... But we don't have proof, there's about a 1% chance he's never had it. I don't think we have any information saying it's a pre-requisite for being a GA.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 08:58AM

>>Does that not put him and his wife in the Celestial Kingdom, no matter what he does? Except something to do with the Holy Ghost.

It should. During the 2nd anointing, a member's "calling and election is made sure." It's essentially a free pass to the CK. The only sin that would cancel that is "denying the Holy Ghost."

As far as finances, I doubt that the church is paying Hamula anything that is not required by law. Normally a pension would be safe, as is access to health insurance, etc.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 03:30PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>Does that not put him and his wife in the
> Celestial Kingdom, no matter what he does? Except
> something to do with the Holy Ghost.
>
> It should. During the 2nd anointing, a member's
> "calling and election is made sure." It's
> essentially a free pass to the CK.

The CK being MORmON code talk for Heaven.
Who ever attempts to issue passes to Heaven also attempts to make themselves equal to Jesus Christ. Joe Smith started up that blasphemous MORmON practice. The current MORmON ASSpostHOLES and leadership breathUrine persist in it. Then MORmONS wonder why MORmONISM is NOT considered to be legitimate Christianity in the traditional Christian community. After all traditional Christians are not supposed to know about MORmONISM'S nasty insider secrets.

> The only sin
> that would cancel that is "denying the Holy
> Ghost."
>
> As far as finances, I doubt that the church is
> paying Hamula anything that is not required by
> law. Normally a pension would be safe, as is
> access to health insurance, etc.

how much is a company required by law to pay some one who has been fired ?

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 09:29AM

Get in free to eternity /heaven no matter how evil your acts

Once you've earned it or qualify

Some twisted God if these rules & conditions actually applied.
Skeptical moments in seminary occurred after hearing teacher talk of the second anointing in hushed voice tone, seeing the light in the eyes of the most cunning predator in class

Still brings to mind the toney remake youth for Christ leader telling my high school youth group run in my swim teachers home, lending validity to them so it must be real, when they said during an activity on grace (it was involving m & m s) that you could commit murder if you had grace and still be saved (still get in, to heaven,). Then she looked at the male youth leader, and, he nodded his head ,(affirmation)
Priceless

Reminded me of a now long time gone ca neighbor, wearing navy t shirt on his huge corded muscled arms hanging across his shoulder tight when he raised a fist to the dusty wind as a car full of red clogged teen where driving by, who was living across the street from a punch drunk former boxer wearing his clans prison gang color who would stroll on the side walk glaring at children, women even , and men wearing red.... each time he had another heart surgery it got worse he became less inhibited more and more aggressive, terribly embarssing his teen aged son.. he was Protestant and explained whatever he did ,---/ I won't go to hell because I've got grace and Jesus died for me

Meanwhile the catholic neighbor (they wore red) active old gangsters in an opposite Mexican gang wife ---- said to me as I was sitting at her kitchen table served something to drink surrounded by family and kids .... she had been picked up by a van full of women in red t shirts earlier in the day, it was for a rosary she turns to me and said," see the men, they're going to hell we know that so it's our job, to pray them through " (out of hell into heaven)

Everyone's got some get out of jail free clause written into their personal god plan like a legal clause clan maintenance ploy religion like a insurance policy with a cap on expenditures which will kick in after person costs hit a certain identified level.

Then some rig the system unwilling to wait for death and they live in their brothers ward when he's bishop, or get their family member to be a catholic deacon or priest, or start a home church if they're Protestant maybe feed the minister steering lobbying god through connections like he /she god creator of the universe was a construction contractor capable of being bribed. Oh wow so human you'll need a connection to lobby your religious community's opportunity applied to your family (when you're here, as well)

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 11:01AM

As explained to me by Elder Ballard (the apostle who performed the ordinance) I was guaranteed the celestial kingdom and to be a God.

According to Elder Bruce R. McConkie (the 'expert' on the subject whose books I was recommended to read), sins committed after the SA may have to be atoned for by suffering the 'buffetings of Satan'. But,after that, they would enter into their exaltation.

The only sin not covered is 'denying the Holy Ghost'.

So, what I gain from these enlightened leaders, you can do anything you like after receiving the SA except deny the Holy Ghost. That sin is further confounded with shedding innocent blood (John D.Lee was not guilty of this as those people were not 'innocent') and denying the Church (per Joseph Smith).

Therefore a second anointee can be excommunicated but it will not effect his SA. Only denying the HG will. If this GA had his SA (I have no doubt of this unless it was stopped when I published my account in January 2008) he will still have the promise.

In my case, I consider it an abysmal judgement of a loving God that I should be perdition and Adolf Hitler can, at least, attain the telestial kingdom.

This thought gave me nightmares for several months even though I knew it was untrue.

Made up nonsense like the rest of Mormonism.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 11:29AM

Thank-you for your responses. I always felt that the Second Anointing was what made it so Hinkley could lie in a TV interview, or GA's could get up in General Conference with stories that may not be true.

It seems every month or so I get more information that shows me this Church is just being put together as it moves along. I have had some people tell me this is modern day revelation. I then explain that truth is truth and if God revealed something, then other information should make it clearer not make it muddier. If God established a program, ex: endowment, then it should be not be changed around as to how to do it or to make word changes, etc.

I am sure glad that I do not have a Second Anointing. At least I can feel guilty about things. I truly believe in my heart of hearts, these brethren that are guiding the Church have forgotten what it means to be human.

So this GA could go out and do something stupid, knowing in his heart of hearts, he has made it the the Celestial Kingdom. What a sick way to live.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 08:59PM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 03:19PM

WHAT ? No post submission edits on that Steve Benson post?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 09:33PM

Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?

Willard: I don't see any method at all, sir.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 08:14PM

Tom, you should write a book. It would sell well. I can see some talk show hosts interviewing you on TV too. Not many people have been guaranteed godhood by their religious leaders and mormonism is just big enough to bring a high shock factor to anyone who has even heard about the mornon church. If you feel guilty about making money on it, just look at it as recouping some of your long lost tithing money.

Another result could be the church shutting down any more SAs. Anything to put a damper on the unlimited narcissm would be good for society.

Posted by: anon 4 this joke ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 11:29AM

"suffering the 'buffetings of Satan'"

Satanic buffet = the burrito station at Chuck-a-Rama.

Posted by: story100 ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 11:44AM

I wonder if we will ever learn what it was about. I hope he finds his way here.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 11:56AM

Or perhaps those outside the inner circle misheard it...

It was "Calling and erection made sure," honest...

A honk of my horn to "Seagull Choker" for his site...

http://www.salamandersociety.com/toptens/

Top 10 Things For Ex-Mormons to do in Case The Church is True

10/06/2011 - by SL Cabbie

10. Collect as many secret temple names from hot ladies as possible.

9. After you croak, tell the guy at the gate you're a friend of J. Golden Kimball.

8. No Number Eight. Cyber-Danites hacked this site, and it wound up in the same place as the lost 116 pages.

7. Wake up and shake it off the way you would any other bad dream.

6. Come the Resurrection, glance down at where your genitals used to be, acknowledge the feeling, and remember all the trouble the damn things caused you in the first place.

5. Blame it all on Steve Benson.

4 Blame it all on Boyd Packer.

3. Bring up the subject of Hitler's temple work to the gatekeeper.

2. Spill the beans on all the family secrets and claim you didn't want to spend forever with most of those d-bags anyway.

1. Start a Multi Level Marketing coffee operation in Outer Darkness.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 11:06AM

as many hot chicks as possible?

I was wondering the same thing about the GA being ex'd and the SA. I'm going to have to read SB's thread about TP's second anointing when I have time. (Whoops! Looks like I already read and listened to these.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 11:10AM by cl2.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 12:31PM

Well, *I* had the Second Anointing, and... No. Wait. I guess I didn't. As you were.

I'm screwed, then.

The sad thing is, right at the beginning of the endowment they tell everyone that they are entering into a rite that only ANOINTS you to become kings and queens, priests and "priestesses," and spring this one on you: "if you are true and faithful, the day will come when you will be chosen, called up, and anointed kings and queens, priests and priestesses, whereas you are now anointed only to become such. The realization of these blessings depends upon your faithfulness (read: wealth, and/or family connections)."

So they do tell you outright that you need more to become kings and queens, etc., but in typical Mormon fashion, the don't tell you what it is or whether someone is already getting it. It's more obfuscated, secret doctrine.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 08:57PM

Forgive my ignorance but did Horny Joe pull the SA out of his own butt or was it some successor profit's brainfart?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 09:00PM

The 2nd Annointing = just a special, oh so special club that the nervous elites use to pretend that they are above the law and protected from all their lies and scams.

Does it help them sleep at night?

Who knows as the cracks in the sleazy cult of Mormonism are growing bigger daily and the elites are getting closer to falling i. Plua, I think they all know this as they slam the hammer down harder and harder condemning and creating fear wherever they think it might make the saints shake in their boots.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 11:01AM

When did it ever make sense?

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 06:11PM

Once having been sealed by the holy spirit of promise - witnessed in the second anointing - that individual cannot be lost save it be that he sheds innocent blood or denies the holy ghost. Otherwise he will be delivered up to the buffetings of satan until he has paid to the last farthling and the the redemption of chist will once again cover his sins.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 06:53PM

It dates back to Joseph Smith's time and gave him something of value to offer to his powerful supporters so they would overlook his indiscretions and thus he would stay as the head of the power pyramid. Very similar to the " made men" in the crime syndicates. If you can't lose your status no matter what you do...you've "got it made". It looks like it's been reinstated. I understand it was discontinued for awhile.

Posted by: KryptoniteKing ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 09:54PM

Who the hell cares about the 2nd Anointing? Church leaders dont give a damn as the subject only increases their mystique and awe amongst their fawning and star struck members!
The world certainly couldn't care less or even knows about the weird American midwest cult!
Only disillusioned and fu--ed up Mormons who cannot leave Mormonism alone, are obsessed with this and other crazy church doctrines.
The cult will thrive and expand its operations for the next 100 years and more regardless of its creepy past!
Time to move on from the daily church bashing! It's such an unhealthy and self defeating process!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 05:52PM

"Time to move on from the daily church bashing! It's such an unhealthy and self defeating process!"

But it's just so much... fun!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.