Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bgoekhan ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 08:32AM

Hey Dear Brothers and Sister,

I'm Gökhan and I'm 27 Years old and live in the Federal Republic of Germany.
I was affilated/member of the Church since July 2010.
I left the Church this April 2017.

The Church made me depressif and angry.

Any problem begun after my baptism.
The Bishop left me like an trash and was not interested that I would be integrated into the ward.
They make anything worse for me, only the families where important.
I was as an Single Homosexual individual not important for them.

Even the bishop told me many times I should be happy with the membership in the church and I don't need the Endowment.
On the other hand the Missionaries preached every one that they need the Endowment.
After I asked this inconsistency to the bishop he did not answered this since years and in the last Talking with him he told me the same garbage with that someone must wait until he or she is 30 years old to get his Endowment because President Gordon B Hinckley told that.

I asked Salt Lake City many times and the answer was they don't have any policy that someone must wait until 30.
And I asked the bishop to work with me towards that but he refused since my baptism.

There where some other accidents to that brought me to left church but I will let them know later.

Yours Sincerly
Your brother Gökhan

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 08:46AM

Hello, Gökhan! You are very welcome here. I'm sorry that your bishop treated you so poorly. I don't think your experience is unusual. The Mormon church is not a very welcoming place to homosexuals. It is not a good place for homosexuals to find a home.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:54AM

Nice to hear from you. I, too, am sorry that you have been treated poorly by the cult of Mormonism, but, in my opinion, this is what it does over and over again to its members on tons of subjects. The cult is years and years behind on many social issues, homosexuality being one of them. It is deplorable in how it treats homosexuality.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:31PM

My ex-Mormon's son's best friend in Germany is named Ghökhan. You wouldn't, per chance, be an artist, would you? I suppose that lots of kids with Turkish parents are named Ghökhan.

Anyway, Hope you find help here on this website. One thing for sure, every Mormon will give you a different answer to every questions. Mostly because Mormons themselves don't know their own stuff, and Mormon leaders apply the rules very unevenly.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:34PM

the mormon church regularly mistreats anyone who isn't their church ideal. They're not like churches which try to meet the needs of attendees. Rather, the mormon church sees members as commodities to be used or abused as it suits them.

You need to separate yourself from this unfair and nasty situation. Turn your back on this abuse. Don't let mormons into your home and don't go to their church. Start rebuilding your life and your esteem. You deserve better than an abusive organization with conditional "friends" who would dump you for any slight whim.

It's probably good that you didn't go to the temple because that can be a daunting and demoralizing experience.

Check out some other churches and get counseling if you think it will help. Start enjoying you free time. Are there hobbies and activities you'd like to try? Cooking? Hiking? Art? Bird watching? You might try a reading or writing group or take up stamp collecting or a sport. Get out and meet other people and if you're patient, you can make new friends. Invite someone over for coffee or go out and sit in a public place just to watch the people.

I'm proud of you for posting and I'm happy you're leaving mormonism. It's only pleasant at first when they're coaxing you to join. After that it often goes down hill fast. You're not alone.

Date: August 12, 2017 12:56PM

Thank you for your Replies
Yes my name is Turkish but I'm not an artist
One intresting thing is that the missionaries here in Berlin has many investigators but we did in my war had no baptisms since years.
The last baptism where my two best friends and even after I left Church they are talking to me because they aren't making anything what the church wants to.

Coming to the church ideal I mean how can someone met this artificial catalogue to be in mercy with them.

The elders where even angry when I cited from the Bible few weeks prior I left and I told how someone can be angry at the word of God
The only answer was, do you read the BoM?

Posted by: Counsel ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:53PM

Your bishop kept lying to you, because though he deemed you were not "worthy enough" to be endowed, your tithing money had to be encouraged to stay. The money was not homosexual, after all, and would help with the upkeep of the temple.

I'm so sorry this cult infected your life and hurt you. Be free, live freely, learn to love who you are, and that "worthiness" has nothing to do with the lies that LDS, Inc. sells to vulnerable people.

Welcome to the board. I encourage you to keep reading and posting, to read through some of the links on the main page, and to learn about the factual history of Joe Smith, his criminal history and behaviors, and the "church" (cult) he invented.

Since Mormonism was invented in the US, I imagine that there is far less material available in your native language. Please let us know anything that doesn't translate well, and we'll attempt to explain our sometimes strange use of English.

Best regards to you, and again, welcome!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 02:04PM

I, too, joined the Mormon church as a convert. The man most responsible for my conversion pretended to be my best friend during my time investigating the church. He was an older man and a hero-figure to me.

My California ward was very missionary-oriented and it had several conversions every couple of months. Everyone there was VERY friendly. I thought I had found heaven on Earth.

All of that changed when my parents moved and I started attending BYU. My so called friend suddenly had no interest, or time, for me when I came home to visit. A very painful memory for me was when I called him and made fixed a date to visit him. I had to drive three hours through downtown Los Angeles to get to his house.

When I finally got there, he coldly greeted me at the door and said he decided to take his son to a football game and couldn't talk. On the 160 km drive home, I had plenty of time to figure out he wasn't really a friend. At the time, I blamed myself--I took too much of his time, I was a pain in the ass, etc.

What also threw me was that the ward's bishop didn't answer any of the letter I wrote to him. This was very painful!

Many years later, I found out the truth about my "friend.". He had been having affairs with college-age women while he was in his 50s and in the bishopric. He went on to divorce his Mormon temple-married wife to marry a woman 30 years younger than him five days after his divorce. Apparently, no one in the ward wanted to tell me what had happened.

In my new ward, I wasn't a novelity. I was just a single 20-year-old who was going to school and didn't really fit in to the ward. My new bishop wasn't interested in me, but only wanted to put me down for my masturbation habit.

Despite all of the above, I remained in the church for another 10 years before I found out the truth of Joseph Smith and Mormonism's questionable doctrines and history.

Although it may be painful for you to know of the church's deception, you are out of it without having spent massive amounts of time and money as a member. It also hasn't had enough time to fuck with your mind--it sure fucked with mine!

Cheers to you! Who you are is a gift for this world. I hope that you can continue to build quality friendships and relationships without the need of Mormonism or another cult. There are many gay-friendly churches or other faith communities should you like to participate.

Very best wishes for a joyful, healthy, fulfilling life! The Boner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 02:10PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 10:38PM

Hello Bgoekhan,

All I can think of to tell you is: go outside on a clear night, look up and see all the stars? Thank them for NOT going to the temple. It would scar you for life. You can watch everything that goes on there on YouTube!
How sacred and special is it now? It is Not. That's my point. As one who was there several times in my life, I never felt the ground shake, or felt wonderful, warm fuzzies. Nothing.
Also, be grateful you are out of the morg. Get on with your new life, young man.

I am also single and felt like a leper at church because I have no children or husband. I married Satan's brother when I was 29. Within a month, he beat me to near death, got me fired from a job I had for 4 years....Was single for the next 30+ years.
I didn't fit in at church.

You are young. Enjoy life, every single day. Don't be too sad or depressed to enjoy something of every day.

I tell you this as an old person. Life is too short. Be happy once everyday. And laugh. It is very good medicine for a gloomy outlook. Find like minded individuals you share a common interest with. Feel good about something. Maybe-get a cat or dog. Then look at life from their point of view and wonder if they think about what your troubles are?
They just want unconditional love. Don't we all?

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 12:58PM

I appreciated this post i needed it today

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:02PM

Gökhan, one more thing. You should know that the Mormon temple endowment ceremony was based on Masonic ceremonies. Joseph Smith was a Mason. If you want to see what the endowment ceremony looks like, you can go to this YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Newnamenoah

Richard Packham's website also has a lot of information:

http://packham.n4m.org/temples.htm

Posted by: badassadam1 ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 12:25PM

I feel you brother they never let me do the endowment either and i did everything right and it drove me crazy but when i actually saw what it, it was so dissapointing it was like the wizard of oz and behind the curtain was just an old man literally and i have to keep telling myself to this day that the religion is just the wizard of oz.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 04:55PM

POOF! The word of the hour. The wizard did nothing but give encouragement to the 4. The tin man already had a heart, the scarecrow already had a brain, the lion already had courage and Dorothy just had to wake up from a crazy dream.

Badass. you did not miss a thing not attending the temple. Way back we swore blood oaths to not talk about what goes on in the temple. If anybody talked about it, NOBODY would be lining up to go there. We actually went thru the motions of killing ourselves IF we talked about what went on. NOW it is on youtube and how secret and sacred is it now? It ain't.

It is sad to wake up one day, after you read how FAKE the church is, and realize this is "reality." 2 months ago, when I first heard, then read various things, all I could do is read and listen to more!
It was worse than crack! I could not get enough of ex-mos telling me 'WHY?' they left the church. Hours turned into days of hearing how wrong I have been for so long. It was hard to believe.
40 years later, I woke up one day with a new attitude. Started wearing different clothes, cuss out loud now, do not miss fighting the alarm on Sunday mornings. I have no friends now, because I was told to NOT TALK to anyone about the things I KNOW about.

Badass..Enjoy life. Don't get too sad and depressed over things. You are free! Be happy your mind is not being controlled by the Morg. anymore!!!!!

Date: August 13, 2017 06:07PM

I definitely feel more free than i used to thats for sure.

Date: August 13, 2017 06:10PM

Thanks for the huge replies.
I'm. Visiting since three weeks an protestant church we call it Freikirche in German don't know the proper word in English.
It'd better there and I feel welcome even the Pastor was nice and heard me patiently

Date: August 14, 2017 04:39PM

cutekitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> POOF! The word of the hour. The wizard did nothing
> but give encouragement to the 4. The tin man
> already had a heart, the scarecrow already had a
> brain, the lion already had courage and Dorothy
> just had to wake up from a crazy dream.
>
> Badass. you did not miss a thing not attending
> the temple. Way back we swore blood oaths to not
> talk about what goes on in the temple. If anybody
> talked about it, NOBODY would be lining up to go
> there. We actually went thru the motions of
> killing ourselves IF we talked about what went on.
> NOW it is on youtube and how secret and sacred is
> it now? It ain't.
>
> It is sad to wake up one day, after you read
> how FAKE the church is, and realize this is
> "reality." 2 months ago, when I first heard, then
> read various things, all I could do is read and
> listen to more!
> It was worse than crack! I could not get enough of
> ex-mos telling me 'WHY?' they left the church.
> Hours turned into days of hearing how wrong I have
> been for so long. It was hard to believe.
> 40 years later, I woke up one day with a new
> attitude. Started wearing different clothes, cuss
> out loud now, do not miss fighting the alarm on
> Sunday mornings. I have no friends now, because I
> was told to NOT TALK to anyone about the things I
> KNOW about.
>
> Badass..Enjoy life. Don't get too sad and
> depressed over things. You are free! Be happy your
> mind is not being controlled by the Morg.
> anymore!!!!!

And i really needed to read this thank you i have taken so much persecution from my family over the years its not even funny almost completely destroying myself on purpose because i thought they were in the god club and i wasnt for such a long time. Feeling like your an outcast from god himself was the worst thing ever when i was a teen that i actually thought and felt like a bad guy when it came to religion but i had a feeling that i was a good soul underneath it all maybe even a badass. But only me and a few others in my entire family have been successfull at breaking away and each one of us are still viewed like a screw up but i KNOW EXACTLY why people end their lives in that religion and trying to make the difficult task of getting out and healing into a normal person again.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 05:17PM

It's not you, it's them. What an awful religion. If you want a nice German-built religion, try Lutheranism. Anything beats the circus freak show of Mormonism.

Posted by: happyepiscopalian ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 03:40PM

http://www.stgeorges.de

It's an Anglican church, which is the European equivalent of the Episcopal church in America. After 47 years as a Mormon in Utah, I am feeling much better here in Nevada as an Episcopalian. Sexual orientation is not an issue, in fact, my priest is gay.
Best wishes for a Mormon free life!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.