Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: happycamper73 ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:12AM

It was brought to my attention that someone in this group who calls herself "Susan I/S", said of my ex-husband, Mike Norton (aka NewNameNoah), "He is a truly nasty and vile person...Those that KNOW him and have known him for YEARS, know just what he is. Just ask any of his ex-wives or their families."

Susan I/S called my ex "a nasty, lying, attention seeking troll who does not care AT ALL about anyone else. He has no interest in helping anyone, all he cares about is attention for HIMSELF. And that is the truth folks." That's some pretty strong language for a woman who's never met the guy.

I was with Mike Norton for 7 years. Since Susan I/S suggested ya'll "just ask any of his ex-wives" I thought I'd save you the trouble trying to find me and come to you with the truth.

I was married to Mike Norton when he first recorded the temple ceremonies. He spent hours every single day talking with people online and on the phone, selflessly helping complete strangers see the truth about Mormonism. He would often send temple recommends to people using UPS next day air letters so they could attend temple weddings of their own children. Most of the time he didn't ask for compensation for the shipping cost and told me, "If they can't afford to pay tithing maybe they can't afford to pay next day air shipping."

I know for a fact that he was paying the mother of his three children $2,000 per month in spousal support months before he was required to do so by the court. Keep in mind HE had full custody of the kids. This was just spousal support. He treated my two children like they were his own. He once tried to donate a kidney to a complete stranger and cried when he found out that he wasn't compatible. He would say, "God gave us two kidneys for a reason. One to use and one to share."

Mike Norton would literally give his last dollar to someone else who needed it more. He's not a Saint and he doesn't pretend to be one. He has plenty of flaws but I won't share them because ya'll seem to have fun making up your own flaws about him. I guess I should say since I'm told the accusation was tossed out here that Mike has never given alcohol to minors, let alone shared shots of vodka with them.

Ya'll can try and paint him out to be some sort of "nasty and vile person" but he's spent thousands of dollars and god only knows how many hours selflessly helping others see the truth about Mormonism. This Susan I/S gal said, "Just ask any of his ex-wives or their families," so here ya go. He's a good man trying to leave this world a better place than it was when he came into it.

By the way, all three of his divorces were amicable and two of the three divorces (including ours) didn't involve lawyers at all. We just weren't compatible and filed a small court fee and filed the paperwork ourselves. The administrators here are welcome to contact me privately for confirmation that I am indeed his ex-wife. I would encourage anyone here to seek out the other two ex-wives and suspect they would say the same thing. "Susan I/S" knows nothing about Mike Norton, let alone the thoughts of his ex-wives and our families.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:44AM

Thank you

Date: August 12, 2017 01:02AM

You're welcome!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:55AM

Yes, thank you.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 01:18AM

I'll keep an eye out for his videos.

Only 3 marriages? 27 more and he can be a prophet.

Date: August 12, 2017 01:22AM

Haha!! True!

Date: August 12, 2017 02:20AM

I'm not hating on Norton! I'm just trying to speak the truth!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 02:36AM by happycamper73.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 02:14AM

I have some kind of vague memory of reading about this, why is someone here hating so much on Mike Norton?

Posted by: pettigrew ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 04:52AM

Thanks Mike.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 05:26AM

I remember Mike Norton doing his level best to hijack this board, cause all kinds of trouble, and hijack an exMo Conference session where I was in attendance, so I saw it first hand from about 20 feet away.

This guy was trouble with a capital T. Basically a bad horror movie character.

Beware

Date: August 12, 2017 09:10AM

"Hijack an exMo Conference"? You mean take five minutes on an open mic at the Conference and spend 30 seconds talking about the censorship on this forum that prevents him from responding to slanderous comments like yours? Amazing how hundreds of people were in attendance but nobody has this hijacking recorded. It must've been so shocking that nobody thought to record it.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 10:05AM

Susan I/S is a former, and long-time admin for this board. Eric K. is the site owner. Per their reports, Mike has repeatedly said vile things to them and threatened them. Do you know of any privately-run, moderated message board that would tolerate this? I don't.

The fact is, when you are a member of a privately-run message board, you are essentially a guest in someone else's house and must behave as such. As a board member, you don't get to decide board rules and policies. The admins try to administer the rules fairly, but they are only human and there will be some variance. If you have major issues with board ownership or admin, it stands to reason that you need to find another board to hang your hat -- or maybe even start your own board! There is no such thing as "censorship" on a privately run board.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 10:16AM by summer.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 08:29AM

To Happy Camper
I"m glad you added new information. We are all mostly anonymous here so its nice when someone gets called on there BS. I don't know anything about Mike Norton and never saw original post but I respect honesty.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 10:58AM

Who are you, another cousin?
(Just kidding)

Come on people.

You have to wonder why an exwife knows all about what he said when, his activities, his posting name, and has the interest to follow some goofy exmo group and what they might say. Honey, it's time to move on to your new life and quit keeping up with his.

I never followed the original fiasco, but now I can see what SusI/S must have been dealing with.

This is just not passing the sniff test.

Edited to correct an error because I was wrong questioning if moehoward was a regular poster.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 11:07AM by dagny.

Posted by: Board Regular Longer than Most ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 01:47PM

Anyone who believes this still has a lot of work to do on their LDS "gullibility gene" issues that render them suckers for "Network Marketing" nonsense.

Three marriages? Hey, that puts in up there with the guy in the Oval Office who's mastered the art of lying with his thumbs.

BTW, if you're wondering who this is, you bought me a steak dinner in Zion years ago, and afterwards we chatted in a lovely spot of wilderness less than a mile from Temple Square.

I'm staying anonymous this time (Eric knows who I am) because it'll drive Norton nuts trying to figure out my secret identity.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 10:01AM

How can anyone believe that this is Mike Norton's REAL third ex-wife?

Here's a guy who assumes someone else's identity to obtain a temple recommend to deceive churchgoers that he's someone he isn't.

For weeks and months he recorded secret video tapes of himself at church meetings, in temple sessions, etc pretending he's someone else for the sake of duping all those people he pretended to be worshiping with. In order to publish his videos online for the world to see to gain what I suspect is nothing more than notoriety.

His videos are not exactly what I consider to be edifying, uplifting, or enlightening. In fairness they might be a form of entertainment in Mike's own virtual "reality" show. Maybe if he'd stuck to the original temple session revisions he might've left well enough alone.

Mike Norton is an imposter. He even took along a "FAKE" daughter with him to some meetings telling church goers he was her father in order to embellish his assumed identity of another.

I very much doubt we're dealing with a happy ex-wife here trying to set the record straight against Mike.

More likely it is Mike himself assuming someone else's identity yet again in order to change the impressions of others about him from prior run-ins he may have had such as with an administrator here, or two.

He has a following on YouTube. No doubt he'd like to gather even more to subscribe to his YouTube channel by sharing them here.

I wish you well Mike Norton. But you don't need to go through life pretending to be someone you're not.

Peace out.

Date: August 12, 2017 10:11AM

Yes, exactly. He has a history of impersonating others on this board. Board admins can see the IP addresses of people who post here. They often know when the same person is posting under another name.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 10:38AM

In the end, that's what counts.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:33AM

He has a long history of impersonation and lying. I'm not about to believe he's changed for this one post.

Posted by: Rightonhappy ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 10:27AM

Thanks for posting happy. You are

Date: August 12, 2017 10:48AM

I am happy! You're welcome! Unless you know Mike personally you need to keep your opinions about him to yourself! :)

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 01:07PM

happycamper73 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...Unless you know Mike
> personally you need to keep your opinions about
> him to yourself! :)

So then we're safe to assume you know Susan I/S personally?

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:08AM

People who try to tell other people when they can and can't give an opinion are people I like to show my long boney middle finger to.

Date: August 12, 2017 11:22AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:25AM

I've checked in here almost daily since 1999 and I've seen their kindness and hard work.

The person in question wrote nasty threats and accusations to Susan, Eric and those in charge of the exmo conferences and foundation members. He was banned from at least two exmo sites and dis-invited from the conference. I've met him and I've met most of those who have tried to rein him in and who have given him far more chances than he deserved.

I'd trust those who have never lied to me over him any day.

I do not believe that so many exmos in charge of sites and events would have problems with him unless there was due cause. I've read some of his vicious threats and insults and I would have banned him for life years ago.

He's faker, a liar and a troll. He needs to start his own site and deal with those who sing his praises. All of his ex-wives, kids, other relatives, and supporters can contribute to his cause and revel in his videos.

I don't need to hear what a fine fellow he is because I've seen his dark vicious side and I have no time for the likes of creeps like him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 12:17PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:28AM

Hmmm... Who to trust here...

The person who was an admin, who's posts I've read for years, who I have come to trust after personally seeing how they've dealt with many a sticky situation usually with a great deal of grace considering the situations they've had to deal with.

Or...

The person who just popped up today to defend someone who is known to impersonate others and has threatened violence, some of which I watched happen on the board myself.

This might take a while to figure out...

Posted by: Board Regular Longer than Most ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 01:25PM

Posted by: montanadude ( )

I'm Mike Norton's ex-wife

Mike has his own YouTube channel which is fine. That is between him, YouTube, the Mormon church and its legal team, and anyone whose face might appear in the videos. People can choose to view or not view the videos as they see fit.

I've seen Mike post on r/exmo in the past. That's fine, too. Whatever he posts there is between him and the board admin there. Ditto for any other message board he might post on.

He did not get along with board ownership or admin here, and that happens. He said some nasty, vile things to admin and threatened them. That crosses the line here. It would cross the line on many or even most boards.

This board, as a privately run site, does not owe him *anything.* It does not and never did owe him the ability to link to his videos, although Eric now allows it. It does not owe him the right to post here. As I said above, there is no such thing as "censorship" on a privately run board. Admin can run the board any way they please. If you don't like it, either work it out with admin in a civil manner, or do the mature thing and find someplace else to hang your hat. There are other options.

Even before links were allowed, we never had any issue with directing interested people to his videos. Anyone with the internet search skills of your average ten year old could find them.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:46AM

Maybe Mike Norton is like me.

Sometimes I'm an asshole and act like an unenlightened jerk.

Sometimes I'll give every bit of myself to help someone out.

I respect Erik, Susan, and Mike.

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:50AM

I don't have a dog in this fight, so I can't judge who is in all of this, but I will say I appreciate Mike's efforts to get the cult temple session on YouTube. The church lies all the time to get people to believe that it's "the one true church", so I don't have a problem with him deceiving to get into the temple.

My non-believing son was saying that his wife was interested in possibly pursuing a temple marriage--at least looking into it. My son showed her Mike's temple session videos and she was horrified to see what happens in those cult rooms. She is totally against ever going through that. All the talking he did with her about it seemed to weird to be true, until she saw it with her own eyes. She didn't believe my son's account of the temple.

I'm sure other people can be helped by seeing the true temple ceremony, so I for one, and my son, thank Mike for his efforts.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 01:14PM

This is me also. Thanks for saving me much typing on this damnable mobile keyboard.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:50AM

Anyone who brings out the truth - fraud of the Mormon church is good on me. I have seen some of the temple videos and whoa..that takes big ones... Thanks Mike -

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:02PM

When your true colors are showing.

Don't know this Norton guy nor Erik nor any of the administrators of this board but I find these attacks very telling. I need not say more.

The fact is the temple video's are now out there and available for viewing regardless of the ways of promoting them. I think that is of benefit for all who are in - out - or investigating Mormonism. For this I am grateful.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:06PM

Posted by: jsvet ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:08PM

I did not for one moment believe that the OP was written by a female, nor, for that matter, a third party.

Fairly obvious, when one knows how to look for lies.

Date: August 12, 2017 12:25PM

Last time I checked I was definitely a female! Sorry to disappoint you!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:56PM

I dealt with enough imposters as a LDS.

There's no way in hell I'm going to enable one on RfM or elsewhere.

Mike Norton at least admits he's an imposter when he's not in acting mode.

It seems like sheer lunacy to me.

Whatever benefit he hopes to gain by making and publishing videos using false pretenses doesn't do much to impress me that he's helping others.

He's only trying to promote himself IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 01:00PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: No name ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 01:17PM

Hold on...I am actually Mike Norton's ex wife. Im serious. All 3 of us ex wives loooove us some Mike Norton. Which is why we all divorced him. You should all thank him for being awesome. This is a true post, if you preay you will know.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 01:22PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.