Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Atheist/Cultural Mormon ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 08:14PM

Quote by Edward Abbey, which pretty much sums up my view of the LDS religion.

Switching subjects, the species Homo sapiens are a much worse scourge on the earth than religion/Mormonism, even atheists, as was discussed briefly previously, sort of a cancer.

Back to your regular discussion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 01:08AM

The Earth has seen worse than us. It doesn't even have to find a way to make us go extinct. We can handle that ourselves.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 01:16AM

I didn't find Seldom Seen Smith to be all that hilarious.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 10:22AM

The Bible is more hilarious. It's just that it's more culturally ingrained so it seems "normal."

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 11:08AM

All Mormonism has to do is focus on Honesty, Kindness, & Respect; a great increase in credibility will certainly follow!

Waiting...

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 12:08PM

I myself do not find the word hilarious a fit for the MormonCult. The harm it inflicts with its teaching of no critical thinking, no belief in evidence, follow the profit always, and its built in habit of accepting lying in defense of the religion is not hilarious to me,

Sure, its basis of sleazy Joey with his face in a hat looking at a brown egg is ridiculous. However, the fact that he built God into the equation to trick people into giving up their hard-earned money and their young daughters makes him such a low-life in my book that I see no hilarity in the cult he created.

Also, the fact that because of my upbringing which made me highly susceptible to fall for Joey's pitch of families forever and a beautiful life after death at a young age when I was crying for something positive and accepting in my life, discovering that it was nothing but a low mean sham was more than difficult.

The MormonCult hurts deeply, maims, and sometimes kills. It steals, lies, and promises to take away fears that are impossible to take away. It is plain evil in my book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 12:11PM by presleynfactsrock.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.